ADVERTISEMENT

Football HC

Here are the ones I know of...
Ryan - not sure reason
Judge - not sure reason (lack of competitiveness?)
Roman - HC stepped down
Truman - HC stepped down
Hatboro Horsham - seemed to be a lack of numbers/competitiveness?

I am not sure who will take over at any of these programs.

Out this way Mt Lebanon and Upper St Clair are both open. Lebo was a force out / no support kind of deal and USC was Renders retirement.

Whitehall is hiring former Penn State quarterback Matt Senneca as their head coach. Matt was the QB for Allentown Central Catholic on the 1998 3A state champs. He was the offensive coordinator at Liberty when they won the 4A championship in 2008. Most recently, he was the offensive coordinator at Emmaus.

Reactions: lilromeo
Hearing mark Schmidt applying for HH and Sanderson. Truman coaches bailed... Sanderson boys no? Hmmm

What happened at Truman causing the staff to step down? They had a heck of a year.

If that news about Schmidt is true, that is surprising. I’d love to see him back on the sideline though!

Out this way Mt Lebanon and Upper St Clair are both open. Lebo was a force out / no support kind of deal and USC was Renders retirement.
New - Melynk won 5 games in 7 years vs teams with winning records. Tons of talent in Mt. Lebo... lack of support my ass. He turned over staff every year, kids did not want to play for him, that's on him. USC will be Mt. Lebo's old OC Junko who is a great teacher and coach. Heard Lebo talked to a couple of your squads coordinators? true?

Reactions: new2pa
I think Palisades is open too

Ramie Moussa is the new head coach at Palisades after Kevin Ronalds' retirement. Moussa was the offensive line coach at Whitehall, under both Tony Trisciani and Brian Gilbert. Gilbert left Whitehall last season to become the Athletic Director at Palisades.

Soup, I had not heard that. P-R DC is Coach K so I doubt he would leave. OC is a young kid. So that's definitely a possibility if he wants to move up.

Soup, I had not heard that. P-R DC is Coach K so I doubt he would leave. OC is a young kid. So that's definitely a possibility if he wants to move up.

New- Ha ha ... Coach K is def. not an option!! I'm not sure who, my buddy coached with the one guy back in the day. Its a big job and if done right could make things interesting...

Maybe the OL Coach ot the LBcoach. But they both live up north. Not an ideal situation for summer workouts, etc.

Whitehall is hiring former Penn State quarterback Matt Senneca as their head coach. Matt was the QB for Allentown Central Catholic on the 1998 3A state champs. He was the offensive coordinator at Liberty when they won the 4A championship in 2008. Most recently, he was the offensive coordinator at Emmaus.

Rover I think Tim Macgory was the QB on the 98 state title team. He was the OC for 2010 ACC state title team, former OC at Moravian, and current WR Coach at Lehigh University. I did hear that Whitehall was hiring Matt Senneca, he was not the OC on the Liberty State Title team. Bill DeNofa was.

Maybe the OL Coach ot the LBcoach. But they both live up north. Not an ideal situation for summer workouts, etc.

You are right, not ideal period unless they would be in the building as a teacher, maybe relo.... also, heard Palko being thrown around and I say zero chance there.

Rover I think Tim Macgory was the QB on the 98 state title team. He was the OC for 2010 ACC state title team, former OC at Moravian, and current WR Coach at Lehigh University. I did hear that Whitehall was hiring Matt Senneca, he was not the OC on the Liberty State Title team. Bill DeNofa was.

You are right- Senneca was class of ‘98 from ACC, so his last football season was ‘97. Misremembered on my part. Wild they didn’t win in the ‘94-‘97 stretch, but win in 1998.

He was the QB coach at Liberty, wasn’t he? I assumed he called plays too - looks like he didn't take over the offense until 2009. I was positive he was on those staffs.

Last edited:
New- It was the OL coach, heard he did very well. Also, I did not know Coach K still teaches at NH. PR needs to get him in a classroom in the building!

According to Easternpafootball.com, Mark Schmidt will be named Head Coach of Hatboro-Horsham pending board approval tomorrow.

Reactions: Aragorn
Sounds like several of his former assistants at Neshaminy along with Brett Gordon are headed there with him. Should be interesting.

Coach Metheny at Bethel Park resigned today. That makes 4 coaches from quality south hills high school programs that have resigned/retired/fired this offseason - Palko, Render, Melnyk, and Metheny.

Soup, any more work on the PR to Lebo connection?

Coach Metheny at Bethel Park resigned today. That makes 4 coaches from quality south hills high school programs that have resigned/retired/fired this offseason - Palko, Render, Melnyk, and Metheny.

Soup, any more work on the PR to Lebo connection?

New - I heard that, great coach and surprised at the timing. Junko took over USC and common knowledge Kim N. at West A. so now Lebo and BP.. Nothing new with the PR OL guy other than he did well for sure. I just heard a HUGE name come back up in the mix at Lebo but need to follow up. I'll get back on this as I hear.

I would doubt that Brett Gordon is going to HH from LaSalle. Is this a full time coordinator position or just helping out during summer camp?

Last edited:
Soup - HUGE == Palko. :)

Can't wait to hear more.
New - I think you mentioned Palko before and I said no chance.... well I was wrong. I heard he is in play like you mentioned x 2. I know him and the AD go back but I still find it hard to believe he would go back to HS. He stated he parents and BS took its toll...

Maybe Palko wants a chance at the highest level, or felt that the recruiting part of college coaching was too much. Many people have said that Mt. Lebanon is a sleeping giant that just needs the right person to take over.

That will be interesting to see who they decide upon.

Reactions: Soup13
JS

Correct BG not at lasalle again last season, which Neshaminy assistants will follow Mark to HH?

Relayer

See JS's post, that is what I'm asking.

OK, that makes sense. With H-H being in the weaker SOL American, I could see them having success if it happens. Beat Quakertown and Upper Dublin and you will go undefeated in the league

Maybe Palko wants a chance at the highest level, or felt that the recruiting part of college coaching was too much. Many people have said that Mt. Lebanon is a sleeping giant that just needs the right person to take over.

That will be interesting to see who they decide upon.
New- I hear Palko pulled out so not sure where they go... PR OL is on short list so is guy from Johnstown area and current assistant coach. They need to make a move

New- I hear Palko pulled out so not sure where they go... PR OL is on short list so is guy from Johnstown area and current assistant coach. They need to make a move
New - I just heard today if Palko wants it, he got it, in play. I’ve heard two diff stories so I have no idea what’s going on now but OL coach in mix too. I’m just gonna wait and see. Bethel a big job too, they have a lot of seniors back ...

Schmidt is bringing with him to HH Brett Gordon who he worked with at Imhotep, former CB West HC Brian Hensel, and Dan O’Sullivan. Not sure who else will be on staff, but don’t expect Neil French.

OK, that makes sense. With H-H being in the weaker SOL American, I could see them having success if it happens. Beat Quakertown and Upper Dublin and you will go undefeated in the league

Reactions: lilromeo
Schmidt is bringing with him to HH Brett Gordon who he worked with at Imhotep, former CB West HC Brian Hensel, and Dan O’Sullivan. Not sure who else will be on staff, but don’t expect Neil French.
That's a great staff. IMO they will be a contender in no time if that staff can stay together for a few years. Good for them.

I saw HH play a game this year and I counted 30 players dressed. Even with a good staff not easy to win unless they can get more kids out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT