ADVERTISEMENT

Final: 'Skins 35 - Fords 7

PA2CAMoleskinner

Sep 18, 2007
Neshaminy looked very good. Still, you can see the athletes Haverford has - they just weren't able to consistently string it together despite some nice gains and plays here and there; however, they did have one nice drive on a pass and then run but that was really it and that was on the second string D in the last session. In fact, going into the 4th quarter Langhorne was up 35-0 and pulled all of its defensive and offensive starters the entire 12 minutes (that's when Haverford scored).

Basking in the glow for the moment the Wilmotmen have strung together three nice games versus CR South, Pennsbury and Haverford. I certainly hope it continues as next week is their current nemesis - North Penn.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronMarshal
Neshaminy controlled the line of scrimmage, and the Skins D was outstanding. James had a lot of really excellent carries.

Congrats to Neshaminy. Conditions were terrible which didn’t help Haverford but in fairness Neshaminy would have won going away if they played the game in the Atlantic Ocean.

Neshaminy physically dominated the game. Defensively they pressured Haverford’s passing game way better then anyone else. Offensively they ran the ball right at Haverford all night long. Quite frankly this game was more lopsided then final score.

If Haverford going to take next step they need a drastic emphasis on increased physicality and toughness. The tackling was embarrassing. Zero defensive attacking of line of scrimmage to stop a very generic smash mouth attack. Double tight I everyone in building knows it’s ISO but you have to physically attack the fullback. The backs for Neshaminy were tough runners but quite frankly last two weeks exposed Haverfords defense as not even close to good enough to win a 6a playoff game...again. Neshaminy way more physical.

Amazingly in 2018 the more physical team still wins 95% of hs football games. Haverford didn’t answer that bell last two weeks.

The thing with Neshaminy is they can play that ground and pound running game, but they are also capable of throwing the ball well. Joyce, O'Connor, Manzyk and Cannimore are all excellent receivers and McAndrew is a very good throwing QB. Film study said the way to beat Haverford was a smash mouth ground game that kept the Fords skill players on O off the field and kept them from finding their rhythm. That was the game plan and they executed it well. and yes Gang $$ Green, you still have to win in the trenches, or at least hold your own if you are a skill team.
North Penn - Neshaminy next week will be a really interesting matchup. Unfortunately (and fortunately at hte same time) for me, I will be visiting my son at Penn State, watching the hockey game at Pegula during the Skins Knights game. I wonder if I can get the live stream there?

It was clear Neshaminy had more in their aresenal but didn’t need it. Hell if you are running ISO and other team can’t even slow it down why do anything different even on fastest tracks. The skill kids for Neshaminy were good. Up front wasn’t like there was big size differential. Aggressiveness in both scheme and players was stark differential. Quite frankly they got embarrassed the last two weeks. Very disappointing in a year a lot in the community thought might be the one to finallly win a District game. In end they weren’t even competitively 6a level.

First time at Neshaminy. That’s a great place for a game. Stadium is fantastic. Have wanted to get up there for years. One question for Skins guys. What year was that built with all that concrete.

GangGreen -

The field was completed in time for the 1956 season and they then played with wooden bleachers until the 1963 season which featured the concrete stadium for the first time as it was completed during the summer before football began.

Here's a link to an article on Neshaminy's website which references the new seats and the 'Skins 7-0 win over Central Dauphin (the Rams traveled to Langhorne for the opener for both teams that season and also the first game with the new set up):

http://neshaminyfootball.com/history/greatmoments/great_moments_45.htm

Then here's an additional link to the site and another article about the field and stadium:

http://neshaminyfootball.com/history/notable_eras/1956_heartbreakridge/heartbreak_ridge.htm

It's a shame the weather was so bad, you would have seen a packed stadium Gang Green. Just eye balling it, Neshaminy must have the largest attendance around. They also travel better than just about any team I've seen, always filling the visitor stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT