ADVERTISEMENT

Christie and Paul

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
Have the measles. Am I wrong but did they not just come out and say something that was anti vaccine

Geez, I thought I had the measles there for a second.

This whole issue about Christie's statement about vaccines is what is wrong with American politics. I am in no way a Christie fan. I think he's a load mouth narcissist, unfit for higher office. But he got caught pandering to both sides on this issue. Say what you believe, not the politically correct thing to say. Granted there is a small group of the population that believe vaccines have a connection with some mental growth issues but he vaccinated his children. They all do it. In 2008 during the campaign, both Obama and Hillary said the exact same thing that Christie said about the "autism" issue. Say what you mean, not what you think the American public wants to hear. Be honest about it.

Sammy, they did make some statements that maybe were not well done, but the bigger issue was that the media tried to subsequently make this a left/right issue with the right being anti-vaccine and the left being pro-vaccine.

However, the lid was blown off that story when further investigation revealed that in many liberal enclaves, including Santa Monica, California and Marin County, California, less than 50% of kids get the vaccine. Of course, many people who can't think for themselves took the bait and parroted the story, including some financial guys on CNBC on Friday.

Amazing how much influence the media has over some people. Of course, this influence might go down a little after the Brian Williams lie about having been shot down in 2003 in Iraq, a separate topic which we should discuss more on this site. The drive-by media is being shown more and more to be fraudulent and so pro-left (not to mention complete egomaniacs), that they have absolutely zero credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT