ADVERTISEMENT

Final rankings 2022

not_a_fan

May 7, 2011
Final rankings for 2022…

For all the debating that happened this season, it was mostly settled on the field. My top 2 teams remained steady pretty much all season while a few teams like Pine-Richland, Belle Vernon, and Neumann-Goretti jumped on the radar with playoff runs. I would love to see a SJP-McDevitt game as I think McDevitt has the talent to give Prep the best game out of anyone else in the State. (I'd still take Prep by 21 but maybe it would be closer longer). So now onto 2023. Anyone have any thoughts on a Way-To Early Top 10 regardless of classification???

1. St. Joe’s Prep 12-1 (12)
2. Bishop McDevitt 13-1 (3)
3. Pine-Richland 12-3 (7)
4. Harrisburg 11-3 (3)
5. Imhotep Charter 10-3 (12)
6. Aliquippa 13-1 (7)
7. Belle Vernon 12-2 (7)
8. State College 13-1 (6)
9. Garnet Valley 14-1 (1)
10. Neumann-Goretti 11-4 (12)

Reactions: bucksftball
I know ecp is returning thier back up QB that played the whole second half of the season and will be a senior. I know they also return thier running back, best lineman (fbs guy) and one of their best lb/db so I expect them to be good in 5A. 6A no one in the state is touching SJP. They beat all in state competition by 4 td+. The crazy thing with next years prep team is this might be their best team yet. They keep getting more and more talented.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Final rankings for 2022…

For all the debating that happened this season, it was mostly settled on the field. My top 2 teams remained steady pretty much all season while a few teams like Pine-Richland, Belle Vernon, and Neumann-Goretti jumped on the radar with playoff runs. I would love to see a SJP-McDevitt game as I think McDevitt has the talent to give Prep the best game out of anyone else in the State. (I'd still take Prep by 21 but maybe it would be closer longer). So now onto 2023. Anyone have any thoughts on a Way-To Early Top 10 regardless of classification???

4. Harrisburg 11-3 (3)
6. Aliquippa 13-1 (7)
7. Belle Vernon 12-2 (7)
Ok 'Not' that's a start. Still struggling with McD or PR in the 2 slot, revisiting stats and such. Also working on something brief myself (ranking) to put a period on it for me, then move on to next season. Hopefully get it out in a day or so.
PS, I haven't done a SJP - McD work up (stats) but can maybe get to that this week. It was over 70% this year.

Ok 'Not' that's a start. Still struggling with McD or PR in the 2 slot, revisiting stats and such. Also working on something brief myself (ranking) to put a period on it for me, then move on to next season. Hopefully get it out in a day or so.
PS, I haven't done a SJP - McD work up (stats) but can maybe get to that this week. It was over 70% this year.
not, good stuff on the ranking- pretty good overall

non statistical feedback- PR beat imotep pretty handily, and imotep beat BD- my 2 cents is PR is clear #2

Also- shout out for teams- ECP was the best PA school PR played this year- pretty sure they should squeak in and push out State College- sure, State College beat NA, but NA would lose to some 4A schools

Last shout-out- maybe not top 10, but Woodland Hills might be the second best PA school PR played this year, just sayin, gonna be very good next year also

not, good stuff on the ranking- pretty good overall

non statistical feedback- PR beat imotep pretty handily, and imotep beat BD- my 2 cents is PR is clear #2

Also- shout out for teams- ECP was the best PA school PR played this year- pretty sure they should squeak in and push out State College- sure, State College beat NA, but NA would lose to some 4A schools

Last shout-out- maybe not top 10, but Woodland Hills might be the second best PA school PR played this year, just sayin, gonna be very good next year also
I see what your saying but football math doesn't work. You go by that logic Penn hills is above Pine Richland.

I see what your saying but football math doesn't work. You go by that logic Penn hills is above Pine Richland.
yes but by nature, i think this is ranking the teams, as of that time- that's why in college football, Florida or Notre Dame may start the year #4 but by end of season they are #14. Early in the year, yea, Penn Hills was kinda better than PR early in season, but by the end of the season, PR much much better, better than all of 5A. PR played Woody in playoffs, and Woody was still tough to beat.

And not sure sure what logic you are questioning, hey i thought you were a Cathedral Prep fan, and you are questioning me... I am saying they were really good deserve to be in top 10?? jeez

yes but by nature, i think this is ranking the teams, as of that time- that's why in college football, Florida or Notre Dame may start the year #4 but by end of season they are #14. Early in the year, yea, Penn Hills was kinda better than PR early in season, but by the end of the season, PR much much better, better than all of 5A. PR played Woody in playoffs, and Woody was still tough to beat.

And not sure sure what logic you are questioning, hey i thought you were a Cathedral Prep fan, and you are questioning me... I am saying they were really good deserve to be in top 10?? jeez
I'm not questioning you. These rakings don't mean anything and are just fun to debate. PR could be #2 and I don't have an issue with that and so can mckdevitt. Don't forget mcdevitt's lose was the very first game of the season and they have improved as well. I agree with you on ECP. They are definitely a top 10 team in the state.

Reactions: Stalker
I'm not questioning you. These rakings don't mean anything and are just fun to debate. PR could be #2 and I don't have an issue with that and so can mckdevitt. Don't forget mcdevitt's lose was the very first game of the season and they have improved as well. I agree with you on ECP. They are definitely a top 10 team in the state.
Well said. The fun part, and dumb ass me is trying to do it, is to conjure up a Top 20-25. I'm working on it but wow, that's a lot of work unless you're just throwing teams out that with a good record. Hard work!

Final rankings for 2022…

4. Harrisburg 11-3 (3)
6. Aliquippa 13-1 (7)
7. Belle Vernon 12-2 (7)
Belle Vernon is not even close to top 10 in the state, probably not even in the wpial

they lost to Mckeesport and Penn Trafford

they would lose to Central Valley, Bethel Park, Upper St. Clair, Mt Lebanon, Canon Mac, Central Catholic, and Seneca Valley

I think TJ would've beaten them in a rematch

where is Lasalle? didn't they give SJP a good game?

Well said. The fun part, and dumb ass me is trying to do it, is to conjure up a Top 20-25. I'm working on it but wow, that's a lot of work unless you're just throwing teams out that with a good record. Hard work!
Looking forward to it stalker. You're the best on here with your research and breaking down the teams. When you get to it you need to finish your state championship project. I looked forward to reading those.

Reactions: lilromeo
Belle Vernon is not even close to top 10 in the state, probably not even in the wpial

they lost to Mckeesport and Penn Trafford

they would lose to Central Valley, Bethel Park, Upper St. Clair, Mt Lebanon, Canon Mac, Central Catholic, and Seneca Valley

I think TJ would've beaten them in a rematch

where is Lasalle? didn't they give SJP a good game?
LaSalle got beaten badly the first time they played the Prep. True, the second game was much closer, but I think even some LaSalle fans (like the ones on the LaSalle broadcast) thought the refs had a strong hand in keeping it as close as it was. Some neutrals, like the Roman guy on here, thought the same. In any case, Erasmus Hall (public school from Brooklyn) was in the game against SJP till the last minute. And, of course, SJP lost to Aquinas at the beginning of the year.

If you base the rankings on the whole season, it's hard to see how LaSalle can be ranked anywhere except far down the list of "honorable mentions," maybe. After beating North Penn by a lot, they lost badly to McDevitt and Malvern and by a couple of TDs to the Haverford School. Later Roman beat them by two or three TDs and their game against Wood, which they won, went into overtime.

They should be better next year but not a whole lot better.

LaSalle got beaten badly the first time they played the Prep. True, the second game was much closer, but I think even some LaSalle fans (like the ones on the LaSalle broadcast) thought the refs had a strong hand in keeping it as close as it was. Some neutrals, like the Roman guy on here, thought the same. In any case, Erasmus Hall (public school from Brooklyn) was in the game against SJP till the last minute. And, of course, SJP lost to Aquinas at the beginning of the year.

If you base the rankings on the whole season, it's hard to see how LaSalle can be ranked anywhere except far down the list of "honorable mentions," maybe. After beating North Penn by a lot, they lost badly to McDevitt and Malvern and by a couple of TDs to the Haverford School. Later Roman beat them by two or three TDs and their game against Wood, which they won, went into overtime.

They should be better next year but not a whole lot better.
LaSalle trailed North Penn by 11 in the 3rd quarter and rallied to take the lead in the 4th, only won by 9. Definitely a down year for them overall and agree that I can't see them being high in any state ranking.

Looking forward to it stalker. You're the best on here with your research and breaking down the teams. When you get to it you need to finish your state championship project. I looked forward to reading those.
I believe you're talking about Rover's projects, unless you mean my mentioning working something up on a mythical game between SJP-McD, 'by the numbers', what the math says?

ADVERTISEMENT