ADVERTISEMENT

Easton 0-4 for the 2nd Time in 120 years of football

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
For the first time since 1981 and second time is ever, Easton is 0-4 after melting down in the second half and losing to Whitehall 37-14.

Jeff Braido has lost at least four games in all six of his seasons as head coach. There has never been a six year stretch of four plus losses in the history of the football program.

Last edited:
For the first time since 1981 and second time is ever, Easton is 0-4 after melting down in the second half and losing to Whitehall 37-14.

Jeff Braido has lost at least four games in all six of his seasons as head coach. There has never been a six year stretch of four plus losses in the history of the football program.to

Rover, that is a tough one. I’m sure there are a lot of frustrated fans in the Valley. Easton is a proud, legendary program, I have no doubt they’ll bounce back. Only 2 0-4 starts in 120 years of football is a really incredible stat.

They’ll win the next two weeks - William Allen and Pocono Mountain East are two of the worst teams in the state in 6A.

But I talked to one of our local reporters for a while yesterday, who thinks those are the k only two wins on the schedule - Liberty might be a toss up, but they’ve played well.

He also cruelly texted me “Braido out” and I got really excited, but then followed it with a question mark. But the natives are getting restless.

“That wasn’t the only miscues that we had, but we can’t give up touchdowns on special teams. We can’t turn the ball over... I just think we made too many undisciplined mistakes, all throughout the second half. I thought we played a pretty good first half,” Easton coach Jeff Braido said. “I thought we had momentum going into halftime and then kept shooting ourselves in the foot in the second half and our defense was out on the field for almost the entire second half. We can’t have that.”

For the first time since 1981 and second time is ever, Easton is 0-4 after melting down in the second half and losing to Whitehall 35-17.

Jeff Braido has lost at least four games in all six of his seasons as head coach. There has never been a six year stretch of four plus losses in the history of the football program.
I was there last night. Great job of rebuilding Cottingham. Only complaint on new digs? Where are the play clocks?
The game? The Zephyrs have improved every game. You may be selling them short. They really dominated in the second half.
Easton doesn’t have an identity. I do know Braido has had enough time to put his stamp on the program. He has failed. It is time for a change. Pressure has to be put on the AD to do it. If he resists, send him back to the classroom and hire a new AD.
The opponent in me says Easton got what it asked for, but I’ve seen so many games at Cottingham, I know how loyal the real Rover fans are, and they don’t deserve this mess.

I was there last night. Great job of rebuilding Cottingham. Only complaint on new digs? Where are the play clocks?
The game? The Zephyrs have improved every game. You may be selling them short. They really dominated in the second half.
Easton doesn’t have an identity. I do know Braido has had enough time to put his stamp on the program. He has failed. It is time for a change. Pressure has to be put on the AD to do it. If he resists, send him back to the classroom and hire a new AD.
The opponent in me says Easton got what it asked for, but I’ve seen so many games at Cottingham, I know how loyal the real Rover fans are, and they don’t deserve this mess.
I still can’t get used to the turf, but that’s a personal problem. It’s a great facility that I’m glad they took the time to do right.

They’ve been searching offensively since he got there. Which goes back to a point I made at the time of hire - he doesn’t know anything else, played at Easton, didn’t really play in college, has only coached at Easton. So why was he the pick to make the big schematic changes everybody thought were so desperately needed. He knows he needs to do something else, but doesn’t know how to do it. In turn, they have a million different formations, nothing links to anything else, kids are confused, don’t play fast, and now they can’t run or throw it. And for a program built around its defense, they’ve totally lost the plot, particularly on stopping the run.

The athletic director issue is a related but separate discussion, that has infected their athletic department across the board. If you think football is bad, what he did to boys basketball is unforgivable. And he was a central figure in a federal lawsuit in the wrestling program that just cost the taxpayers a quarter of a million dollars.

And Easton totally got what they asked for. I threw a fit when they made the hire, as did a lot of other people, and everything we said was going to happen has happened. We all said be careful what you wish for, and this is exactly what was wished for.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Is it Jimmys and joes has EASTON lost population
No. Easton is the largest enrollment in the conference. The city may not be growing, but Palmer, Forks, and Williams Twp are really growing. As of 2020, the District has 65,103 residents. EAHS has 1238 boys in grades 9-10-11, which is the number used by the PIAA for classification. The school district has 8,289 students.

No. Easton is the largest enrollment in the conference. The city may not be growing, but Palmer, Forks, and Williams Twp are really growing. As of 2020, the District has 65,103 residents. EAHS has 1238 boys in grades 9-10-11, which is the number used by the PIAA for classification. The school district has 8,289 students.
Man might need to update that resume

Reactions: EPC FAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT