ADVERTISEMENT

Football HC

Right on Shoe. I saw a game late in the year and I believe it was even less than 30. It won’t be an easy turnaround.

I saw HH play a game this year and I counted 30 players dressed. Even with a good staff not easy to win unless they can get more kids out.
I agree , but I strongly believe a good staff will be one reason more students will participate and begin a winning program. We will see.

Soup, I saw on another board someone saying that the Elizabeth Forward HC was the favorite for the Lebo job. Jeff Donati. Didn't know anything about him but looks like a young south hills guys that did a real nice job at EF.

Soup, I saw on another board someone saying that the Elizabeth Forward HC was the favorite for the Lebo job. Jeff Donati. Didn't know anything about him but looks like a young south hills guys that did a real nice job at EF.
New- He is in the mix for sure, was on staff with Melnyk and Herring. 9th grade HC this year at Lebo. He also is the lebo varsity assistant baseball coach, was at bethel and usc, do not think he ever wash at EF. Has no head coaching exp. and a parent favorite, that is a slippery slope. I’m not sure that is good. I met him and he is a good guy. I really think it would be a mistake. Big program needs the right man with a strong staff. not the easy fill or popular guy. I’ll know more this morning ...

Last edited:
Reactions: new2pa
From everything I have heard McArdle leaving Ryan sounded somewhat mutual. McArdle applied to Judge before he was let go at Ryan. I believe Ryan wasn't happy with the overall numbers of the program. Ryan has a couple of good candidates that have interviewed.

fj78 mcardle leaving wasnt mutual,and we will see about the ryan hire from what ive heard its alot of guys with not much head coaching time under their belts

From what I understand McArdle applied for the Judge job before being out at Ryan.

Soup, any more from Lebo? Palko momentum picking up on the Internet.

Wrong as usual

Like I have said before, if I am posting it, I believe who I heard it from.

And I will always trust them a hell of a lot more than I trust the people on this board.

Btw Judge job was posted Dec 5th or 6th. Frank was let go in January.

Last edited:
I realize its a small, struggling program, but it was mentioned on this thread.... i hear the Penncrest job has turned into a nightmare!

fj78 mcardle leaving wasnt mutual,and we will see about the ryan hire from what ive heard its alot of guys with not much head coaching time under their belts
Hopefully everyone lands where they belong and the kids have a good experience.

Reactions: FJ78
Soup, any more from Lebo? Palko momentum picking up on the Internet.
New- I read that too... I honestly don’t know at this point. Palko if he wants it but still not convinced he is interested, Donati in play but he is not the guy they need, PR OL coach is mix, a guy from QV, then the guy who is is a local college coach who has been around the block. Should hear by Monday. I believe PR OL coach is best bet and know a guy or two who would be on his staff. I have heard zero on bethel which is just as big as a fill in SH....

Reactions: new2pa
I realize its a small, struggling program, but it was mentioned on this thread.... i hear the Penncrest job has turned into a nightmare!

Yes - I also heard that it went about as bad as it could have. Although some people I was talking to about a month ago predicted this outcome.

New- I read that too... I honestly don’t know at this point. Palko if he wants it but still not convinced he is interested, Donati in play but he is not the guy they need, PR OL coach is mix, a guy from QV, then the guy who is is a local college coach who has been around the block. Should hear by Monday. I believe PR OL coach is best bet and know a guy or two who would be on his staff. I have heard zero on bethel which is just as big as a fill in SH....

Thanks Soup. Nothing being heard up my way.

Yes - I also heard that it went about as bad as it could have. Although some people I was talking to about a month ago predicted this outcome.

Heard rumor that a very successful Delco HC was offered and job and accepted it before backing out a few days later.

Heard rumor that a very successful Delco HC was offered and job and accepted it before backing out a few days later.

This is true. Although when people realized that this coach interviewed and was the front runner, no one could see a reason why he would leave his current position for Penncrest. And he also must have come to his senses.

This is true. Although when people realized that this coach interviewed and was the front runner, no one could see a reason why he would leave his current position for Penncrest. And he also must have come to his senses.

I was shocked as well as I do not think the move would have made much sense.

Reactions: D1sideline
Had to do with current conditions/ support (lack of) at his current school... also possibly a bump in $ as one approaches retirement. Honestly there are probably 4-5 central games per year that are winnable and that gets you in 5A playoffs. Initially surprising, but those reasons above make some sense.

Who was the coach? I am not from that area so I am not close to the situation.
Lennox but i
Had to do with current conditions/ support (lack of) at his current school... also possibly a bump in $ as one approaches retirement. Honestly there are probably 4-5 central games per year that are winnable and that gets you in 5A playoffs. Initially surprising, but those reasons above make some sense.
That program is a few years away from going .500 having only 1 non league game makes it difficult. LM, Harriton and Stoga are all at same level as Penncrest, but LM seen improvement last season while Stoga should continue to grow. Haven is consistent but numbers down they still blew out penncrest in last two meetings.. Interesting to compare the progress between Penncrest and stoga..... would be nice to see LM stay as competitive as last season

I don't think he ever actually accepted the position. Problem they have now at Penncrest is the parents are running the program and hiring the next coach . They (AD, Principal and super) told a guy he had the job, a guy that was on staff the parents wanted a big name so the administration entertained them and hand picked a couple of names to interview, leaving this guy hanging.

Here are the ones I know of...
Ryan - not sure reason
Judge - not sure reason (lack of competitiveness?)
Roman - HC stepped down
Truman - HC stepped down
Hatboro Horsham - seemed to be a lack of numbers/competitiveness?

I am not sure who will take over at any of these programs.
Any word on Truman? I heard the LM guy may be in running?

I was shocked as well as I do not think the move would have made much sense.
Smith (Chi) and the DC from Episcopal the new names on the list unless they go with the former staff member, who was told it was his. Seems like interim super is being played.

Lennox has put feelers out for a few jobs over the years, so this does not surprise me. Similar to Ridley, the demographics of Interboro have changed drastically over the past 5 years and they will continue to struggle to put out high quality teams as before. Significant dip in numbers too, so I think he may see the writing on the wall. Only question is I believe he is already retired from teaching at Interboro, so any move is football only.

Reactions: D1sideline
Lennox has put feelers out for a few jobs over the years, so this does not surprise me. Similar to Ridley, the demographics of Interboro have changed drastically over the past 5 years and they will continue to struggle to put out high quality teams as before. Significant dip in numbers too, so I think he may see the writing on the wall. Only question is I believe he is already retired from teaching at Interboro, so any move is football only.

Lennox is still currently teaching full time at Interboro. If he was making the move to PC I'm sure the teaching salary and amount of classes he was going to be responsible for teaching was a talking point.

Cheers,

Busch

Lennox is still currently teaching full time at Interboro. If he was making the move to PC I'm sure the teaching salary and amount of classes he was going to be responsible for teaching was a talking point.

Cheers,

Busch
Best decision he ever made was turning that job down at this point in his career. Next guy in there is doomed because parents are running the show, just when a program thought they hit rock bottom . I would imagine they are desperate because if I were the guy they verbally committed to I would RUN the opposite way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT