ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 6A Playoffs

HSFB99

Oct 4, 2020
Does anyone have a link to the current playoff standings? Any outlook on how this week’s games may affect them? I’m trying to get a feel for first round match-ups. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. Cheers.

Only really one impactful game at the top this week in District 1 - DEast vs D West has obvious major seeding implications. Assuming East wins, the early top 8 could be something like the following.

1. CB West
2. D East
3. Spring-ford
4. Souderton
5. CB South
6. D West
7. Perk Valley
8. Garnet Valley

HSF -

It looks that way with Neshaminy at 16 and Pennsbury at 17. I'm not sure, though, if there aren't some combinations of wins and losses by other teams that could take the winner out regardless of the victory (I haven't dug in as it's been a rather forgettable season for Langhorne).

HSF -

It looks that way with Neshaminy at 16 and Pennsbury at 17. I'm not sure, though, if there aren't some combinations of wins and losses by other teams that could take the winner out regardless of the victory (I haven't dug in as it's been a rather forgettable season for Langhorne).
Skinner Man. The Skins are one of the greatest surprises to me this year returning a nice core on offense (at least 3 lineman +skill) and most of the D. Typically that gets you to a 8-2 level. But, it happens; things doen't always work out. Is there a coaching issue? Good luck at PBS. Looks like an even game.
In other areas, my gunner bud upgraded from a horrible pea-shooter to a decent ccw, getting a used Glock 42. Shoots nice.
Ok Skinner, I'm outta here, heading up the road to meet up with the inbred biker cousins for CD-Harrisburg. I'm over that stuff and go to keep them out of trouble! Should be one hell of a game unless the burg jumps em early.

PJP beating SF was impressive. They’ll be tough in D1 4A.

1. CB West
2. D East
3. Souderton
4. CB South
5. Spring-ford
6. D West
7. Perk Valley
8. Garnet Valley

Reactions: Stalker
CORRECTION: it appears SF may be the 4 seed and CB South the 5. It appears they are tied with points; I am not sure what the tie breaker is.

It looks like there will be some nice Round 1 match ups. The one that jumps out to me is Spring Ford (5) vs Coatesville (12). SF was just upset by PJP 28-27. SF scored with almost no time remaining and failed on their 2 point conversion. Since 2012, SF has consistently come up short in the playoffs. I thought this year would be different, but that last game gives me major hesitation.

If I am reading this right, a CBW-GV rematch looms in round 2 if both teams take care of business.

Last edited:
Assuming CBW & GV win their 1st rd matchups, that 2nd round matchup is very intriguing. A little rivalry has been born out of these two schools. Would be the 5th time in the past 3 years they’ve met (GV 4-1 with CBW winning this year)

Good luck to all the teams. Hoping for a good playoffs!

Assuming CBW & GV win their 1st rd matchups, that 2nd round matchup is very intriguing. A little rivalry has been born out of these two schools. Would be the 5th time in the past 3 years they’ve met (GV 4-1 with CBW winning this year)

Good luck to all the teams. Hoping for a good playoffs!
GV currently leads it 3-1, won the 2021 playoff game, twice in 2022 (week 0 and D1 final, then West winning in week 0 this year. That's an interesting potential matchup but there are a bunch of others too in the second round if the seeds hold. First round CB South vs Coatesville will be an interesting matchup.

CB West & D East appear to be the favorites to take D1. Not clear if they’re in different brackets.

When are the official brackets out?

I think CBW will handle Cheltenham, but it could be an interesting game. Cheltenham has athletes all over the field and a very talented QB. I don’t see cheltenham stopping CBW ground game at all, but I do think this may be the first real test for CBW defensive backfield. Also, cheltenham has played a tough schedule (Roman, Wilson, PV, etc) so they won’t be intimidated.

Again, I think West will handle them but it may be more interesting than a typical 1-16 matchup.

I think CBW will handle Cheltenham, but it could be an interesting game. Cheltenham has athletes all over the field and a very talented QB. I don’t see cheltenham stopping CBW ground game at all, but I do think this may be the first real test for CBW defensive backfield. Also, cheltenham has played a tough schedule (Roman, Wilson, PV, etc) so they won’t be intimidated.

Again, I think West will handle them but it may be more interesting than a typical 1-16 matchup.
McCloud is Cheltenhams real threat. IMO West will win by 3 scores. Coaching will come into play . West will grind them down .

Reactions: Concretechuck
Yep, Bucks West should be the less competitive out of all the other SOL games. I see some real battles with the other four games. It should also give us an idea of league play. Looks like lots of parity this year outside of West and DT East. You also can’t discount GV either as they have been so dominant the last 3 years.

Reactions: lilromeo

Definitely much more talent than you'd expect in a 16 seed. They only got into the playoffs because the Abington suspended game was declared a win. I assume Abington agreed to that at some point. They've played a tough schedule but didn't have a break-through win. Probably the most comparable game would have been against Plymouth-Whitemarsh and their running attack. P-W ran for a bunch of yards in that game and scored 42. (Quakertown shut out P-W) Upper Moreland was a win but not in impressive fashion. The other side of the coin is that with injuries on defense, West is a bit depleted on that side of the ball, especially in the secondary. Cheltenham will need to hit some big plays, because West's run game is not going to get shut down. West ran for 3163 yards on the season, with two 1000 yard rushers.

CB South / Coatesville is a great matchup. Coatesville will sell out to stop the run... I still think South gets past them.

Reactions: lilromeo and HSFB99
I’ll take Coatesville. I’ve been banging the drum that the SOL was really down this year (I certainly may be wrong). I think Ortega is a great coach. I see them beating CB South and giving SF all they can handle in round 2. I wouldn’t surprised to see them win both.

Reactions: bucksftball
I’ll take Coatesville. I’ve been banging the drum that the SOL was really down this year (I certainly may be wrong). I think Ortega is a great coach. I see them beating CB South and giving SF all they can handle in round 2. I wouldn’t surprised to see them win both.
CB South has looked real good. I expect a close
One. Agreed, South will run it and Coates likes to sling it.

NP and SF should be interesting as North Penn isn’t the typical Knights team but they have like a 4 game streak going on. Souderton should beat Pennsbury but Rock, which Pennsbury beat, was a tight one. I suspect they could go either way. Garnet is expected to roll like the Bucks.

Reactions: bucksftball

They have athletes especially McLeod, Ingram. He was the offense vs Wilson with a 89 scoop and score and a 81 punt return in 40-26 loss G-3 at West Lawn.
Wilson doesn't have a strong ground game beyond the quarterback (+500yds). Team had 114ry plus Qb Hunsicker with easy open throws getting behind them for 21 of 27 292; 74 and 34 Tds, plus rush Tds of 7, 8 and 25. Chelt had 148 passing (4/12) and 84 rushing on 28 carries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT