ADVERTISEMENT

Early Picks for PCL/ PPL players of the YR

IA - 13 from chestnut hill is my pick. They may not have a win without him.

Catholic - 1 from Roman is my pick. Electric player.

For fun I’ll give a pub pick - DE from Northeast. Been playing with a cast on.

And always will be bias to the hometown teams and say Banks from Bethlehem Catholic.

Blue I would go with Tysheem Johnson from NG. And inter ac Keyshawn Williams from SCH.

If Roman were to beat LaSalle this weekend Harris would have more of a case for MVP than Brown. In my opinion.
As I remember, McCord was MVP in the Red last year. Why would he not be this year, especially since Brown did very little against SJP?

Most definitely be a player from St. Joe's Prep. They dominated the league. They will get whoever and whatever they want on all league team.

As I remember, McCord was MVP in the Red last year. Why would he not be this year, especially since Brown did very little against SJP?
Never said McCord wouldn’t or shouldn’t be the mvp. I was saying Harris from Roman would have more of a case to be mvp. Assuming that McCord would get it anyhow.

Never said McCord wouldn’t or shouldn’t be the mvp. I was saying Harris from Roman would have more of a case to be mvp. Assuming that McCord would get it anyhow.
What's the case for
What's the case for Harris? I'm not disagreeing and am in no position to do so having not seen Roman this year. It just seems hard not to choose the QB of a team whose offense has done what SJP's offense has done in every league game.

What's the case for

What's the case for Harris? I'm not disagreeing and am in no position to do so having not seen Roman this year. It just seems hard not to choose the QB of a team whose offense has done what SJP's offense has done in every league game.

Harris is leading WR is the PCL. Has a chance to break the city record for receiving TDs.

With that said, I'd probably go McCord at this point.

Tysheem Johnson has risen to the top in the other division. The Dutkiewicz kid from LC has been terrific, too. But NG is clearly the best team and if you took Johnson off the offense, then there is a pretty good chance they wouldn't be undefeated right now. He breaks games open. The AC QB probably was going to be in the hunt before getting hurt a few weeks back. He has proven to be the league's most irreplaceable player, as the PATS have really suffered from his departure.

What's the case for

The same for the case for Williams at SCH for inter ac MVP. Without Harris Roman wins how many games? With Harris, the leading WR in the pcl they have a chance at finishing 2nd in the PCL one year after winning 1 game?

5-107 and 3 tds against wood in a 20-6 win.
3-141 and a TD (in meaningful time) against prep in a losing effort.
4-167 2 TD against judge-win
6-95 2 TD against Ryan- win
LaSalle- TBD

With all that being said, I’m in agreement, McCord should be MVP. But there’s a case for Harris to be in that conversation, that’s all.

MVP or Best player? McCord is terrific, he’s the best player in the State, However, if you take him off of that team, they still win.They are loaded. I like Harris for MVP. Leading WR in the league by far. Was at PJP game, he had a pick too so has been on defense plus special teams.

In the Blue- Tysheem Johnson, he’s no secret.

The same for the case for Williams at SCH for inter ac MVP. Without Harris Roman wins how many games? With Harris, the leading WR in the pcl they have a chance at finishing 2nd in the PCL one year after winning 1 game?

5-107 and 3 tds against wood in a 20-6 win.
3-141 and a TD (in meaningful time) against prep in a losing effort.
4-167 2 TD against judge-win
6-95 2 TD against Ryan- win
LaSalle- TBD

With all that being said, I’m in agreement, McCord should be MVP. But there’s a case for Harris to be in that conversation, that’s all.

When the PCL Red coaches go around that table and nominate MVP's the only three that should be nominated, IMO, are McCord, Harris, and Brown. So, I definitely think it's fair for Prete to nominate his player. I do think Williams has a stronger case in the I-A. He just touches the ball more for SCH. I think he rushed for over 100 yards last week. He has multiple return TDs this year. That kid is as dynamic as they come in the city. If the three city leagues had a Biletnokoff award, then he'd get my vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT