ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Lights (ain't high school ball great)!

PA2CAMoleskinner

Sep 18, 2007
All -

I think everybody here knows I'm a dyed-in-the-wool 'Skins fan (hey - when the first words you utter, after "Mommy" and "Dadda", are "Schuh", "Stricker" and "Petercuskie" - and that's just before you dribble out "Van Buren", "Bednarik", "McDonald", Brown" et al. - what do you expect).

Anyway, here's a drone photograph of "Heartbreak Ridge" last Friday night (Homecoming against Souderton). And although that's Neshaminy's field ("my" field), I'm absolutely sure each of us twisted f***s on this Board has their own picture like this and of their team or field or maybe a play or some post-game celebration; a picture that gets the blood flowing and accelerates the heart just a bit as those great memories flood back in (after all, it's one fine game -- and maybe the best -- high school football, that is):

vz4hXPwHosuT1523lX9bcjJ7Z9Thb0LANWt-zUuoCofR5KPeZKqX7e8vBeXXatYhsO_VxjQOGWz7zL3g-HEEHDlOdPVYa1-3E_T1GVnxAvH7qbTk3e--tUZYTzG3lL4OG_xGO57R-SEx1UcjXvs6wo7R6Qxr7uxnIY7W_mG7Go2RBq5EwDf0cQH7QQxnMx2doDlpE5lJ--Yx4DbNiC0eWdllIhUiwWNqaobc6EHXF_0aJg=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
Reactions: Aragorn and sammyk
You two are funny (I know, what do you mean funny?) but seriously, that is truly a majestic HS football photo.

You two are funny (I know, what do you mean funny?) but seriously, that is truly a majestic HS football photo.
That is one great picture ! Would love to get a drone to take a picture of Pennridge's new field but you'd have to watch out as the Perkasie Wild people would probably shoot it out of the sky !

Moleskin,
That's priceless, Heartbreak Ridge at it's finest.

Saw a pic recently of the Neshaminy-Pennsbury game( I believe '72 ?), elevated shot but not that aerial at H.R. Both teams were powerhouses at the time, believe it drew ~8+K fans, classic!!

YesMan -

The overhead shot was taken during the 1971 Pennsbury game - and the crowd was estimated at 15,000 (the picture you mention is included just below and you can see the temporary bleachers in the end zone near the bottom while they used to have permanent bleachers on both sides of the concrete stands until they became a bit dilapidated).

That was a monster game too as the Falcons were 9-1 coming in (only loss was to Liberty, 6-0, in a rainstorm, while they were crushing everyone else). Neshaminy showed up sporting a 10-0 record and was heralded as the second coming; however, it looked a little dicey at first as the 'Skins fell behind 10-0. Fortunately, though, a wake up bell sounded just before halftime and the final score was 21-17 in favor of Langhorne (capping off a great 11-0-0 season).

71pennsb_sml.jpg

Last edited:
I attended that game as an 8 yr old. Back then, my father had season tickets for Neshaminy games. That '71 Neshaminy-Pennsbury game was the toughest ticket in town (obviously). Yes, my loyalties changed once we moved north to Newtown :D

I'm on my 4th drone, the other 3 left me. But hey, heck of a shot !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT