ADVERTISEMENT

Cville Vs. Harrisburg

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Anyone going to this game? I have a feeling it will be a wild one. Both teams are trying to replace a lot of talent and experience. I am sure Ortega will have the D ready. Anyone have any thoughts on this game?

I think Coatesville wins by 14-17 points. Ortega and Bryant will be too much to handle on offense. Plus, like you said, I think Ortega will have his defense ready. Harrisburg has lost a lot.

Reactions: MPChesco
I think Coatesville wins by 14-17 points. Ortega and Bryant will be too much to handle on offense. Plus, like you said, I think Ortega will have his defense ready. Harrisburg has lost a lot.
This is from a write up I did recently.
They’ve sustained tremendous grad losses but the troops are believing and they look strong for the coming season. The loss of Qb Kane Everson (2472p, 925r, 36Tds) is immeasurable, but they do return RB/LBs Jahmir Plant (5-10, 190, 49 tackles), Harold O’Neal (6-0, 200, 110 tackles) and WR/DB Donte Kent (5-11, 179, 37/864p, 44 stops, 6 picks). Despite a few losses, the lines look good with a youth movement last year seeing sophomores OL/DL Nate Bruce (6-5, 300) and Lane Brannon (6-4, 305) start with freshman Tyshawn Black (5-11, 275). TE/DE standout Sa’Quan Carter-Barton (6-2, 230, 55 tackles) also returns. They have a decent core with many from 2nd units back after extensive pt. The big question is a quarterback replacing Everson.

Reactions: MPChesco
H-burg in a close one. I think they will run the rock behind that huge line and pass just enough to keep CV offense off the field.

H-burg in a close one. I think they will run the rock behind that huge line and pass just enough to keep CV offense off the field.
Curious game but feel the Burg has too little offense (new parts) for PCC and that they may in fact help CC's vanilla offense with a few TOs leading to pts. Who the heck knows. Love seeing a competitive game that would benefit both teams down line.

Reactions: Soup13 and MPChesco
“D”’Ortega will be ready for them. This was the game Red Raiders were waiting for.

CASH by 14.
Amen Sub1, we got to know him pretty well doing the District 3 circuit, being a Steelton guy and accomplishing great things at York High. He's a special talent. And, I doubt there is another team with a stronger revenge motive than them.

I agree with Stalk however I believe this will be a tight game with the deciding factors will be Ortega’s defense and Son.

H-burg drove the field, scored TD, wife texted, next thing I know, no TD and H-burg punting from there 40! 0-0. C-Ville driving.

H-burg drove the field, scored TD, wife texted, next thing I know, no TD and H-burg punting from there 40! 0-0. C-Ville driving.

There’s speed and skill all over this field, but the theme tonight is flying yellow flags. It’s tough to watch.

Big return by Bryant inside the ten, nice play by Ortega making the end miss on the read option - and TREMENDOUS block by #9 on the edge to spring him for the touchdown. Bad snap on the extra point, 14-6 Harrisburg.

Will be interesting to see how Coatesville bounces back at Cumberland Valley in two weeks. CV had a nice 21-7 win over McDevitt.

Soup with the call. Agree w Relayer, CV is always tough, as they will be this year.

When you play good teams with good athletes, they make you make mistakes, especially in August. Sounds like it was a tough one to watch, but both of these teams will be contenders for state title once again.

Soup with the call. Agree w Relayer, CV is always tough, as they will be this year.

When you play good teams with good athletes, they make you make mistakes, especially in August. Sounds like it was a tough one to watch, but both of these teams will be contenders for state title once again.

**** Here are some thoughts from my post season writeup of a few weeks ago:
Cumberland Valley (3-7)
Cumberland Valley will try to rebound from their first losing season since 2006 and only their third such occurrence in over 30 years. Despite a well-earned reputation as one of the top programs in the state, you didn’t need any head scratching to realize they just weren’t that good last year. Ok, the schedule was brutal but it always is. The difference being that last year saw all the bad boys (all having very good editions) line up on consecutive Fridays and Saturdays with arguably the most difficult opening slate in the state, beginning with Harrisburg-McDevitt (13-2, 21-48 loss), then three road games at Central York (8-3, 14-31), Coatesville (15-1, 19-35) and Central Dauphin (9-4, 7-37) before getting home for Harrisburg (14-2, 0-45). Add in a rebuilt program at Chambersburg (7-4, 14-28 loss) for an unheard of 0-6 start for the Eagles. This year’s squad should rebound from that with a D core of 8 returning starters including senior DLs Chase Myers, 6-1, 290) and Wyatt Claypool (6-2, 225). LB Derik Sauve, (6-0, 190, jr) is back with DE Anthony Fye (6-1, 225) and SS Max Dell’Anno (6-3, 200, sr). Jack Istvan (5-8, 165, sr), Gavin Conklin (5-9, 175, jr) and S Logan Ramper (6-2, 190, sr) fill out the secondary. The offense returns 4 starters at HB, SE, OL and TE. Both sides will miss TE/DE Stone Huffman (6-2, 225, 39 stops). They face the same schedule this year as last with the difference being their veteran defense and a number of those opponents rebuilding….plus a whole bunch of attitude.

Cumberland Valley has Coatesville’s number since the Jon Ritchie days. Let’s see if the Red Raiders coaching staff can help the kids pull it together against the Eagles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT