ADVERTISEMENT

Early Favorites for District 1

4i tech

Dec 19, 2015
Happy New Year everyone! It was great seeing some the guys that haven’t posted on here in while for pa preps holiday get together hosted by IA , I was able to pick IA Delco’ s Brain bout possibly setting up a Pa Preps podcast weekly for the up coming season. Love to get some other feedback for the podcast! Early Favorites for District 1 Championship in 2022 besides Garnet Coatesville North Penn? By the way how Great is Bowl Season!!!

Reactions: HSFB99
I believe GV is dropping to 5a this year. I assume they would be the overwhelming favorite to D1

But remember, they have a new coach, up from the 9th grade squad. It appears he will keep all systems in place , but there are often growing pains with any new coach.

Reactions: bucksftball
Plus GV graduates just about every starter. First game against CB West should be an early barometer as to where each of them stands.

In 6A, I think you definitely have to put Coatesville in the mix, but not sure about North Penn, who also loses a ton to graduation. Hard to find other clear favorites, in my opinion, but I'm not familiar with the rest of the Ches-Mont, like if the Downingtowns will be primed to make a run.

High on CB West. Last year's D was under rated and the O painfully young. Can only get better with so many skill people returning. Bucks vs Coatesville sounds like a good district final. Ridley with any production from the Qb.

Ok, back to figuring out District 3. Plus I'm working on a short study of private schools in PA, quick hits on all of them. Slight emphasis on D-12 for the PCL crowd.

Reactions: lilromeo
High on CB West. Last year's D was under rated and the O painfully young. Can only get better with so many skill people returning. Bucks vs Coatesville sounds like a good district final. Ridley with any production from the Qb.

Ok, back to figuring out District 3. Plus I'm working on a short study of private schools in PA, quick hits on all of them. Slight emphasis on D-12 for the PCL crowd.

Except for a couple of bad halves, West D was pretty solid all year. They'll have to replace 3 important senior LBs and their corners, but return some very good players including a stud DT, both safeties and their DEs. Offensively, 3/4 of the backfield and the lone receiver are back. Boehm is one of the best backs in D1, Cooper will be the starter at QB for the third year in a row, Cherubini was a big play back all year and McFadden might be the fastest football player in D1. This will also be the first senior class that has been in the same offensive system for all 4 years. If they can rebuild the O-line (returning 2 starters and another spot-starter) then I could see another 9-10+ win season. Both the freshman and JV teams had good seasons again, for the 4th year in a row, so I think the pipeline of talent is there, if not quite as deep as some of the large D1 schools.

Last edited:
With the release of the new numbers this week, GV will stay in 6A for the next two year cycle. They graduate a ton, so expect a step back next season. Ridley, aside from very talented QB and RB, brings back almost everyone else. Expect them to be a favorite in the Central League and a deep run in the D1 playoffs. CB West and Cville could certainly be in the mix again, too.

In 5A, Haven and Rustin both lose significant pieces but could still be in the hunt. Springfield could rebound if they stay healthy, and Academy Park is always tough. Upper Dublin, though, could be the favorite at the moment with a terrific QB returning.

Interboro dropping to 4A might give Shanahan something to think about come playoff time, but expect Shanahan to still be the favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT