ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Belle Vernon 38 - Northwestern Lehigh 7 // SJP 45 - North Allegheny 23

CAMoleskinner

Jun 4, 2019
Five down and the "Big One" to go (all six now).

SJP School for Boys took the Tigers. That's a wrap for PA.

Now I can watch Mater Dei steamroll the 12-0 Serra Padres from NoCal (it's the Bowl Championship series and it's the final game of the season being played at beautiful Saddleback Junior College stadium - 8,000 seats - in Orange County).

Last edited:
Five down and the "Big One" to go.
I'm not expecting a competitive game tonight but will be pulling for NA. The advantage in coaching is a wash but the talent level between the 2 teams is pretty big gab. NA must be able to establish the run. It helps does help when 2 of your best players are your tackles and your center is a 3 year starter. They can throw when they have to but it's set up with the run game. With NAs players going both ways I think even if the first half is close prep will eventually wear them down.

I agree the run game is the most important but Art has to find a way to steal yards in the passing game and not just try to go tit for tat aka straight forward about it. That pass game has to protect the run game.

#8 hopefully is 100%.

Slightly off-topic, is it me or is this by far the least attended to state championship games in PIAA history? Almost every game looks half full at best. What’s the capacity at the Chap? I know attendance has been on the decline for years now but geez.

Reactions: bucksftball
Why don’t they have the state championships at different sites like we do in North Carolina. We hold them at NC state UNC and Wake Forest. PA could hold them at some colleges there.

Slightly off-topic, is it me or is this by far the least attended to state championship games in PIAA history? Almost every game looks half full at best. What’s the capacity at the Chap? I know attendance has been on the decline for years now but geez.
Was thinking the same thing.

Why don’t they have the state championships at different sites like we do in North Carolina. We hold them at NC state UNC and Wake Forest. PA could hold them at some colleges there.
CV's facility is comparable to the PSAC stadiums. And, CV ponied the $$$..

The other big schools PSU for instance asks way too much money.

Bucknell was turned down due to parking.

It was a no-go for Acrisure and Lincoln due to dates.

Reactions: Stalker and sammyk
I'm surprised NA doesn't have the state title games since they always host multiple wpial and state playoff games each year

i bet the dorks that run the piaa don't want to travel out west

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT