ADVERTISEMENT

From the Wpial: Pitt CC lost to NA

WpialHSFB

Nov 30, 2010
Despite all the talent at PCC they go down to a very solid NA team in a close game.

In other news Penn Trafford beats a very good McKeesport team. PT has one of the best D-lines in the state, and a very potent offense. Despite all the talent at Woody and PCC I wouldn't be surprised to see Pine Richland vs Penn Trafford in the Wpial finals.

Despite all the talent at PCC they go down to a very solid NA team in a close game.

In other news Penn Trafford beats a very good McKeesport team. PT has one of the best D-lines in the state, and a very potent offense. Despite all the talent at Woody and PCC I wouldn't be surprised to see Pine Richland vs Penn Trafford in the Wpial finals.
You might be right. How scary does pine Richland look now after beating NA the week before by 2 touchdowns but I wouldn't be so quick to turn on central catholic just yet.

I watched the McKeesport/ Penn Trafford game and was very impressed with both teams. I would think they both will be in the WPIAL playoffs .

Pine Richland is going to be one heck of an out this year. They should be scary good over the next two years as well.

100% agree on PCC. They will gel as the year goes on. Kind of like SJP last year. I'd love to see a Penn Trafford Pine Richland game shake out.

I still like woody high. The offensive line is massive and they have the best running back tanduim probably not just in the state but in the country in joe el Shaw and miles sanders. There is going to be some fun games this year with 5 clear cut favorites 1. woodland hills 2. Penntraford 3. Pine Richland 4. PCC 5. NA

Congrats to NA. The West is loaded and now this. Maybe now we'll stop hearing the unending accounts of the number of D1 recruits they have. At the end of the day it's a bunch of high school guys sorting things out on the field.
Saw PT on PCN beat a pretty good McKeesport team and they looked as good as Central Dauphin in my view; better backs at CD. But it's going to be a war for both just getting out of their districts. District 1 and District 11 look just as competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesman3
Another one of those hip deep years in the West (yikes).

What's up with Mt. Lebo? At 3-0 not much mention about the Blue Devils (maybe it's the 2-7 overall of their opponents).

Anybody got the scoop on Manganiello's alma mater?

Lebo is good against bad teams. They still have to play Woody, Bethel Park, USC.

PR is a little inconsistent right now. Looked like they has a letdown game against Fox Chapel after watching them roll on offense vs. NA. They had a ton of penalties and never could get going in the first half. Defense needs to get better too - Fox Chapel had some nice drives. It seems like they are starting to play some of the younger kids on offense to get them experience.

Everything I've heard about the PCC-NA game is that PCC smacked NA initially and NA kept fighting back. The game winning TD was on a QB sneak where 5 kids missed tackles and the kid from NA went 20 yards for a TD. Great effort by him (Truman the QB)

Was very surprised PCC only scored 17 points - the whole change to the spread offense was supposed to be able to get athletes in space and help them score against the good teams.

Lebo was 5-0 last year, and as someone said, they played good teams down the stretch and sorta feel apart.

Huge win by Bethel Park - USC has a couple big linemen, but their skill players are average.

Penn Trafford is the real deal.

Top 5:
1. Woody
2. Penn-Trafford
3. PR
4. NA
5. PCC
6. McKeesport
7. Bethel Park
8. Plum

PR is a little inconsistent right now. Looked like they has a letdown game against Fox Chapel after watching them roll on offense vs. NA. They had a ton of penalties and never could get going in the first half. Defense needs to get better too - Fox Chapel had some nice drives. It seems like they are starting to play some of the younger kids on offense to get them experience.

Everything I've heard about the PCC-NA game is that PCC smacked NA initially and NA kept fighting back. The game winning TD was on a QB sneak where 5 kids missed tackles and the kid from NA went 20 yards for a TD. Great effort by him (Truman the QB)

Was very surprised PCC only scored 17 points - the whole change to the spread offense was supposed to be able to get athletes in space and help them score against the good teams.

Lebo was 5-0 last year, and as someone said, they played good teams down the stretch and sorta feel apart.

Huge win by Bethel Park - USC has a couple big linemen, but their skill players are average.

Penn Trafford is the real deal.

Top 5:
1. Woody
2. Penn-Trafford
3. PR
4. NA
5. PCC
6. McKeesport
7. Bethel Park
8. Plum
I'll put Pine Richland 1 but woodland hills does have the most talent.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT