ADVERTISEMENT

Conwell-Egan

BucksFB

Aug 30, 2016
Egan played NG tough last night losing late 20-13 at Truman. District site shows Egan in third place and qualifying for playoffs. However, LC has a better PCL record, not sure how that works, I thought league winner by class went, maybe not in a sub-regional format? Egan is well coached and with Garwo could be a tough out in 3A. Anyone know for sure?

http://www.districtscores.com/index.php/piaa-d1-4a-1a-football/

LC will be the PCL rep and #4 seed. See the asterisk explanation at the top.

I checked out some of the brackets on eastern pa football and they have the 3A D1/12 subregion starting in two weeks. So all 4 teams will have a bye next weekend?

Egan is getting hosed. Does the PUB get 2 teams in? Kipp just lost to the School of the Future.

Last edited:
Just read that Egan is in as the 3rd seed. Wouldn't make sense to have both PUB teams get in since they just played a PUB 3A title game yesterday.

Looks like C-E vs NHS and SotF vs LC as it should be.

Yeah, very confusing. C-E should eat NHS, as they blew them out in season and I think they beat LC this time if they advance. Not sure what SotF has..

CE and NHS wait a week to play, while LC and Future will play a D-12 title game this week and then play again the following week in the subregional. The winner of the game this week has no bearing on things next week. the subregional is separate from this D-12 title game. just funny that two teams will play in back-to-back weeks.

I expect LC to win twice and CE to win next week. That rematch could.should be a good game.

That is really dumb to play the same game two weeks in a row. Just play once for all the marbles.

Interesting story from yesterday's D-1 seeding meeting. A D-1 rep contested both C-E/LC making the 3A subregional over Kipp Charter. LC was 5th in power points system, but won the auto berth from the PCL because they finished (3-3) league, while CE went (2-4). Each league dictates how they choose their rep. The PCL uses the RS standings for the 3A spot, the PUB plays a title game, and D-1 uses the point system. Then, the D-1 power points system seeds these three teams and a 4th team for the subregional tourney. I'm pretty sure this is all spelled out someplace and makes perfect sense to me. However, this guy really fought to exclude C-E. Why would a D-1 guy fight so hard for KIPP Charter, a D-12 team? Maybe, because he was trying to make sure NHS had the least resistant/best chance possible? C-E did wax NHS earlier this year. That's exactly what his motivation was here. By the way, D-12 officials (PUB & PCL, alike), were in agreement that both C-E/LC were going to subregional based on the rules set-up. The KIPP team knew if they loss their PUB title game that they were more than likely out. Yet, this guy really went to bat for a team he doesn't even oversee.

Hear you.. I don’t know the D1 guys motivation and hope it is just misunderstanding of the rules. Seems more than that but I can’t read the guys mind. I wish I knew what my wife was thinking half the time, but I don’t....

Reactions: Relayer
Hear you.. I don’t know the D1 guys motivation and hope it is just misunderstanding of the rules. Seems more than that but I can’t read the guys mind. I wish I knew what my wife was thinking half the time, but I don’t....

Don't we all. It would make life a whole lot easier. If I ever uncover this (I won't) then I'll be sure to share :)

Huck - I expect New Hope to keep the game tighter this time around. But CEC should pull away at some point. Then they get LC in a revenge game. Which I think CEC takes as well. Do you think this team can make a run at playing in the state title?

They have played much better the past few weeks. They are young but improving and taking care of the football. Which has been a huge issue over the past two seasons.

Last edited:
I agree dada22, I think Egan moves on from LC, except I don't think the NHS game will be that close. Palisades will be tough, but if Egan can eliminate the turnovers which have plagued them and Garwo stays healthy it should be fun. Scranton Prep would be the favorite from the bottom bracket after Palisades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT