Semis:

1 Neshaminy
4 Coatesville

2 Perkiomen Valley
6 North Penn

Final:

4 Coatesville
6 North Penn

Maybe because they almost lost to 2 win Roman, if Hollenbach plays the right QB they lose to Pennridge, they lost to 5-5 DTW who didn't make playoffs, took last second play to beat CBS with back up quarterback, almost lost to 4-6 Abington, struggled with 4-6 CRS 7-0 on Q4, and had last second win against very avg pennsbury team, why would Mcshane kick to Stills? If they were winning close games against good teams, that is clutch, but struggling with teams you should beat and calling it clutch, is a very big stretch. That being said SF, lost a lot to graduation and Nesh should win.

Maybe because they almost lost to 2 win Roman, if Hollenbach plays the right QB they lose to Pennridge, they lost to 5-5 DTW who didn't make playoffs, took last second play to beat CBS with back up quarterback, almost lost to 4-6 Abington, struggled with 4-6 CRS 7-0 on Q4, and had last second win against very avg pennsbury team, why would Mcshane kick to Stills? If they were winning close games against good teams, that is clutch, but struggling with teams you should beat and calling it clutch, is a very big stretch. That being said SF, lost a lot to graduation and Nesh should win.

That's a lot of shouldn't have, couldn't have, wouldn't haves!

Great points salvucci, very reasoned. I still think sf gets em, just my opinion. I think d east wins rematch with coatesville, np beats garnet and it is a d east, np final. I think Roman beating judge huge for np, matchup with garnet helps np run d with alignment, assignment and gap responsibility for d east rematch. Np takes it all, imho.

R1:

1 Neshaminy
16 Spring-Ford

8 Pennsbury
9 Central Bucks South

4 Coatesville
13 Harry S Truman

5 Downingtown East
12 Owen J Roberts

2 Perkiomen Valley
15 Penn Wood

7 Pennridge
10 Quakertown

3 Garnet Valley
14 Central Bucks West

6 North Penn
11 Haverford

R2:

1 Neshaminy
8 Pennsbury

4 Coatesville
5 Downingtown East

2 Perkiomen Valley
7 Pennridge

3 Garnet Valley
6 North Penn

Semis:

1 Neshaminy
4 Coatesville

2 Perkiomen Valley
6 North Penn

Final:

4 Coatesville
6 North Penn

Perk Valley and PAC 10 6A teams are not battle tested. Look for Ridge to win big vs. Perk Valley. Q'town is a tougher match up for Ridge.

Reactions: bmr2121
Agree with everything you stated, with the exception that Neshaminy should win over Spring Ford.

I can't see any of the top 8 seeds losing next week. Which lower seed has the best chance for the upset?

Point Spreads according to the BPI. Among playoff teams, Coatesville has the highest rating at 98.6 and CB-West the lowest at 64.7.

http://www.bornpowerindex.com/

1 Neshaminy -14
16 Spring-Ford

8 Pennsbury -3
9 Central Bucks South

4 Coatesville -31
13 Harry S Truman

5 Downingtown East -19
12 Owen J Roberts

2 Perkiomen Valley -15
15 Penn Wood

7 Pennridge -14
10 Quakertown

3 Garnet Valley -11
14 Central Bucks West

6 North Penn -17
11 Haverford

Great discussion! I remember when the public league in the 60s and 70s were amped up like this... I try to follow both but aside from prep, lasalle, wood the public league just isn't the same anymore! Missing the great Al Angelo!

final 4
Coatesville
Vs
Neshaminy

North Penn
Vs (rematch of great season game)
Pennridge

I don't see anyone stopping Coatesvilles offense so will have to be a shootout! North Penn still the favorite of the tournament.

Reactions: IronMarshal
In HS football during the playoffs, anything can happen as long as there are no "super teams" (ie. SJP in the East and PR in the west). I get it that people expect upsets, and group think is D1 is down this year, and people are down on SOL. I think the down on SOL is a wishful thinking concept, because NP lost to DtE early. I just don't get the Spring-Ford beats Neshaminy stuff. Could it happen? Yeah, if Nesaminy lays an egg (possible), and Spring-Ford plays their close to their best game (also possible), but unlikely. Neshaminy has beaten Pennsbury, Pennridge, CB South, and Truman, all playoff teams. Lost one stinker to DtW. Who has Spring-Ford beat? I know Spring-Ford lost to a good 5A team in Unionville, a down by their standards Wilson West Lawn team (who hasn't beaten a good team other than Hempfield, who beat up a bunch of weaker teams, but hasn't beaten anyone of substance), and Spring-Ford (who as we are seeing, hasn't beaten anyone of substance either). They have also lost to Perk Valley and OJ Roberts. SF has ZERO quality wins, ZERO wins against a playoff team. So I am left wondering, how is it that so many posters here are picking SF over Neshaminy? Wishful thinking I guess.

Reactions: 71SKINS
IronMarshal... Springfield beating Neshaminy is nothing more than wishful thinking from some unhappy _________ fans. Could it happen, sure. But looking at it logically and objectively, it's just sour grapes.

Last edited:
Agreed Iron, I don't see any way SF beats Neshaminy unless there are a boat load of turnovers. I've been tough on Neshaminy, but I think they come out of round 1 clean.

On another note, the game I am most interested in this weekend is CB South vs Pennsbury. How is CB South's health?

Ridley/Nesh would of been very interesting..

SF looked dead two weeks ago. Not sure how they will respond going to Neshaminy. They have nothing to lose and for the seniors, It is a chance at revenge on the skins from two yrs ago. Playing at Neshaminy is a tough task for multiple reasons. (Ask Roman, and Pennridge)

How Nesh and Pennsbury bounce back from such a high and low will be interesting as well. Keeping them both from looking ahead to a possible rematch will be a tough task for those staffs.

As the regular season closes, it appears that Neshaminy and North Penn were fortunate with their seeding. SF and Haverford (and then GV) could have something to say about that, but most view Dtown East and Coatesville as the top 2 teams. It is a shame that those 2 teams could meet in R2 versus the Semis or Finals. A possible change could be points to grab the top 16 teams, but have the coaches from those 16 vote on the seeding? No one believes the Skins are the #1 seed (or even top 4) with a loss to Dtown West (at Heartbreak Ridge) and struggling versus some non-playoff teams, but a win over SF and another one over PB/CBS gets them a home game in the semis.

I wish the seedings were set up so we would be guaranteed to see different match-ups, at least for the first 2 rounds. Good chance we're going to get 3 rematching in the quarters.

I wish the seedings were set up so we would be guaranteed to see different match-ups, at least for the first 2 rounds. Good chance we're going to get 3 rematching in the quarters.
you mean set it up like WPIAL does?

Spring-Ford and Coach Brubaker are tough-outs for sure (this year's 6-4 club lost two by a score -- more or less -- so over looking them would be a big mistake). And having played the Rams twice in the last four years (2013 and 2015) Langhorne has first hand experience with just how good the Rams are (when toe meets leather to start the contest you know they've brought their "A" game).

I expect everyone back in Langhorne would agree with the above.

And I hope the 'Skins aren't on an emotional "low" following the Pennsbury game and the last minute win over our great neighbors -- and hated rivals (ha) -- especially since there is a possibility of meeting the Falcons once again the following week (talk about an "in between" game). If we aren't on our game it could be a long night.

Anyway, good luck to the Rams and ...

Go 'Skins!!

Reactions: 71SKINS
Can np, coatesville or d east give prep a game?

Right now I think the better question is can LaSalle or Parkland give Prep a game? Those will happen before the east final. Trojans are having a great season so far.

Relayer, I think both certainly be a game. I don't see Prep blowing out either team. I think LaSalle can beat them. They are a clear cut underdog, but I think it could happen.

I don't agree since this would no doubt provide better seeds for some and worse seeds for others. Tabulate the top 16 via points and then lock the 16 coaches in a room for 2 hours to seed the field.

Neshaminy has no chance against Spring-Ford. They lost 8 weeks ago to Downingtown and Spring-Ford was good in 2013. Just collect the equipment now. It's over.

Neshaminy has no chance against Spring-Ford. They lost 8 weeks ago to Downingtown and Spring-Ford was good in 2013. Just collect the equipment now. It's over.

Yeah, real good in 2013. They lost to Neshaminy 56-27 in the playoffs.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Wow, no shot? Even with all those D1 players you say Neshaminy has, but you can't name one?

Sorry, I just fed the troll didn't I?

Reactions: Relayer
If anything, I think the PAC has been underrated. I read an earlier comment their teams are not battle tested.

Both Perk Valley and Spring-Ford have won 5 playoffs games each since 2012. S-F made the D1 championship game in 2012. PV has reached the D1 semis twice (2013, 2016)

S-F put D3 power Wilson West Lawn on the schedule the past 2 years. Last season they lost in 2 OT's at Wilson, who won District 3 and lost in the state semis. They also have played Unionville and Exeter from D3 multiple times, both good programs. Before that S-F had a home and home with State College and split the two.

PV the past two seasons had Downingtown West and Pennridge on the non-league schedule, plus adding Upper Dublin this year.

Ant consensus on best game to attend in Round 1? I'm leaning towards the CBS-PSB. Does anyone see any underdogs with a legitimate shot to advance?

The atmosphere (and the view!) at Helman Field will be unrivaled this Friday night. Pennridge/Quakertown would be my pick...traditional rivals celebrating Thanksgiving a few weeks early.
I'll be listening from Central PA... I have the weekend off.

Ant consensus on best game to attend in Round 1? I'm leaning towards the CBS-PSB. Does anyone see any underdogs with a legitimate shot to advance?

Rams-Skins have met twice recently:

2013 - Rams started fast at Heartbreak Ridge and actually had a 14-6 lead early on in Q2, but the Skins did take a 21-14 lead into halftime. Coming out of the break, it was pretty much all Skins as they stretched it to 28-14, 35-14, 35-20, 42-20, 49-20, 56-20, before winning 56-27.

2015 - This game was quite a surprise as the Skins really took it to the higher seeded Rams in Royersford. Punting battle in Q1 before the Skins hit their stride to take a 17-0 lead at halftime. Q3 saw the Skins extend it to 24-0 before the Rams crossed the goal line (24-8). Skins extended it to 31-8 and it ended 31-16.

2017 - Rams travel to Heartbreak Ridge following as up and down season (6-4). 3 of the losses were to solid teams (Unionville, Wilson, and PV), but the blowout versus OJR is a head-scratcher. Their 6 wins didn't include any playoff teams.

The Skins are far from a normal District #1 seed even though they did finish 9-1. Struggled versus below-average teams like Roman, Abington, Bensalem (27-20 at half), and CR South and lost to a dreadful Dtown West squad at home. Their 9 wins did include 4 playoff teams, so it wasn't all thorns for the Skins.

Best matchup of the 1st Round looks like Pennridge-Quakertown. Neighborhood rivals playing in the playoffs is always fun. Don't sleep on the Perk Valley-Penn Wood game in terms of games that could be fun to watch.

District 1 agrees with Glenn and has decided Neshaminy is not a normal #1 seed. Neshaminy lost 8 weeks ago. Action must be taken. A meeting is scheduled for 7pm tonight to reseed the bracket.

R1:

1 Neshaminy
16 Spring-Ford

8 Pennsbury
9 Central Bucks South

4 Coatesville
13 Harry S Truman

5 Downingtown East
12 Owen J Roberts

2 Perkiomen Valley
15 Penn Wood

7 Pennridge
10 Quakertown

3 Garnet Valley
14 Central Bucks West

6 North Penn
11 Haverford

R2:

1 Neshaminy
8 Pennsbury

4 Coatesville
5 Downingtown East

2 Perkiomen Valley
7 Pennridge

3 Garnet Valley
6 North Penn

Semis:

1 Neshaminy
4 Coatesville

2 Perkiomen Valley
6 North Penn

Final:

4 Coatesville
6 North Penn
Does anyone know if Jake Reichwein from CB West is plying this week? He didn't play last week and it cost West the game IMO.

Best matchup of the 1st Round looks like Pennridge-Quakertown. Neighborhood rivals playing in the playoffs is always fun. Don't sleep on the Perk Valley-Penn Wood game in terms of games that could be fun to watch.

Kind of cool to have the neighbors meeting in the playoffs; throw out the records in rivalry games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT