ADVERTISEMENT

Four states say they won't take Syrian refugees.

NJ is an ass, when he gets involved in threads I exit stage left. So full of himself and will be crying the blues for the next 8 years while Hilary runs the country. Disagree with Paul but at least he is not an ass.
Delco, you hit and run when you can't explain the vetting process. You put yourself into a bad position what you make statements that you can't back up. And it's you democrats who are still unhappy with life in general after having obama in "office" for the past 7 years. Things are going great for me and will continue to do so even if Hi-Larry is somehow elected by dumbed down electorate. However, I am sure you will still have the same bad attitude about life in general if she somehow gets eight years.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are talking about NJ ... my salary has gone up 30% under Obama after cut backs and layoffs under Bush. I just hope it's Sanders so universal healthcare can progress even more.

I hope it's Sanders too. That means the GOP wins the White House!! But that's not gonna happen. The big wigs of the Democratic party are not going to let Hillary lose the nomination. Also, Hillary is starting to come out with some concrete statements. She said of her ME plan that there needs to be "boots on the ground". I can't see how she can waffle from that statement but she is Hillary. I still could never vote for her (character issues). And before you jump on me for the GOPs character issues, all I want is someone to tell me exactly what they're going to do and do it!!

Last edited:
Not sure what you are talking about NJ ... my salary has gone up 30% under Obama after cut backs and layoffs under Bush. I just hope it's Sanders so universal healthcare can progress even more.
So, your salary went up under obama but not under Bush, and that has something to do with the performance of each of those two presidents? You really are in dreamland! I didn't know the president's performance had that much effect on your salary, but I learn something new every day!

But, as if that's not enough, you come back in the next sentence to "hope it's Sanders." If you haven't figured it out by now, he's not going to beat Hillary in the primary. The democratic party would never let that happen because they know that Bernie means it when he talks about what he would do, while Hillary is just saying it for political gain. Point being that Bernie's policies would harm the country.

Bernie's mental illness was on display during the most recent debate when he directly linked terrorism to global warming. As if the first two caliphates were due to global warming. Even most of the libs, with the exception of you and some 20-year-olds realized that this statement showed what a flawed candidate he is, even in the primary. Plus, he'd never win in a general election.

So, your salary went up under obama but not under Bush, and that has something to do with the performance of each of those two presidents?

Yes, that was in response to you telling us Libs how horrible our lives were under Obama. I begged to differ. Once again you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, that was in response to you telling us Libs how horrible our lives were under Obama. I begged to differ. Once again you don't know what you're talking about.
I sincerely doubt that there is anything concrete that you can list, where you have benefitted from Prez. Incapable. Unless he negotiated your 30% salary increase, please leave that item out. And it's really interesting that you didn't even reply to the rest of the post about Bernie Sanders. If you seriously think he has a chance to be president, you are even worse off than the original diagnosis showed. And I am still waiting for your description of the vetting and revetting processes for Syrian refugees. It was predictable that you wouldn't answer. Next, maybe you can act in desperation and post a link that describes the process in several hundred pages. Keep the entertainment coming!

Last edited:
My family has also benefit greatly from the Affordable Care Act. Sanders should help move that forward to improve upon it.
So, maybe you can tell us how you have benefitted from obamacare. Lay out the numbers, including any possible premium increases that you might (or might not!) be aware of. Then, you can maybe get around to explaining the vetting process for Syrian refugees. Keep the entertainment coming! Get off the sanders bandwagon; two of the wheels have already fallen off.

This is from a friend of friend that practices immigration law so he knows a hell of lot more then you... read it and weep..
Most of my friends know I practice Immigration law. As such, I have worked with the refugee community for over two decades. This post is long, but if you want actual information about the process, keep reading.

I can not tell you how frustrating it is to see the misinformation and outright lies that are being perpetuated about the refugee process and the Syrian refugees. So, here is a bit of information from the real world of someone who actually works and deals with this issue.

The refugee screening process is multi-layered and is very difficult to get through. Most people languish in temporary camps for months to years while their story is evaluated and checked.

First, you do not get to choose what country you might be resettled into. If you already have family (legal) in a country, that makes it more likely that you will go there to be with family, but other than that it is random. So, you can not simply walk into a refugee camp, show a document, and say, I want to go to America. Instead, the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees) works with the local authorities to try to take care of basic needs. Once the person/family is registered to receive basic necessities, they can be processed for resettlement. Many people are not interested in resettlement as they hope to return to their country and are hoping that the turmoil they fled will be resolved soon. In fact, most refugees in refugee events never resettle to a third country. Those that do want to resettle have to go through an extensive process.

Resettlement in the U.S. is a long process and takes many steps. The Refugee Admissions Program is jointly administered by the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) in the Department of State, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and offices within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within DHS conducts refugee interviews and determines individual eligibility for refugee status in the United States.

We evaluate refugees on a tiered system with three levels of priority.

First Priority are people who have suffered compelling persecution or for whom no other durable solution exists. These individuals are referred to the United States by UNHCR, or they are identified by the U.S. embassy or a non-governmental organization (NGO).

Second priority are groups of “special concern” to the United States. The Department of State determines these groups, with input from USCIS, UNHCR, and designated NGOs. At present, we prioritize certain persons from the former Soviet Union, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Iran, Burma, and Bhutan.

Third priority are relatives of refugees (parents, spouses, and unmarried children under 21) who are already settled in the United States may be admitted as refugees. The U.S.-based relative must file an Affidavit of Relationship (AOR) and must be processed by DHS.

Before being allowed to come to the United States, each refugee must undergo an extensive interviewing, screening, and security clearance process conducted by Regional Refugee Coordinators and overseas Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs). Individuals generally must not already be firmly resettled (a legal term of art that would be a separate article). Just because one falls into the three priorities above does not guarantee admission to the United States.

The Immigration laws require that the individuals prove that they have a “well-founded fear,” (another legal term which would be a book.) This fear must be proved regardless of the person’s country, circumstance, or classification in a priority category. There are multiple interviews and people are challenged on discrepancies. I had a client who was not telling the truth on her age and the agency challenged her on it. Refugees are not simply admitted because they have a well founded fear. They still must show that they are not subject to exclusion under Section 212(a) of the INA. These grounds include serious health matters, moral or criminal matters, as well as security issues. In addition, they can be excluded for such things as polygamy, misrepresentation of facts on visa applications, smuggling, or previous deportations. Under some circumstances, the person may be eligible to have the ground waived.

At this point, a refugee can be conditionally accepted for resettlement. Then, the RSC sends a request for assurance of placement to the United States, and the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) works with private voluntary agencies (VOLAG) to determine where the refugee will live. If the refugee does have family in the U.S., efforts will be made to resettle close to that family.

Every person accepted as a refugee for planned admission to the United States is conditional upon passing a medical examination and passing all security checks. Frankly, there is more screening of refugees than ever happens to get on an airplane. Of course, yes, no system can be 100% foolproof. But if that is your standard, then you better shut down the entire airline industry, close the borders, and stop all international commerce and shipping. Every one of those has been the source of entry of people and are much easier ways to gain access to the U.S. Only upon passing all of these checks (which involve basically every agency of the government involved in terrorist identification) can the person actually be approved to travel.

Before departing, refugees sign a promissory note to repay the United States for their travel costs. This travel loan is an interest-free loan that refugees begin to pay back six months after arriving in the country.

Once the VOLAG is notified of the travel plans, it must arrange for the reception of refugees at the airport and transportation to their housing at their final destination.
This process from start to finish averages 18 to 24 months, but I have seen it take years.

The reality is that about half of the refugees are children, another quarter are elderly. Almost all of the adults are either moms or couples coming with children. Each year the President, in consultation with Congress, determines the numerical ceiling for refugee admissions. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, the proposed ceiling is 85,000. We have been averaging about 70,000 a year for the last number of years. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)

Over one-third of all refugee arrivals (35.1 percent, or 24,579) in FY 2015 came from the Near East/South Asia—a region that includes Iraq, Iran, Bhutan, and Afghanistan.
Another third of all refugee arrivals (32.1 percent, or 22,472) in FY 2015 came from Africa.
Over a quarter of all refugee arrivals (26.4 percent, or 18,469) in FY 2015 came from East Asia — a region that includes China, Vietnam, and Indonesia. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)

Finally, the process in Europe is different. I would be much more concerned that terrorists are infiltrating the European system because they are not nearly so extensive and thorough in their process.

This is from a friend of friend that practices immigration law so he knows a hell of lot more then you... read it and weep..
Most of my friends know I practice Immigration law. As such, I have worked with the refugee community for over two decades. This post is long, but if you want actual information about the process, keep reading.

I can not tell you how frustrating it is to see the misinformation and outright lies that are being perpetuated about the refugee process and the Syrian refugees. So, here is a bit of information from the real world of someone who actually works and deals with this issue.

The refugee screening process is multi-layered and is very difficult to get through. Most people languish in temporary camps for months to years while their story is evaluated and checked.

First, you do not get to choose what country you might be resettled into. If you already have family (legal) in a country, that makes it more likely that you will go there to be with family, but other than that it is random. So, you can not simply walk into a refugee camp, show a document, and say, I want to go to America. Instead, the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees) works with the local authorities to try to take care of basic needs. Once the person/family is registered to receive basic necessities, they can be processed for resettlement. Many people are not interested in resettlement as they hope to return to their country and are hoping that the turmoil they fled will be resolved soon. In fact, most refugees in refugee events never resettle to a third country. Those that do want to resettle have to go through an extensive process.

Resettlement in the U.S. is a long process and takes many steps. The Refugee Admissions Program is jointly administered by the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) in the Department of State, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and offices within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within DHS conducts refugee interviews and determines individual eligibility for refugee status in the United States.

We evaluate refugees on a tiered system with three levels of priority.

First Priority are people who have suffered compelling persecution or for whom no other durable solution exists. These individuals are referred to the United States by UNHCR, or they are identified by the U.S. embassy or a non-governmental organization (NGO).

Second priority are groups of “special concern” to the United States. The Department of State determines these groups, with input from USCIS, UNHCR, and designated NGOs. At present, we prioritize certain persons from the former Soviet Union, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Iran, Burma, and Bhutan.

Third priority are relatives of refugees (parents, spouses, and unmarried children under 21) who are already settled in the United States may be admitted as refugees. The U.S.-based relative must file an Affidavit of Relationship (AOR) and must be processed by DHS.

Before being allowed to come to the United States, each refugee must undergo an extensive interviewing, screening, and security clearance process conducted by Regional Refugee Coordinators and overseas Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs). Individuals generally must not already be firmly resettled (a legal term of art that would be a separate article). Just because one falls into the three priorities above does not guarantee admission to the United States.

The Immigration laws require that the individuals prove that they have a “well-founded fear,” (another legal term which would be a book.) This fear must be proved regardless of the person’s country, circumstance, or classification in a priority category. There are multiple interviews and people are challenged on discrepancies. I had a client who was not telling the truth on her age and the agency challenged her on it. Refugees are not simply admitted because they have a well founded fear. They still must show that they are not subject to exclusion under Section 212(a) of the INA. These grounds include serious health matters, moral or criminal matters, as well as security issues. In addition, they can be excluded for such things as polygamy, misrepresentation of facts on visa applications, smuggling, or previous deportations. Under some circumstances, the person may be eligible to have the ground waived.

At this point, a refugee can be conditionally accepted for resettlement. Then, the RSC sends a request for assurance of placement to the United States, and the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) works with private voluntary agencies (VOLAG) to determine where the refugee will live. If the refugee does have family in the U.S., efforts will be made to resettle close to that family.

Every person accepted as a refugee for planned admission to the United States is conditional upon passing a medical examination and passing all security checks. Frankly, there is more screening of refugees than ever happens to get on an airplane. Of course, yes, no system can be 100% foolproof. But if that is your standard, then you better shut down the entire airline industry, close the borders, and stop all international commerce and shipping. Every one of those has been the source of entry of people and are much easier ways to gain access to the U.S. Only upon passing all of these checks (which involve basically every agency of the government involved in terrorist identification) can the person actually be approved to travel.

Before departing, refugees sign a promissory note to repay the United States for their travel costs. This travel loan is an interest-free loan that refugees begin to pay back six months after arriving in the country.

Once the VOLAG is notified of the travel plans, it must arrange for the reception of refugees at the airport and transportation to their housing at their final destination.
This process from start to finish averages 18 to 24 months, but I have seen it take years.

The reality is that about half of the refugees are children, another quarter are elderly. Almost all of the adults are either moms or couples coming with children. Each year the President, in consultation with Congress, determines the numerical ceiling for refugee admissions. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, the proposed ceiling is 85,000. We have been averaging about 70,000 a year for the last number of years. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)

Over one-third of all refugee arrivals (35.1 percent, or 24,579) in FY 2015 came from the Near East/South Asia—a region that includes Iraq, Iran, Bhutan, and Afghanistan.
Another third of all refugee arrivals (32.1 percent, or 22,472) in FY 2015 came from Africa.
Over a quarter of all refugee arrivals (26.4 percent, or 18,469) in FY 2015 came from East Asia — a region that includes China, Vietnam, and Indonesia. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)

Finally, the process in Europe is different. I would be much more concerned that terrorists are infiltrating the European system because they are not nearly so extensive and thorough in their process.
It's not from a friend of a friend; it's another cut and past that only you liberals are capable of. What a joke.

No, it was posted on a friends wall from this gentleman. It was cut and pasted from the FB wall because that is how you share information genius!!! Now read it and realize you are clueless on most things and when experts on the subject prove you are clueless you have no response to facts just derision. What I figured all along.... just don't like wasting time on people like you.

Now don't go off on me Delco but how can you explain the FBI director's response to questions when he says the US is not prepare or ready for this? I would have to go with the FBI director rather than the FB wall.

So, maybe you can tell us how you have benefitted from obamacare. Lay out the numbers, including any possible premium increases that you might (or might not!) be aware of. Then, you can maybe get around to explaining the vetting process for Syrian refugees. Keep the entertainment coming! Get off the sanders bandwagon; two of the wheels have already fallen off.

Pre-existing conditions gone. Lifetime maximum coverage gone. Children staying on the parents policy until they are 26. Secondary insurance coverage. Just to name a few. Many people out there have many more things to worry about then if their premiums went up or down a few bucks. Many used to worry about not being able to have or continue coverage because they were too sick. The ACA (a republican started and supported idea until the black guy implemented it) is a great step in the right direction towards American catching up with the rest of the civilized countries.

Boom ... drops mic.

No, it was posted on a friends wall from this gentleman. It was cut and pasted from the FB wall because that is how you share information genius!!! Now read it and realize you are clueless on most things and when experts on the subject prove you are clueless you have no response to facts just derision. What I figured all along.... just don't like wasting time on people like you.
You are so full of it, it's coming out your ears. Do you try to get away with this stuff in real life? Again, did you ever stop to think why so many of the refugees are men in their 20's and 30's? Where are the women and the families? Are you aware that 15% of the refugees are ok with ISIL? That means that if 10,000 "refugees" are allowed into the USA, 1,500 are ok with ISIL. I guess they would join you in that stance, so you are probably wondering what the point is. I am sure that you are unaware of all of the terrorist acts that have been committed by past refugees, including the Boston Marathon bombers. Jeff Sessions put up a list on his website last week; it went on and on and on. I guess you also are unaware of all of the experts who have testified that it is going to be virtually impossible to do background checks on the "refugees" because the information just isn't available from Syria. As Ben Carson said, it would be malpractice by terrorist groups to not infiltrate the refugees with terrorists. One more thing genius, how does one prove fear (as stated by your friend of a friend or your bail bondsman)?

Pre-existing conditions gone. Lifetime maximum coverage gone. Children staying on the parents policy until they are 26. Secondary insurance coverage. Just to name a few. Many people out there have many more things to worry about then if their premiums went up or down a few bucks. Many used to worry about not being able to have or continue coverage because they were too sick. The ACA (a republican started and supported idea until the black guy implemented it) is a great step in the right direction towards American catching up with the rest of the civilized countries.

Boom ... drops mic.
Numbers please? Still waiting. How have YOU benefitted? Give us some insight into your premiums, such as your first-year premium, then your second-year premium and also your deductible in year one, year two, etc. You can't do it and you won't do it. Guaranteed.

NJ fan you didn't read a word of my post you just quote. It's not about premiums for me and many like me. I haven't noticed a change in mine, but I'm sure there has been. It's about all the other pluses I just post you dope. Much more important stuff like having the opportunity to even pay premiums. And my deductibles for some in my family have gone away now that we have a secondary insurance thanks to the ACA.

It's not a FB wall, it is an immigration lawyer that deals with these issues on a daily basis. The FBI director was asked a question he answered it. If you don' think refugees that come here aren't going to scrutinized I want what you're smoking.

It's not a FB wall, it is an immigration lawyer that deals with these issues on a daily basis. The FBI director was asked a question he answered it. If you don' think refugees that come here aren't going to scrutinized I want what you're smoking.

I'm sure they'll be scrutinized. My only concern is how much. Just err on the side of caution! Nah, I'm holding on to what I have. Stuff is too good to share!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Last edited:
NJ fan you didn't read a word of my post you just quote. It's not about premiums for me and many like me. I haven't noticed a change in mine, but I'm sure there has been. It's about all the other pluses I just post you dope. Much more important stuff like having the opportunity to even pay premiums. And my deductibles for some in my family have gone away now that we have a secondary insurance thanks to the ACA.
You say that you haven't noticed a change in your healthcare. That just shows you don't really know what is going on. You're apparently ignorant of the numbers and that says a lot. obamacare is going to be a disaster long-term, but you will never admit it, or maybe you just won't be aware of it! Let's hear your specific numbers. Why can't you disclose them? It's an anonymous message board, for crying out loud. Also, I find it interesting that you call me a dope, but in the same post state that "I haven't noticed a change in mine, but I'm sure there has been." Funny.

NJ.... do us all a favor and read. I haven't noticed any premium changes, but in my experience I've never seen premiums go down on ANY of my insurances. Even car insurance where the car depreciates. I don't know what my gross paycheck is either. I know the net though!

The ACA changes for me and many like me are not about premiums.

You're like the Trump supporters that complain about low wages and the export of American trade and then goes and shops at Walmart strictly for the low prices.

Last edited:
NJ.... do us all a favor and read. I haven't noticed any premium changes, but in my experience I've never seen premiums go down on ANY of my insurances. Even car insurance where the car depreciates.

The ACA changes for me and many like me are not about premiums.

You're like the Trump supporters that complain about low wages and the export of American trade and then goes and shops at Walmart strictly for the low prices.
You said it yourself: "I haven't noticed a change in mine, but I am sure there has been." And don't compare someone you don't know to Trump. The business that I do employs many people in manufacturing jobs right here in the United States. Having said that, it is a global economy and it's up to people to adjust. I suspect you haven't done so, but tell me if I am wrong. And I don't shop at WalMart. Keep the entertainment coming. You are great for this board in ways that you don't even realize!

So you think if my premiums go up its because of the ACA? What was the explaination the 25 years before that? We have a benefits meeting today. I'll let you know the outcome.

And I didn't compare you to Trump...why would I? Read and read again.

So you think if my premiums go up its because of the ACA? What was the explaination the 25 years before that? We have a benefits meeting today. I'll let you know the outcome.

And I didn't compare you to Trump...why would I? Read and read again.
You never learn. Government has been involved in healthcare for decades, so there were always laws in place (not being able to cross state lines, which limited access to competitive plans) that caused premiums to go up more than they should have gone up. It's a lot more of a heavy hand with obamacare. Liberal policies just don't work. Period. Whether it's immigration, the economy with artificially low interest rates for obama's entire term, healthcare, taxes, etc.

You take the simplistic approach and pretend that all premium increases are the same. There's a difference between an obamacare premium increase of 40% and a 3% increase in normal times. I will look forward to your honest update on the benefits meeting!!!

I believe we got hit with a 5% increase. I can live with that since we are no longer forking out a $4,000 deductible due to picking up a secondary insurance thanks to the ACA.

I believe we got hit with a 5% increase. I can live with that since we are no longer forking out a $4,000 deductible due to picking up a secondary insurance thanks to the ACA.
Your answer about a $4,000 deductible is emblematic of the problem with obamacare. If it were so good, why would you need to buy secondary insurance? And what is the premium on the secondary insurance? Furthermore, what happens if/when healthcare gets to its ultimate goal, a near-100% takeover of the system; would that secondary insurance policy even be available to you? This question is largely theoretical, as it is likely that obamacare will be overhauled or drastically amended so that it is not such a huge drain on the middle class. It was often said that it was a great wealth transfer, and that is certainly turning out to be true.

Any answer reluctant? Or is this another example of liberals bowing out of the argument when facts come into the equation? Even you must realize that obamacare is a wealth transfer and is really hurting the middle class. Once one gets away from the idea of liberalism as a religion, it becomes easier to objectively assess it, at which point it fails miserably.

Two plus months later and no reply from the reluctant liberal. I guess he/she ran out of excuses for obamacare. You know it's bad when you have to "pick up" secondary insurance to supposedly eliminate the $4,000 deductible. And just wait until the full obamacare plan is rolled out. What a legacy President Incapable is going to have.

Two plus months later and no reply from the reluctant liberal. I guess he/she ran out of excuses for obamacare. You know it's bad when you have to "pick up" secondary insurance to supposedly eliminate the $4,000 deductible. And just wait until the full obamacare plan is rolled out. What a legacy President Incapable is going to have.
Almost thee months later and never an answer from reluctant on the obamacare mess. Is the lack of an answer telling us all we need to know about "O's" #1 accomplishment, obamacare? When even the supporters of "O" are speechless, you know it's pretty bad! Can gingy or delco football step in here and give the poor guy some support and words of wisdom!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT