ADVERTISEMENT

Games tomorrow night?

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Where is everyone going tomorrow night? I will be at the Downingtown East vs Downingtown West Game. I want to see how West does with out the QB. I think it will be a close one. Wests D matches up well against the one dimensional East squad.

If anyone wants to catch up for a cold one before Kick I will be at the Station Tap Room on Lincoln highway across from the train station.

Reactions: PastorZack
The best rivalry in District 1. The stadium will be filled to capacity, it will be loud. Great atmosphere!!!

MP, see you at Tap Room . Sub 1 Monster?

Is Ryan Wetzel the new QB? It’s a great game but who are we kidding.. DEast by atleast 2 tds or more. No skin in game.. my kids attended both high schools.

Unfortunately, I gotta side with Chestmont on this one fellas. West D against the run is much improved compared to last year altjalth they did a very nice job against East defensively last year before running out of steam in the 4th.
My thing is yes no Qb but I also think emotionally or pschylogically it's very difficult to be 6-0, get physically beaten up and man handled the way they did last week and recover to win this game. I think teams get deep into the year undefeated, lose at this point, it's tough to recover the next week. I think East would have to come out slow, make mistakes and let West get off to a fast start in order for West to pull this one out. It's been what 5 years since West won the Battle of Brandywine? Crazier things have happened. Hope it's a slugfest!

I'll be at Coatesville/WC East watching my son play. His senior year is going way too fast. Has been an enjoyable ride so for though.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Unfortunately, I gotta side with Chestmont on this one fellas. West D against the run is much improved compared to last year altjalth they did a very nice job against East defensively last year before running out of steam in the 4th.
My thing is yes no Qb but I also think emotionally or pschylogically it's very difficult to be 6-0, get physically beaten up and man handled the way they did last week and recover to win this game. I think teams get deep into the year undefeated, lose at this point, it's tough to recover the next week. I think East would have to come out slow, make mistakes and let West get off to a fast start in order for West to pull this one out. It's been what 5 years since West won the Battle of Brandywine? Crazier things have happened. Hope it's a slugfest!
IA - Thumbs up for the Unfortunately piece! Keep in mind not only did West get its ass beat they lost there offensive leader. DEsst run defense is gonna have a field day w no pads threat

Great insight IA. I never thought about the emotional part. With that being said anything can happen in a rivalry game like this. My line for this game is East -8. O/U 48.5

Reactions: Sub1Monster

Does anyone know the records of DEast and DWest since the split? Downingtown HS had a tremendous program which seemed to keep going at DEast but not so much at West. Local Newspaper and Dtown alumni give a lot of love to Whippets but Cougars seem to be the team year in and out. Good luck to both

State at Central Dauphin if we can get away in next 2 hrs. SC was beat up last week with 2 DLs, 2 OLs out and Rb Edwards not playing (?) they had little chance v Hburg. CD not Hburg but SC will need those DLs and the (C) Pone against them.

Does anyone know the records of DEast and DWest since the split? Downingtown HS had a tremendous program which seemed to keep going at DEast but not so much at West. Local Newspaper and Dtown alumni give a lot of love to Whippets but Cougars seem to be the team year in and out. Good luck to both
East leads the series 9-5

Didn't they split in 2003?
If so, the first game would have been 2004. They've play 14 times, yes?
I guess my man O'Brien is wrong??

Didn't they split in 2003?
If so, the first game would have been 2004. They've play 14 times, yes?
I guess my man O'Brien is wrong??
I’m looking for the overall records of DEast and DWest since they split the high school

CL1
Last year as “Downingtown” was 2002.

2003 to 2017, DWest went 104-62, 62.6%
Winning seasons 9
Losing 5
.500 1

2003 to 2017, DEast went 126-49, 72.0%
Winning seasons 13
Losing 2
.500 0

Coatesville since Ortega (2009) 88-24, 78.6%
Winning seasons 8
Losing 1
.500 0

CL1
Last year as “Downingtown” was 2002.

2003 to 2017, DWest went 104-62, 62.6%
Winning seasons 9
Losing 5
.500 1

2003 to 2017, DEast went 126-49, 72.0%
Winning seasons 13
Losing 2
.500 0

Coatesville since Ortega (2009) 88-24, 78.6%
Winning seasons 8
Losing 1
.500 0
Thanks Stalker

West did a great job of shutting down Easts one dimensional O. West came out and Punched East in the mouth and east never recovered

Looked to me like East tried to be a little fancy early in the game and got away from what they do. Different formations, shifts, throwing the ball on first two of 3 downs. That's not what they do. Didn't really get a rythm going to the second quarter. Just an outsiders take. Just thought it was strange.

Reactions: Sub1Monster
Looked to me like East tried to be a little fancy early in the game and got away from what they do. Different formations, shifts, throwing the ball on first two of 3 downs. That's not what they do. Didn't really get a rythm going to the second quarter. Just an outsiders take. Just thought it was strange.
Matta chokes in big games

Funny, its usually Milano that out coaches himself in this game, not Matta. Matta doesn't call the offense but since he is the head coach, yes he needs to take accountability. Heard he had the kids in at 7am this morning. Not sure if this is normal for a Saturday morning but I'm sure they will respond and finish the season strong. They could still tie for the league title.

I’m not a West guy. As I was watching the game you could tell West was playing like they had nothing to lose and East looked nervous.

C'mon... credit where credit is due. Those West kids had something to prove. Defense was tough, and coaches designed a great offense with a backup leading them. Special kudos to #4 - he had a great game on all sides of ball.

I’m not a West guy. As I was watching the game you could tell West was playing like they had nothing to lose and East looked nervous.
28-7 was impressive. DEast is one of the best 6A teams and West showed they are even better. Congrats to DWest.

Here is an interesting question I thought about. If they both finish in the top 8, does the lower seed play on Saturday night at home?

Great to see as I love watching extra playoff football but does create a disadvantage for the winner of that Saturday night game unfortunately

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT