ADVERTISEMENT

Coatesville/DWest??

delco4life

Feb 27, 2018
Hearing that DWest was willing to play this game Sat, Sun, or Mon without fans allowed and Coatesville was non-responsive. So they couldn't secure the safety of the players during an afternoon game with no fans in attendance?? I hope for the players sake, and other D1 teams affected by possible playoff seedings, that this decision wasn't fueled by the Coatesville coaching staff issues.

Completely agree D4life!
Does this make any sense at all? There has to be more to this situation. If D-west wanted to play and nothing from Coatsville, the D-West should get the win!
Why is the HC and a few assistants on administrative leave? Too much of a coincidence to happen the same time as the bomb threat & game canceled??

Just spit-balling…top of your suggestion, couldn’t they also have moved the game to an off-site location? I’m sure it would not be too difficult to secure a field on a Sunday or Monday afternoon.

Completely agree D4life!
Does this make any sense at all? There has to be more to this situation. If D-west wanted to play and nothing from Coatsville, the D-West should get the win!
Why is the HC and a few assistants on administrative leave? Too much of a coincidence to happen the same time as the bomb threat & game canceled??
Word on the street is that a coach was housing a player(s) who lives in Philly. On top of that Ortega is in some hot water for using some not so nice language in a text exchange..... I don't believe this is the case but kind of convenient to have a safety scare the day of your biggest game of the year while missing the HC and some key assistants....

Don't think Coatesville will play another game this year, most likely will have to forfeit any wins they had this year.

Reactions: bucksftball
Big, do you say that due to the housing of a player, text exchange (who was this with?), or “locker room” incidents? Maybe a mixture of all?

Big, do you say that due to the housing of a player, text exchange (who was this with?), or “locker room” incidents? Maybe a mixture of all?
Really not sure, the first issue I heard about early last week was the housing of players from Philly, the locker room and texting issues could of just been the icing on the cake.

So I heard a ruling is due to come from the Chesmont League on Wednesday. Coatesville will be put on probation for 2 years and be ineligible to compete in any post season bowl games. They will also be fined 2 million dollars and asked to return their ineligible player back to the Catholic League, Rumor has it the player was attending classes in the city during the day and driving to Coatesville in the evening. SMH

So I heard a ruling is due to come from the Chesmont League on Wednesday. Coatesville will be put on probation for 2 years and be ineligible to compete in any post season bowl games. They will also be fined 2 million dollars and asked to return their ineligible player back to the Catholic League, Rumor has it the player was attending classes in the city during the day and driving to Coatesville in the evening. SMH
Is this real?? 2 million dollars for a fine for a Pa High school?

And what does "post season bowl games mean?"

It’s an attempt to prove a point. I get it. This is a website so rumors and opinions are welcome on sites like these and social media, etc. Working in the area I’ve heard or seem so many things that seem so outlandish and far from the truth. So maybe some of us should pump the breaks on “what we hear” as opposed to what actually has been reported.

We live in some crazy times. If any kids were living with coaches that goes too far. Not sure any coach or head coach can get over that. We all hope these are just rumors. Many years ago a Suburban One coach was suspended for changing a kids grade. My guess is that would not fly anymore either. I want to see Coatesville play as I was hearing how talented they are.

Not only living in coaches homes, but also alleged to be living in local hotel rooms. Also, CYS is also rumored to be involved because one of the kids was supposed to be home with his mom in Philadelphia for a custody visit and never showed. When she went looking for him she found out where is was " living' and spilled the beans.

Reactions: Bighead75
Ok We had a situation like that here in North Carolina at Myers Park in Charlotte. They had a house that was rented in district that housed kids from out of district and out of state. It was crazy. Guys to win now you will see more creative ways to get kids out of your district into your district. Sign of the times. And watching Coatsville's hudl they have some serious talent

Reactions: Bighead75
Any update on the Coatesville situation? Lots of rumors tossed around early in the week, making serious penalties seem imminent, but radio silence since...

* Is tomorrow's game still on?
* Have the missing coaches returned to the team this week?
* Have any players been declared ineligible?
* Are forfeits/further cancellations still on the table?
* Are any of the previous rumors of Philly players even true?
* Are there any known official investigations underway?

Reactions: bucksftball
According to the Daily Local, Ortega and the two assistants were put on Administrative leave. It never specified for how long.

Noticed on the District 1 website football rankings that Coatesville now has a forfeit loss to WC Rustin (previously a 38-7 win) in a game that was played before the D West cancellation. Can anyone shed light on the specific reason for the forfeit? Obviously it would appear related to the coaches being placed on administrative leave. Kind of hard to believe the "threat" and subsequent cancellation was completely coincidental to whatever else was going on.

Reactions: d1football1
Noticed on the District 1 website football rankings that Coatesville now has a forfeit loss to WC Rustin (previously a 38-7 win) in a game that was played before the D West cancellation. Can anyone shed light on the specific reason for the forfeit? Obviously it would appear related to the coaches being placed on administrative leave. Kind of hard to believe the "threat" and subsequent cancellation was completely coincidental to whatever else was going on.
PAPREPLIVE said that they self-reported an ineligible player and received the forfeit. So he only played in one game?

Makes sense that there is more to this story, but one never knows in 2022.

NOTE: Phoenixville-PJP experienced a threat that shifted their game to this morning.

Reactions: 705 Hood
Bucks, I had the same reaction. What kid plays in one game? Was he “dressed” for the other games? If he was dressed and on the sideline, but never entered the game, does that still count as using an ineligible player? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but the lack of effort some of these reporters/newspapers is sad. How are there still virtually no details on this situation that has been ongoing for several weeks now?

All of this makes the cancellation of the DWest game seem like it was to avoid a) a game without Ortega on sidelines, b) possibly having to forfeit that game while they were figuring out the ineligibility status of the player. I find it hard to believe that they needed an ineligible player to beat Rustin. So what other games did he play in? Bad look for Coatesville but ultimately, it doesn't affect them as much as it REALLY helps Rustin. They now go from a middle of the pack 5A team to a #3 seed.

Reactions: 705 Hood
Bucks, I had the same reaction. What kid plays in one game? Was he “dressed” for the other games? If he was dressed and on the sideline, but never entered the game, does that still count as using an ineligible player? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but the lack of effort some of these reporters/newspapers is sad. How are there still virtually no details on this situation that has been ongoing for several weeks now?
If he doesn’t actually play, then it does not count. Years ago, Easton had a situation where a wrestlers weight certification was somehow messed up and he was ineligible to wrestle. He was a senior on the team who wasn’t anywhere close to the starting lineup, but he got to wrestle against two terrible teams who they beat by 50+. When he was deemed ineligible, Easton had to forfeit those two duals, but not any match that he appeared didn’t appear in. I’m assuming maybe a similar situation here?

You ladies (including 4itech) are like a cackly sewing circle.
I hope you're not referring to my comment. I'm just pointing out what we're all thinking. Asking the obvious question of why use an ineligible player for 1 game especially a game that they should win easily. Since no one knows (or most likely won't find out) who the player is, we will never really know the truth. I'm a Ches-Mont fan but I gotta call it like I see it

I hope you're not referring to my comment. I'm just pointing out what we're all thinking. Asking the obvious question of why use an ineligible player for 1 game especially a game that they should win easily. Since no one knows (or most likely won't find out) who the player is, we will never really know the truth. I'm a Ches-Mont fan but I gotta call it like I see it
It’s quite easy to find out as almost all the games are on video. The will to do the right thing and provide transparency is most likely the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT