ADVERTISEMENT

Cville Vs. North Penn

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Will this game be close? Even if they play on grass I believe Coatesville will win this by 21 or more. We all know about the CVille O, but Ortega's defensive game plans have been flawless. Garnet Valley hasn't been held to those kind of numbers in a long long time.
What do you guys think NP has to do to keep it close?

I use to think no way is this game tight. But NPenn appears to be turning it on a bit. What Coatesville did to a good GValley team Friday was a bit surprising. Garnet had their opportunities early as Raiders loaded the line and dared them to pass. A couple connects and they’re in it- I’d be surprised if they try the same to Knights as they can really pass and go old school ground attack. Beck will have them guessing, so it might be closer than most think. It’s at Lansdale, which is probably a swamp now which plays better for knights.

Have seen NP play twice this year and honestly they are a tough team to figure. Against my Rams we had opportunities but in the end Beck totally outcoached our young staff and against Neshaminy a few weeks ago Beck again pulled the game out with some great calls on offense and a bend but don't break defense. Coatesville has had a great run these last few years and this is supposed to be their year so i can't wait to see this game. Be there early !

Will this game really be at Crawford? The Knights couldn't play there the past few weeks, but now the field is in decent enough shape to host a District Final?

GV seemed befuddled by Coatesville’s defense. They seemed to be daring them to throw, confident in their secondary while packing it against the run.
Red Raiders will score, no matter what. Their defense has been the real story. Coach Ortega has really been keeping offenses honest, and getting better at it as the year goes on.

Agree with MP and Sub1, CV's defense will be able to stop NP, they have been very consistent. NP will not be able to stop the high octane offense of Coach Cantafio.

100% chance this will be played at Crawford. Its the only type of defense CV hasn't had to deal with. NP is probably watering the field right now.

The best team will win: CV 42-14

Reactions: PastorZack
Agree with MP and Sub1, CV's defense will be able to stop NP, they have been very consistent. NP will not be able to stop the high octane offense of Coach Cantafio.

100% chance this will be played at Crawford. Its the only type of defense CV hasn't had to deal with. NP is probably watering the field right now.

The best team will win: CV 42-14

Well, if they are watering the field today, it will be frozen on Thanksgiving and most of the day Friday.

PIAA District 1 Board members and officials need to take a look at what I'm sure is happening and put a stop to it and play it at a neutral field.

I'm going to say Coatesville wins 42-17, but if I'm wrong I'll hedge on it being more lopsided. I thought Garnet Valley & their unique offense would do some damage against the Red Raiders but nobody has all year.

Apparently Crawford Stadium as of yesterday was a swamp. With Freezing temps on there way it looks like the field will not dry out. It would be a shame if this game is played on a sub par surface. If this game is played there District 1 should be embarrassed. They can rent out Villinova, and Temple for Basketball but will hose football and have a championship game at a crap facility. I am a West Guy so I can't complain because it worked out for us and we still couldn't get it done, but this is ridiculous that a Championship game isn't played on a neutral site.

I’m hearing there is discussion to play at Pennridge. Time will tell, I suppose.

Well, wherever they choose to play it, they better have the stands for a capacity crowd. Coatesville family, friends, and fans all travel very well.

Will this game be close? Even if they play on grass I believe Coatesville will win this by 21 or more. We all know about the CVille O, but Ortega's defensive game plans have been flawless. Garnet Valley hasn't been held to those kind of numbers in a long long time.
What do you guys think NP has to do to keep it close?

Just so you know, Coatesville DC(former SJP coach), I believe is calling that D. If u look closely u will see many similarities between what Coatesville does on D and SJP

Just so you know, Coatesville DC(former SJP coach), I believe is calling that D. If u look closely u will see many similarities between what Coatesville does on D and SJP

You would be correct, EJ Moyer is the LB coach and DC in the booth. He and Matt communicate. Ortega makes all the DB calls though.

Well, wherever they choose to play it, they better have the stands for a capacity crowd. Coatesville family, friends, and fans all travel very well.
Plenty of room at Pennridge - in fact seating capacity is one of the main reasons the game's there and not at Wissahickon. Home side and visitor side bleachers are basically goal line to goal line. Parking isn't the best so get there early!

Reactions: PastorZack
btm, Thanks for the info on the D assistant from Coatesville. I know Ortega has a great history of bringing in good coaches to help out. Ortega has a knack for surrounding himself with good football guys. This is the first I have heard of this Moyer guy. What years was he at St Joe's?

I believe 2014-2015...he teaches in Dtown school district, coaches baseball at Malvern Prep and coaches football at Cville.

Never heard of him and I know a lot of CM coaches. What was his title at SJP? Couldn’t find his name. If he was there for awhile, he may have inside information. Secret weapon!!

Never heard of him and I know a lot of CM coaches. What was his title at SJP? Couldn’t find his name. If he was there for awhile, he may have inside information. Secret weapon!!
Had no ideas either about a SJP coach at Coates. Could it be why they were completely loaded the last couple? Are they learning to bring in some players like the Prep as done so well?

He was on their staff for one year, 2014, left after 1 year and joined Coatesville. He's meet with Infanti on many occasions as it pertains to defense

Had no ideas either about a SJP coach at Coates. Could it be why they were completely loaded the last couple? Are they learning to bring in some players like the Prep as done so well?
When he coached football at Malvern he was a great recruiter! lol

Plenty of room at Pennridge - in fact seating capacity is one of the main reasons the game's there and not at Wissahickon. Home side and visitor side bleachers are basically goal line to goal line. Parking isn't the best so get there early!

Pennridge is a nice new facility, see the photo. For anyone traveling early to the game, I recommend stopping at Free Will Brewing Company in town, very good local craft beer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rg55hqUrzwSsVQQw6

Btm, thanks for the information. Seems like you know him well. Should help CV if they end up playing SJP.

Good idea Relayer, will get there early.

Yep. Hopefully this former Prep coach can stop his old team in the finals. Figures that they have a defensive genius on staff to complement Coach Cantafio. The rich get richer.....

I spoke with some of my friends at prep. Moyer was the film guy for one year. Not even a position coach.

I spoke with some of my friends at prep. Moyer was the film guy for one year. Not even a position coach.
Oh did you? That would be 100% incorrect! Now maybe you have it wrong and they said he broke down a lot of film? He coached the linebackers

Oh did you? That would be 100% incorrect! Now maybe you have it wrong and they said he broke down a lot of film? He coached the linebackers
BTM is a straight shooter. He is in the know. Info is always spot on and the posts show that in accuracy and he's not a blogger type poster either.

BTM is a straight shooter. He is in the know. Info is always spot on and the posts show that in accuracy and he's not a blogger type poster either.
Agree with Roxy about BTM. I'm much too far away and have only been to one or two games a year in the last several years. Hoping to get to Saturday's game and maybe to Hershey--if there is a game in Hershey.

I didn’t mean to say anything negative about Coach Moyer. I’m sure he is a great coach. I spoke with someone who was around the team at that time and they said he did all the video for the team. They didn’t mention that he coached LB’s.
None of the above really matters because he is obviously doing a great job with the D. The Cville D is playing very well and creating a lot of turnovers.

Reactions: DelcoCougar69
Whoever is coaching them has had a great season. They have one of the best h.s. defenses I have ever watched, and they get relatively no press because of the offense.

Reactions: DelcoCougar69
Relayer,
Sounds like a good plan. Free Will makes great beer

Btm, thanks for the information. Seems like you know him well. Should help CV if they end up playing SJP.

Good idea Relayer, will get there early.

Might have to take a ride up Friday for a pre game gathering. The Perk is also a good spot, but probably will be crowded on this Friday. Free Will has food trucks on the weekends. Both places are a located a block apart, and a couple miles from the school.

https://www.freewillbrewing.com/perkasie

http://attheperk.com/

Reactions: MPChesco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT