ADVERTISEMENT

D1 4a

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Anyone have any insight into this game? Pope John Paul @ Interboro. Only info I know about the teams is what I read online after they play. Interboro seems to have a big time back that's chasing the Delco rushing record. Couple of games over 300 yards this year. And all I really know about PJP is that they seemed to be the 1 seed in D1 for most of the year. Also they have only played 1 previous night game this year. Only lost to Perkiomen Valley by 1 score in the PAC title game. They seem to be a little more balanced than the Bucs, who like always will try to line up and run the ball down your throat all night. On paper(well news clippings at least) it seems like it could be a great one on Friday. Any predictions?

Side note.... from what I have read/gathered, there are no longer tickets that can be purchased at the field for the playoff games. Online only. Is that just a D1 thing? Piaa thing? I have talked to a couple people that dont like it at all. Any thoughts/comments?

Interboro is a tough, run the ball Delco team with Kamara being as good a back as there is in Southeast PA. He's a game breaker any time he touches it. PJP is like a Perk Valley lite with Scott Reed being the former PV HC. They will spread you out and beat you with precision passing game but run it enough to keep you honest. They have multiple guys who touch the ball so it's tough to key on any one guy. Very balanced on offense but also underrated on D. This should be a very good game. My prediction is Interboro controls the passing game of PJP by running the ball and wins 28-24.

Reactions: newport
Bucs win. Abu Kamara with another unbelievable night. Over 200 yards rushing. 4 rushing tds. 2 picks as a safety including a pick 6. With at least 1 more playoff game and the Thanksgiving Game vs Ridley left, he could realistically end up with over 3k yards rushing and 40+ tds in just this season alone. PJP was a nice team but had absolutely no answer for Kamara. One of the great individual games by a player I've seen in a playoff game

ADVERTISEMENT