ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Gordon passes away

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
Just heard from a friend Drew Gordon passed away. He sparked life into La Salle's program and won a State Championship. High times during the Gordon years. Still remember that Semis game against North Penn, still the best football game I ever saw! RIP!

Just heard from a friend Drew Gordon passed away. He sparked life into La Salle's program and won a State Championship. High times during the Gordon years. Still remember that Semis game against North Penn, still the best football game I ever saw! RIP!
I just saw you already posted Paul. Very sad.

Reactions: paul from philly
Awful news … one of the all time greats that took high school ball to the next level … HS football is better today because of him … rest easy Coach on your new sidelines

Reactions: Aragorn
That's too bad. He was special. I saw where he was born in Hobbs NM. And we just lost Ted Silary.

Paul- Innovative for sure. I was also at that game vs NP at PW, beautiful fall afternoon. A great back and forth game. One of the best I have been to… RIP

Reactions: Aragorn
North Alleghany beat them in 2010.
There was another year (2011? 2012?) when Gordon's team looked headed to a state title game when lost one or two key players to injury just before the semifinal, which they lost by a whisker. And then there was 2015, when they upset SJP and should have beaten Parkland were it not for an awful PI call by a ref.

LaSalle's teams were not full of kids with lots of natural talent. They were very well coached.

There was another year (2011? 2012?) when Gordon's team looked headed to a state title game when lost one or two key players to injury just before the semifinal, which they lost by a whisker. And then there was 2015, when they upset SJP and should have beaten Parkland were it not for an awful PI call by a ref.

LaSalle's teams were not full of kids with lots of natural talent. They were very well coached.
Tulla, you are correct. Not one of the senior members of the Championship team went to a true D1 school. I think Delaware was the biggest school any of them went to. The QB didn't even get recruited and ended up going to West Chester and all he ever did was win. Bunch of young players that bought into the system.

I did think when Gordon went to McDevitt as coach after La Salle, he would provide a rejuvination to that program but the school was on Death Row by then.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT