ADVERTISEMENT

Coatesville Vs. Downingtown West

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Big week for D-West. If they win they clinch the league and put big pressure on Coatesville to win the following week vs D-East. If Coatesville drops the last two games they may not make the playoffs.
I don't know what to think of this game. C-ville O has not been sharp since Ortega has been hurt. The West D has been giving up yards and points. I think the key to the game is how quickly the West team adjusts to the Coatesville speed. The last three years Coatesville has swarmed them early and the games were over before the first quarter ended. Also Coatesville beat the snot out of Howard the last two years and I am sure that will be in the back of his head. On the other hand the West O has looked unstoppable all year. I hope it is a great game to watch.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

You can’t teach speed plus the coaching’s better in the Ville. Dtown West has there best team (a defense that has actually stepped up unlike all the other years) since the high schools split in the early 2000’s. If Cville doesn’t turn it over and make penalties I’ll take the Ville.

Reactions: MPChesco
Give me West 34-28. I think if there is a year to catch C'ville it's now with them being a little banged up and honestly not great in the secondary (other than Bryant). Milano knows you only get so many shots at winning a District and the best way to set yourself up is being the top seed and playing all your games at home.

If Coatesville can keep them under 30 points, I think they'll win but that's easier said than done.

Reactions: MPChesco
We'll be there tonight for this big time match-up. Whippets need to withstand the initial surge from the Red Raiders; they were good enough to overcome the early fumble against East, but the Red Raiders are on a different level.

Give me West 34-28. I think if there is a year to catch C'ville it's now with them being a little banged up and honestly not great in the secondary (other than Bryant). Milano knows you only get so many shots at winning a District and the best way to set yourself up is being the top seed and playing all your games at home.

If Coatesville can keep them under 30 points, I think they'll win but that's easier said than done.

If they stop/slow Lewis I think they win. Howard will get his but should feel real pressure for a change vis-a-vis Harrisburg-Coatesville. Much better coverage with Raiders Dbacks than previous opponents. Also, Coats not likely to gift spec team failures Dt East did, allowing KO rtn, P rtn and fum rtn'd for 3 scores. Stanley and Uggla had 128 and 154 rushing! Cicanowsky was over 100 for WC East with their backup Qb getting 148 passing when Duell went down. Dwest can win for sure if they play defense worthy of a contender vs another contender. If Coats healthy you don’t want to get into a track meet with them. Lean to Coats but don’t think it will be easy.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
If they stop/slow Lewis I think they win. Howard will get his but should feel real pressure for a change vis-a-vis Harrisburg-Coatesville. Much better coverage with Raiders Dbacks than previous opponents. Also, Coats not likely to gift spec team failures Dt East did, allowing KO rtn, P rtn and fum rtn'd for 3 scores. Stanley and Uggla had 128 and 154 rushing! Cicanowsky was over 100 for WC East with their backup Qb getting 148 passing when Duell went down. Dwest can win for sure if they play defense worthy of a contender vs another contender. If Coats healthy you don’t want to get into a track meet with them. Lean to Coats but don’t think it will be easy.
Spot on w the Lewis analysis Stalker

Nope,at home drinking the grape nectar of the Gods! Wood over Lasalle 14-7 and NP up by 7 and D-town East up by 2 tds over Shannon.

Coatesville outplayed and we’re more physical than West. Three crucial spots where West needed a yard or two to keep drives going, particularly inside 20 with less than a minute left, Your 6’ 5” QB would have gotten all three from under center, not handing the ball off 3 yds deep. Your kicker damn near puts it in the end zone every time, yet right after West takes 21-20 lead, decides to pooch kick Cville gets great field position goes down and scores.

It's funny, for the last four years I've been hearing and seeing in Chester County that it's going to be DWest year. This is the year they will beat Coatesville. Every year they come up short for one reason or another. Said it all week to people around the neighborhood in DTOWN. In order to be a Champ, you must beat a Champ. DWest came up short again and this was the best offense they have had in many years. Maybe next year....

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Congrats to Coatesville especially their defense led by the linebacker play coached by EJ “DC” Moyer and James “WildMan” Limper! Both have ties to Prep GABE and Stratz. Technique and reads! These guys should make hats Make Defense Great Again! IA Chesco King and Sub1 see u guys next week at PJs pregame next Friday night.

Congrats to Coatesville especially their defense led by the linebacker play coached by EJ “DC” Moyer and James “WildMan” Limper! Both have ties to Prep GABE and Stratz. Technique and reads! These guys should make hats Make Defense Great Again! IA Chesco King and Sub1 see u guys next week at PJs pregame next Friday night.

Will all due respect, EJ Moyer was a damn good football coach way before his stint with SJP. Not sure if you were implying that Gabe "made" him a good coach, so I apologize if I took it that way.

No favorite to win District 1 right now. Before last night, DWest looked to be the favorite and still maybe but Coatesville seems to have the Whippets number over the last 4 years. Garnet Valley and DWest will be a pain in the ass to prepare for in the playoffs. Can never count out Big Dick and as if anyone needed a reminder, dont count out the 2 time defending champs. Yes the Blue Streaks are very real and it wouldn't suprise me one bit if they were in Hershey playing the Hawks.

Reactions: Soup13 and Stalker
Will all due respect, EJ Moyer was a damn good football coach way before his stint with SJP. Not sure if you were implying that Gabe "made" him a good coach, so I apologize if I took it that way.
Saw this game last night, and West did not have any answers for this defense. They tried sweeps, and five kids met the runner before he could turn the corner. They made no gains at the line of scrimmage. West tried a few deep routes, and that didn’t work out either.
I always thought Ortega coaches the defense, but if it is this guy Moyer/Limper, major respect to him!

MDGA! See you at PJ’s 4i!

I think he meant DWest won’t make it to Hershey. I saw them against Neshaminy this year and they looked good but Neshaminy is way down. I too thought DWest’s weakness appeared that they were more a finesse type but a speedy team like Coatesville might be a bad matchup. SOL historically brought lots of physicality that Chestmont couldn’t match until Coatesville stepped it up. I don’t think West is there yet. But this would be the year for a DWest to take D1 as I don’t see that traditional SOL squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT