ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats North Penn

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
Good luck to Knights and was glad to see Cville battle to the end. I think most who attended were frustrated on the number of penalties called on both sides. Great catching up Relayer. Been a few years. WNPV/Kyle you guys are homers!

officiating was ridiculous. Officials have to learn that people aren't coming out on a Friday night to see them!

Reactions: lilromeo
This is the first time I've seen Coatesville.
Ortega and both Young's are absolute studs. A lot of trickery in the play calling tonight. Very bright future for Coatesville!

Great win by NP over a very talented Coatesville team. It's ashame that the game was totally ruined by inept officiating. Three hours for a high school football game and over 200 yards in penalties. Wow. No tempo to game cause every other play was a penatly. On a side note why pay officials to run the chains? More often than not mistakes happening. Let an experienced crew that always does it stay on through playoffs.

See you at Crawford next Friday!

Yea, this game was ugly. Very disappointing, went in expecting a classic and it fell way short of expectations. Great to see CL1, hope to do it again soon.

officiating was ridiculous. Officials have to learn that people aren't coming out on a Friday night to see them!
It seems that the refs at all levels have this disease. They also ruined the Prep/ Wood game and several others telecast on the game of the week. Ridiculous.

Reactions: UptownVike
The refs completely lost control of this game. Absolutely no excuse. Some of the worst officiating in high school I have seen. I was sitting with a friend from another district who works for another school and they said the same thing. Credit to North Penn for getting the job done. I don't blame them for reaching their boiling point the way the refs were calling that game. Coatesville will be very good next year.

Yes congrats to North Penn, first time seeing them - they are very impressive and well deserved win, fortunately the officiating didn't impact the result...but oh my gosh the officiating!!! Worst I've ever seen, ridiculous amount of penalties, endless discussions after each flag. Chain crew were terrible. Then completely lost control at the end of the game. Would hope someone was watching that game and be in the position to never allow that crew to work a playoff game again!

Congrats to the Knights.

And continued success on a go-forward as they wave the SOL flag along with their own.

Who had GV at NP for the D1 Final? Can GV pull off 3 big upsets (on paper) on the road? Can the Knights slow down the GV QB and that stellar running game? It will be interesting!

GV may or may no get blown out, regardless, how about a little more respect for the Central League than this board normally gives.

Some officials just don't get it. At this time year you are typically going to have two good teams playing. Just call the obvious. Stop looking to make judgement calls on every third play. Let the kids settle it. Simple rule of thumb. Call the penalties that the entire stadium sees -- offsides, delays, too many men, blatant late hit, defender being tackled for world to see, etc. You start looking for stuff and this is what happens.

If the teams aren't competitive with each other then the penalties won't matter anyway. So, no need to have a heavy whistle here either.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the Burrs getting a fair whistle today in the middle of Bumblef*ck.

Tough to prepare for that offense however np has seen similar type offense 3 years back in pennsbury double wing, motion and counters. Problem is if gv falls behind early, no passing game to speak of as was the problem for pennsbury late in games vs np. Credit to gv for keeping PC passing game in check. Can they do the same Fri night?

Yes congrats to North Penn, first time seeing them - they are very impressive and well deserved win, fortunately the officiating didn't impact the result...but oh my gosh the officiating!!! Worst I've ever seen, ridiculous amount of penalties, endless discussions after each flag. Chain crew were terrible. Then completely lost control at the end of the game. Would hope someone was watching that game and be in the position to never allow that crew to work a playoff game again!

I ref other sports and almost always back the officials but last night was indefensible.
Knowing other sports, I have two theories. One, the assignor gave the game to his old cronies, the old boy network. The other thought, I'm wondering if these guys were from another district, like District Three or District 11. I've seen this happen in hoops where other districts complain about not getting big games so they are thrown a bone.

All the refs were north of 50, some way north. If you're going to do big time games, then you better be in shape. Almost all of them were way overweight, no excuse. The head ref was heavy and lethargic and he reffed that way. The ref watching line play couldn't move either and got clocked on one play.
What was the deal at the end of the first quarter? After every flag, five guys would meet to discuss the flag. A hold is a hold, mark it off and get the game going, no need to meet.
Spots were wrong, flags were thrown and then picked up and the chain gang was beyond horrendous.

With so few games last night, the best crews should have been working but sadly they weren't. You can't have an entire crews of out of shape old guys who can't run or keep up, inexcusable.

Sorry for the rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT