ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Pennsbury 21 - Coatesville 14

paprepsfan

Jul 1, 2011
Congratulations to the Falcon players and Coaches with a great game for both teams and coaches.
Falcons won with a goal line stand on the 1 foot line with 30 seconds left.

Congratulations to Coatesville for having a great season.

Final: Pennsbury 21-14

This post was edited on 11/29 3:29 PM by paprepsfan

Tough, hard fought game! Congrat's to the Falcon's for moving on and represent D-1 well in the next round and also to Matt Ortega for bringing Coatesville back to being a good program.

Oh, and thanks for Pennsbury's live stream!

I was surprised Coatesville didn't use a timeout before their biggest play of the year. They never seemed ready before that 4th down.

Strange that he didn't at least use a TO there. Jordan was hobbling when he took that hit to the thigh on the 1st play of the drive and was also banged up early in the game. You're in the gun all game running the spread, taking advantage of your speed and now you want to bring in the heavies and go under center, twice, with a hobbled QB and try to power it in? Very easy to second guess but still puzzling, nonetheless. Also thought they would try to throw a little more. However, Pennsbury's D was tough early on and then late when they had to be. They earned it.

Said it in another thread, the coaching staff is at fault here.

3rd down you have to notice Falcons brought in six big guys... Spread them out and run a rub route while rolling out with QB. Gives him option to run or pass.

If you do not get it on 3rd down... Call Timeout, and dial up your best play. Not stack everyone to the right and QB sneak to the left?

AWFUL.

MAA

Easy to 2nd guess.

Sounds you coach.

Maybe you should put your name in for some of these open head coaching positions.

Re: MAA

I am from the suburban one league from years ago. I would not move back, but there is a former SOL person in another part of NC that would apply for some of those jobs, you have a list of openings that you can send my way for him? Since you think I should apply.

I was actually being serious. From previous post it sounds as if you coach.

I think Bensalem is still open. CB West is open as well.

I'm not sure of the dynamics of either job but it may be worth inquiring.

I have already told the guy that is in Charlotte, NC about those positions. I personally went searching to find links, but could not do so for one of them, forget which one. Although I am bias, he is much more of a coach than I am and could turn a good team into a contender. I go out on my bye week from Wilmington to see his team play and all he has done his career is work up the totem pole.

Not sure if he wants them, but I will ask again.

Agreed. I figured they had no timeouts til they called one after the fact. Also wasn't a fan of the play call. A foot to go, lean forward and be done with it. Qb did way too much before trying to score.

Guys,

Did Pennsbury shut down the Coatesville passing game or did Coatesville come up short? I did not expect this score. I am not finger pointing...just curious!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT