ADVERTISEMENT

Football HC

Another article today regarding the West Catholic Coach and the Philadelphia All Star Game. It’s ashame that these kids and families weren’t given the scholarship money. I hope they are still able to play the game this year. Has anyone heard if it will continue?

Another article today regarding the West Catholic Coach and the Philadelphia All Star Game. It’s ashame that these kids and families weren’t given the scholarship money. I hope they are still able to play the game this year. Has anyone heard if it will continue?
Any non-profit / youth or high school club bank account should require two signatures and have a treasurer overseeing the funds, it just makes it harder to abuse.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Upper Darby posted their HFC position. Start date listed as December 2019. They going to hire this soon?

Buddy of mine with kid at Council Rock North said HC quit a month ago and still looking for replacement. Anybody hear about this?

Buddy of mine with kid at Council Rock North said HC quit a month ago and still looking for replacement. Anybody hear about this?

I know McHugh did quit. North has not really posted the job on sites like easternoafootball. Makes me think they have someone internal or on staff. Syzdlik, the UM head coach, used to be the defensive coordinator there so maybe he goes back. Doubt Collachi goes back. North had really fallen apart. What did they average one win per year in the McHugh era. Whoever is the next coach has a uphill battle ahead.

CR-North has really struggled. What is the issue? No kids? Lack of administrative support (I know a lot of people complain about the AD)?

When was CR North really good though? They had one undefeated regular season, Ortman’s last, then lost in first round of playoffs (first year district 1 expanded the playoffs to 16 teams, and CR North lost as the 1 seed to 16 Abington). They had 2 division 1 players for Coates and were 6-4( I think that record is correct...Relayer??) Collachi was 1-9 his first year and they only had success with an elite QB. He moved on and CR North hasn’t had a winning season since. I don’t believe the school has any state playoff wins. Also the AD who everyone disliked is no longer the AD.

That’s fair Bucks. I would say they seemed to be competent, or competitive, in the past. These past few years, since the QB graduated, have been miserable.

Rock was good then (1 school). Abington was real good as well. I’m confident both these teams easily win Suburban One the last couple years. That’s how much I think it’s fallen. That includes North Penn. I can’t think of a time where theses powers struggled as much: North Penn, Neshaminy, Pennsbury, Rocks don’t look anywhere close to a few years back. With Coatsville getting more complete this doesn’t bode well for Suburban One.

Rock was good then (1 school). Abington was real good as well. I’m confident both these teams easily win Suburban One the last couple years. That’s how much I think it’s fallen. That includes North Penn. I can’t think of a time where theses powers struggled as much: North Penn, Neshaminy, Pennsbury, Rocks don’t look anywhere close to a few years back. With Coatsville getting more complete this doesn’t bode well for Suburban One.
Agree... I have conversations about the league and how weak it is at this point all time. I think it’s always tough when the school break into two or in the cases of CB East, South , West 3 schools.

Colonial League hires:

Saucon Valley hires running backs coach Brad Trembler to replace Phil Sams. Saucon made the state final 4 in 3A in 2015 and is 50-16 since 2013. Saucon won Colonial League titles in 2014, 2015, and 2017. Saucon has lost to Bethlehem Catholic in the last three D11 4A title games after beating the Golden Hawks in 2015.

Bangor hired longtime Pen Argyl boss Paul Reduzzi to flip sides of the rivalry. Reduzzi was the head coach at Pen Argyl from 2007-2017 and won a pair of D11 titles. He's also been the head coach at Hoptacong and Belvidere in New Jersey, and has 141 career wins as a head coach.

Soup, on paper North Penn and Neshaminy have great records the last few, in reality they are very average and below compared just a few years prior. Beck does a great job with what he has and doing more things to mask their weaknesses. North Penn and Neshaminy are just not at their historic levels on blocking, running, tackling and overall completeness. They pass and show more but it’s obvious they’re down. Both squads have been getting blown out in playoffs after running through Suburban 1 without a loss or maybe 1. The Rocks and Pennsbury look way off and Pennridge was a big disappointment last year. Who can even mention the Bucks teams...they’re not even competitive with down NPenn or Neshaminy. I was hoping a surging Truman team would fill the void, now they have new coaches. Can Schmidt get HHorsham to be relevant- I hope so. Maybe they wake up the others.

Soup, on paper North Penn and Neshaminy have great records the last few, in reality they are very average and below compared just a few years prior. Beck does a great job with what he has and doing more things to mask their weaknesses. North Penn and Neshaminy are just not at their historic levels on blocking, running, tackling and overall completeness. They pass and show more but it’s obvious they’re down. Both squads have been getting blown out in playoffs after running through Suburban 1 without a loss or maybe 1. The Rocks and Pennsbury look way off and Pennridge was a big disappointment last year. Who can even mention the Bucks teams...they’re not even competitive with down NPenn or Neshaminy. I was hoping a surging Truman team would fill the void, now they have new coaches. Can Schmidt get HHorsham to be relevant- I hope so. Maybe they wake up the others.

SOLFB - Accurate assessment all the way around. Mark will have a true up hill battle at H-H not sure anyone can do it....

HH has limited enrollment, but they are in the softer league so Schmidt and company have a better shot at success than the recent Truman crew had. I bet they turn it around in 1 or 2 and compete for leagues thereafter. Schmidt needs to soften a bit on the antics and he’ll do fine. The true test for a coach is to go into a place that doesn’t have much success and or support and turn it around. As great of a job as he did at Neshaminy, he wasn’t exactly walking into a HH tradition. It would be cool to see Beck do something like this as well, at say Bucks West.

Early Favorites in Suburban 1. Usual ones?

HH has limited enrollment, but they are in the softer league so Schmidt and company have a better shot at success than the recent Truman crew had. I bet they turn it around in 1 or 2 and compete for leagues thereafter. Schmidt needs to soften a bit on the antics and he’ll do fine. The true test for a coach is to go into a place that doesn’t have much success and or support and turn it around. As great of a job as he did at Neshaminy, he wasn’t exactly walking into a HH tradition. It would be cool to see Beck do something like this as well, at say Bucks West.

Early Favorites in Suburban 1. Usual ones?
Solfbfan- Maybe, A lot of top kids from HH in years past enroll in LS also district lines go into UM district. When at Nesh there was much speculation he had kids from Bensalem and other places, maybe he can do that in HH. I don't care either way just throwing it out there. With or with out those kids the skins had and have much talent. I think he and beck have calmed down over the years and kids need discipline anyway. Beck has a great gig at the school as head of security and much talent every year. He will not leave unless asked. Beck can pretty much sleep walk through the league. Look his SOL record up , its ridiculous. Play off have been different... a lot of bad losses over the years when loaded... my two cents

Totally agree on all points. Could be interesting. I know Beck has unbelievable SOL record but I think it happens you get blown out in the playoffs when you’re coaching up and your league is weak. North Penn has had some excellent teams over the years and some just average that are not challenged in the league. Playoff expectations are not realistic. 2012 is the only year where I think another good team in that league challenged. What happened to Ridge that year is a mystery to me. Last year was a good example of an average squad being coached-up and just getting clobbered in the final. The same would of happened to Neshaminy, but at least they were challenged in league. The better setup is in the National where Neshaminy and Pennsbury battle and if a team is down it’s obvious and are not playoff bound. Last year’s Pennsbury team should not of played post season - it showed in the drubbing they received by Garnet and not even their better squads.

Totally agree on all points. Could be interesting. I know Beck has unbelievable SOL record but I think it happens you get blown out in the playoffs when you’re coaching up and your league is weak. North Penn has had some excellent teams over the years and some just average that are not challenged in the league. Playoff expectations are not realistic. 2012 is the only year where I think another good team in that league challenged. What happened to Ridge that year is a mystery to me. Last year was a good example of an average squad being coached-up and just getting clobbered in the final. The same would of happened to Neshaminy, but at least they were challenged in league. The better setup is in the National where Neshaminy and Pennsbury battle and if a team is down it’s obvious and are not playoff bound. Last year’s Pennsbury team should not of played post season - it showed in the drubbing they received by Garnet and not even their better squads.

Again agree ... 2012 Beck used 2 qbs and then went to 1 against pennridge and the senior qb threw 3 interceptions or they would have won pretty easily. They lost to CB south after being up a good bit at half.let up 300 years passing as they fell apart. Neck took the foot off the gas. They were 6-4 that year NP had some close calls over the years when Taggert had 5 tds to come back against soderton and same two years ago against soderton. National is def stronger. Nesh really only challenger for NP year in and out, they stopped playing wood and SjP so they get 2 more wins a year but still can’t get over the playoff hump. This years league was the worst I have seen in a long time.

Heard Great Valley is moving fast, but haven't heard any names. Anyone know what Ellis has planned?

I still think the year beck had kevin atkins deanco oliver, adam herns and pete stoll (typos i’m sure) was their best team and probably always will be.

Reactions: Soup13
2003 NPenn State Champs were loaded. Fun to watch and ahead of the curve with an athletic QB that could do everything and physical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT