ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats DT West

d1football1

Mar 26, 2009
Milano called an excellent game, and his players executed it. Let's hope they head to Hershey in a few weeks.

CVille: What a run. Incredible. Ortega and Bryant are winners. Special football players. Might take a step back next year but they won't be down for long.

Congrats to both coaches, communities and programs-it's why we love living in Downingtown.

ditto d1..impressive run by coatesville last several years. Out coached tonight i thought DTW offense so much mor multiple than coatesville..actually run plays..ran trap option, quick passing game, play action etc. Beautiful time consuming 4th quarter drive, very smart play calling..inverted wishbone, qb keep when needed. Frankly i thought NP gave DTW a better game.

#54 from Cville played one heck of a game from the middle of the DL. Sorry to see #10 go out like that; tough kid to get back on the field at the end.

West trusting #18 and #6 in the passing game late was gutsy and they didn’t disappoint. #32 played really well and could develop into a special player.

Coach Milano has taken a long difficult journey to get to where he is now. No silver spoon in his past.
Blue collar back ground with great support to even become a high school coach.
Much respect and admiration.
Congratulations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fletchster1
Right here buddy. What do you need? I caught your act. Trying to say North Penn is better than Coatesville. No one is buying tickets to your show. North Penn was a great program. With the young talent they have, they will be again. However, over the last 2 years, they would have finished 3rd and 4th respectively in the Chestmont. Coach Beck does a great job with the offense, but their defense is no longer fundamentally sound. They cant stop the run because they are unsound and Lbs appear not to read anything? Over the last 4 years, Coatesville has been a better program than North Penn. Fact! So if Coatesville's coaching staff blows, you can read between the lines of your beloved Knights. Better times ahead though Dick!

Reactions: 4i tech
Not my O Coordinator. I'm an old Inter-Ac Catholic League guy. I just live in Chester County and in watching the last 3 years thats where the best District 1 Friday night football was for the most part. A North Penn vs Neshaminy or a Haverford vs Garnet Valley pops up every now and then but a Downingtown vs Coatesville has been pure electricity from an atmosphere standpoint over the last 3 years. Only thing that rivals it was old school LaSalle vs St. Joe's.
By the way, the guy you dont think is any good will be in the PA Coaches Hall of Fame soon enough but like you've said before, you are entitled to your opinion.

Reactions: coverandmove1
Chestmont the power of D1. Sol gave that up a few years ago. Central stepping it up too. Sol close to being the patsy of D1 if it wasn’t for Pac. Sad times for us old times in Sol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT