ADVERTISEMENT

Confederate Monuments

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Whats everyone think about all the monuments tumbling down in the South? We don’t have to restart the Civil War but can take a few swings at each other. Yee-ha let her rip!

I thought the only story was Comey. And Trump's impending impeachment, of course.

I thought the only story was Comey. And Trump's impending impeachment, of course.
Very disappointing! The Founding Fathers would be startled about Trump but grief stricken with the press. The one sidedness by the Left....by any group....was a great concern and fear of theirs.
That they don't care about this basic principle of our democracy in light of how often and inappropriately they demonstrate and speak about rights is telling.

I for one am not offended by any confederate monuments it is part of our history. Now I am not black or southern and my people were not even over here yet when the civil what was going on so I gues I have no skin in the game but the simple fact that history is history

I
I for one am not offended by any confederate monuments it is part of our history. Now I am not black or southern and my people were not even over here yet when the civil what was going on so I gues I have no skin in the game but the simple fact that history is history

I don’t think you have to be Black or Southern sammy to be emotionally connected to the issue. If it was about a certain group, and of course in today’s politically charged times it is, you’d think the North would be outraged over events appearing to romanticize or elevate anything "Southern"….in a war where over 350,000 Northern deaths were directly attributed to the Civil War begun when the South fired on Fort Sumter.

Maybe we should destroy most of the relics in museums around the world because they offend someone….or tear down castles in Wales because they are stark reminder how the English persecuted the Welsh, since every one of them are English.

Reactions: sammyk
I'm a little lost Stalker. Sammy said he's not offended. You mention you would think the North would be outraged, but they're not..... and then you go on to say what you would do IF the previously mentioned groups were outraged.

Whats everyone think about all the monuments tumbling down in the South? We don’t have to restart the Civil War but can take a few swings at each other. Yee-ha let her rip!

All of this must be taken into context. Washington and Jefferson owned slaves. Do you take down their monuments? In records, it is known that one of Lincoln's thoughts was to resettle slaves in Central America. It would be pretty embarrassing to go after him. Sitting here in the 21st century, it is easy to pass judgement. Statues are an easy target but what do you do about something like Stone Mountain, Georgia, the South's version Mount Rushmore??

I'm a little lost Stalker. Sammy said he's not offended. You mention you would think the North would be outraged, but they're not..... and then you go on to say what you would do IF the previously mentioned groups were outraged.
Yikes Reluctant, you couldn't tell I was being facetious, tearing down castles and such?

All of this must be taken into context. Washington and Jefferson owned slaves. Do you take down their monuments? In records, it is known that one of Lincoln's thoughts was to resettle slaves in Central America. It would be pretty embarrassing to go after him. Sitting here in the 21st century, it is easy to pass judgement. Statues are an easy target but what do you do about something like Stone Mountain, Georgia, the South's version Mount Rushmore??

Right Paul, that was my point, that this can get convoluted to the degree where everything is dragged down. For whatever reason, some like to force feed today's values on yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT