ADVERTISEMENT

Farrell trying to rejoin the wpial

DripDrop

Aug 31, 2023
2A is already stacked in the wpial so adding Farrell into the mix is scary. It'll take away some great rivalry games in district 10 though. Especially Farrell and Wilmington.

2A is already stacked in the wpial so adding Farrell into the mix is scary. It'll take away some great rivalry games in district 10 though. Especially Farrell and Wilmington.
problem is basic geography- Farrell will be 100 miles from some wpial schools

Didn`t they try a couple years backonly to be shot down by the WPIAL fools !
I don't think so but could be wrong. The school board voted 7-1 to rejoin the wpial. It would benefit both. The wpial gets a state powerhouse and Farrell has had a very difficult time filling a schedule so we will see.

why did they leave in the first place?
Farrells located in Mercer county where all Mercer county are district 10 teams. Lately theyve been having a hard time scheduling opponents. Even had to play ecp this year because both had a vacant week. I think scheduling issues is their reasoning to try and rejoin the wpial. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I know McDowell wanted to rejoin the wpial a few years back and district 10 shot it down. Them and Erie high are the only 6A schools in district 10.

Farrell is claiming that racist incidents at Lakeview and Jamestown are the reason for the vote to move although they claim this is happened at other D 10 locations.Both incidents are fan related. A school Board member said it will happen in D7 but the WPIAL will handle it better.

Many people in Farrell never accepted leaving the WPIAL they miss the Pittsburgh media coverage and all that goes with it. The Head Coach and school Board member said he is a “Wpial Guy”.
The racial incidents are being used as the excuse to move. Last time D 10 refused to let them go,after this they may just say leave. No indication the WPIAL will accept them although a school board member said they will be accepted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT