ADVERTISEMENT

Father Judge at Northeast Cancelled

Judge27

Aug 20, 2013
Father Judge at Northeast was cancelled this evening due to inclement weather (lightening) and will NOT be made up as agreed upon by both teams. Conditions at Charles Martin Memorial (NE Supersite) were brutal to say the least pre-kick which was scheduled for 06:30PM. The Crusaders (1-1) next take on Germantown Academy on Friday, 09/14 at James Ramp Memorial Athletic Complex 6PM Kick. Go "Saders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Father Judge at Northeast was cancelled this evening due to inclement weather (lightening) and will NOT be made up as agreed upon by both teams. Conditions at Charles Martin Memorial (NE Supersite) were brutal to say the least pre-kick which was scheduled for 06:30PM. The Crusaders (1-1) next take on Germantown Academy on Friday, 09/14 at James Ramp Memorial Athletic Complex 6PM Kick. Go "Saders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northeast did not agree to this!!! They wanted to play Saturday..

Reactions: CYOBALL1
If someone did not want to play , then it’s a forfeit. For it to be declared a no contest , it had to be mutual.

Was not mutual!!! Judge did not want to play. No need to go into details but every other Catholic postponement played that Saturday except for Judge.

There are reasons Judge did not want to play and you can’t say that it’s their fault. They might have actually done Northeast a favor by not continuing the contest.

Here’s the deal... Yes NEHS wanted to play because they had a bye following week and didn’t want to be dormant for 2 weeks. Judge had a previously scheduled non football team event on Saturday which was important to the school, team and community in which the team served that day. Not playing did benefit Judge who used the week off as their bye week as they did not have one scheduled. Northeast agreed not to implement forfeit rule when Judge promised to return to NEHS next year as visitor and not home team at Ramp therefore letting NEHS have the gate. Lets not kid ourselves, Judge is probably their biggest gate other than Central on Thanksgiving when both teams split the gate. So yes NEHS wanted to play, FJ had a prior commitment and the almighty dollar ruled the day when all said and done.

Reactions: lilromeo
CC has it right as I would expect him to knowing his true identity and close connections to the PCL hierarchy. BTW as posted on another thread concerning the spectator conditions at Ramp for varsity football: It’s been brought to my attention that bigger bleachers have been ordered and expected to be installed by next home game on 10/05 vs LaSalle. Lets hope this improves things. Go ‘Saders!!!!!

I didn't get a chance to post, but Judge I did see the set up at Ramp and it gets and A for effort. Agreed with you on the setup...execution does need work. But I love the idea of home games right on the campus. At some point it has to lead to a home field advantage for Judge. I could see if that hill behind the one end zone was filled with students it could really be a scene. They also need to redirect the speakers....could not hear the anouncer one bit as you spread out the sides.

If that’s the case, don’t say it was mutual. No way, by any means, would the coaching staff at Northeast agree to not play knowing they had a bye the next week forcing kids to sit for TWO WEEKS without football. Who does that? And if money was the decision factor, shame on the person who spoke on behalf of Northeast and Judge!! The KIDS should always come first!!

Maybe they should have had the NE players join the Judge players in this so called Big Community Event and then played afterwards or before; both schools do serve the Northeast Community right??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT