ADVERTISEMENT

Coatesville 28 Pennsbury 6

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
Snyder's Falcons are not ready to play with elite of District 1 just yet. Running hybrid Wing-T/Flex-bone (double wings w/motion, upright/deeper FB, SE w/short split - same formation all 39 plays, IIRC), offense was about as productive as early last year, gaining only 83 yards (on 36 plays) before scoring on final drive against Red Raiders' second unit D. FB G. Mulbah finished with 15 carries for 57 yards. QB Shane McGurrin was 3 of 6 for 93 yards. One play after Mulbah's 69-yard TD run was called back for downfield holding (and subsequent unsportsmanlike, apparently on Snyder), McGurrin hit WB Nate Beighley wide open on blown coverage for 76-yard TD on PHS's final offensive play. Defensively, PHS forced 3-and-out punt on first drive, but CHS QB Susi followed that up with two long read-option TD runs later in 1st quarter. A long 2nd quarter TD pass from Susi where WR caught comeback, turned outside and outran D made it 21-0 at half. A long 3rd quarter drive and short TD run made it 28-0.

Coatesville was overall too big and fast for Pennsbury to contend with. Should get better sense of where Falcons fall in District 1 pecking order after Tennent and CR South in weeks 2 and 3.

Reactions: McShittty
Snyder's Falcons are not ready to play with elite of District 1 just yet. Running hybrid Wing-T/Flex-bone (double wings w/motion, upright/deeper FB, SE w/short split - same formation all 39 plays, IIRC), offense was about as productive as early last year, gaining only 83 yards (on 36 plays) before scoring on final drive against Red Raiders' second unit D. FB G. Mulbah finished with 15 carries for 57 yards. QB Shane McGurrin was 3 of 6 for 93 yards. One play after Mulbah's 69-yard TD run was called back for downfield holding (and subsequent unsportsmanlike, apparently on Snyder), McGurrin hit WB Nate Beighley wide open on blown coverage for 76-yard TD on PHS's final offensive play. Defensively, PHS forced 3-and-out punt on first drive, but CHS QB Susi followed that up with two long read-option TD runs later in 1st quarter. A long 2nd quarter TD pass from Susi where WR caught comeback, turned outside and outran D made it 21-0 at half. A long 3rd quarter drive and short TD run made it 28-0.

Coatesville was overall too big and fast for Pennsbury to contend with. Should get better sense of where Falcons fall in District 1 pecking order after Tennent and CR South in weeks 2 and 3.
Completely agree on your assessment! If the Falcons score on the first drive after an impressive 3 & out w/ great field position, I think game could have been closer. Momentum has such impactful results!! Coatsville had a considerable size advantage and the speed was no joke!
QB for Coatsville is a tough kid, at the end of 1st half last 2 plays he was blown up 2X’s as the ball was released. For him to stay in pocket after the first sandwich tells me why he is going to Fighting Irish Next year! Kudos to him!
Next week will tell all Falcon fans were we stand!

Completely agree on your assessment! If the Falcons score on the first drive after an impressive 3 & out w/ great field position, I think game could have been closer. Momentum has such impactful results!! Coatsville had a considerable size advantage and the speed was no joke!
QB for Coatsville is a tough kid, at the end of 1st half last 2 plays he was blown up 2X’s as the ball was released. For him to stay in pocket after the first sandwich tells me why he is going to Fighting Irish Next year! Kudos to him!
Next week will tell all Falcon fans were we stand!
Yep would have meant a lot to go up 7-0 first drive.

Susi is very good and yes quite tough.

Would be nice to put an old school Ground and Pound beating on Tennent next week, but I will settle for a solid performance and a W.

Reactions: McShittty
ADVERTISEMENT