ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Bleich Receives Penn State Offer

backer-U.

Mar 18, 2016
IMG Offensive Tackle Chris Bleich , formerly of Wyoming Valley West picked up his Third scholarship offer this past Wednesday from Coach Franklin and staff as Bleich visited spring practice. The 6'6", 310 lb. Sophomore should be considered a strong Penn State lean.

Really who cares he goes to a scam of a school IMG Academy if he would of stayed local he would have gotten just as many offers. People don't get it, if your good enough schools will find you as far as I'm concerned who cares he is a sellout and could of helped his local team

Really who cares he goes to a scam of a school IMG Academy if he would of stayed local he would have gotten just as many offers. People don't get it, if your good enough schools will find you as far as I'm concerned who cares he is a sellout and could of helped his local team

Yeah, people don't. He'll play against tougher competition in a week's worth of practices at IMG than he would have EVER got in a whole season at his old HS. School is to prepare the youth. Not a local "Johnny Rah Rah" place for old farts to relive past glories or do-overs for their youth eff-ups. IMG's not in PA and they're not competing for any public school state title. Hundreds of thousands of kids attend prep school all over the USA every day. Who cares where he goes as long as I'm not paying for it?

Also, call me crazy but his family pays school taxes. They should be there for him if he wants to attend...not the other way around.

In the USA it's "of, by, and for the people" not "of, by and for the gov't".

Not about " offers " sir. That's not an issue ! This kid seeks out the highest level of competition in his training and on game day. I'm sorry that you have that big fish in a small pond mentality . Thankfully those attending IMG and similar academies across the country have the guts and fortitude to accept this type challenge.

Lol, oh STFU. Big man bashing a high school kid whom he never met in person, on the internet.

Haha, get a life...

Reactions: backer-U.
Not about " offers " sir. That's not an issue ! This kid seeks out the highest level of competition in his training and on game day. I'm sorry that you have that big fish in a small pond mentality . Thankfully those attending IMG and similar academies across the country have the guts and fortitude to accept this type challenge.

That's poor values if that's the case. He should be seeking the best education he could get.

I think his old school has a pretty good reputation for academics and putting kids into school did they not have a kid go to Notre Dame a few years ago???? Staying and playing that lower competition did not seem to hurt him any. I think it is time to get rid of all sports in public schools and just have these IGM "Schools" or sports academies, I mean that is the way it seems to be going and it would save johnny tax payer some dough. I think sports should be for the best of the best if you are an average athlete you should concentrate on things like algebra and fantasy football

That's poor values if that's the case. He should be seeking the best education he could get.
OMG..... You speak of values yet you presume to know about the education offered at IMG. Well you don't so please refrain and demonstrate some "values".

OMG..... You speak of values yet you presume to know about the education offered at IMG. Well you don't so please refrain and demonstrate some "values".

Did I ever say I knew anything about their education? When the reason a 15-17 year old moves to another state/changes schools is solely based on "seeking the highest level of competition in training and game day", that's poor values. I don't blame the kid however. What kid wouldn't want to be a full time football player? I blame the parents.

Did I ever say I knew anything about their education? When the reason a 15-17 year old moves to another state/changes schools is solely based on "seeking the highest level of competition in training and game day", that's poor values. I don't blame the kid however. What kid wouldn't want to be a full time football player? I blame the parents.

When one wants to be a carpenter and has an affinity for that profession they may leave their high school for tech school. When one has an affinity for football such that being a professional is a possibility, you go to IMG, or Don Bosco, or St. Joes Prep or LaSalle. Its not rocket science and it certainly isn't poor values no matter how many misguided adults with absolutely no skin in the game happen to think so. It may actually be sound thinking. IMO, adults who question those motives may be the ones exhibiting poor values.

Reactions: lilromeo
I think his old school has a pretty good reputation for academics and putting kids into school did they not have a kid go to Notre Dame a few years ago???? Staying and playing that lower competition did not seem to hurt him any. I think it is time to get rid of all sports in public schools and just have these IGM "Schools" or sports academies, I mean that is the way it seems to be going and it would save johnny tax payer some dough. I think sports should be for the best of the best if you are an average athlete you should concentrate on things like algebra and fantasy football

Wyoming Valley West is a very good school and staying there would not have hurt him. Lets say he stays healthy and thrives at IMG, does well at PSU, and makes the show. That's a lot of "if's" but it would probably be seen as a good decision. Why did Geno Lewis leave WVW mid year? To play hoops at W-B Meyers? How did that even go through? Yeah I know they lived in W-B. Many of the other kids who transfer and get shot down by the PIAA, also establish residency. Isn't a mid-year transfer very suspicious?

Lol, oh STFU. Big man bashing a high school kid whom he never met in person, on the internet.

Haha, get a life...
No one is bashing a high school kids it's his parents decision you dope I was just making a point it doesn't not matter where you go to school if your good enough the schools will find you and possibly other kids on that team also. Look at Imhotep charter the PUB league is not the greatest competition and they have 8 or 9 D1 kids this year and they have done very well in college in the past from Imhotep so Big Kev 420 who doesn't know shit about anything keep your mouth shut you bum. I bet your one of those guys who things it's ok for all the private schools to take kids from other school districts just for athletics not for education and it's ok for private schools to get kids from jersey and basically the whole state just to win a state championship

Your no "whiz" champ.......

Wyoming Valley West is a very good school and staying there would not have hurt him. Lets say he stays healthy and thrives at IMG, does well at PSU, and makes the show. That's a lot of "if's" but it would probably be seen as a good decision. Why did Geno Lewis leave WVW mid year? To play hoops at W-B Meyers? How did that even go through? Yeah I know they lived in W-B. Many of the other kids who transfer and get shot down by the PIAA, also establish residency. Isn't a mid-year transfer very suspicious?
I've come to realize that no matter how hard you explain and reason some sorts are just venomous .

Reactions: ptomaselli
Sorry dad. But I wish your son luck at IMG/PSU.
Not the kids father , however it sickens me that you would even mention " blame the parents" as though you would presume to know what is or is not what is best for the modern day athlete. It's just terrible and this is the only forum a few of you guys post this crap. BWI , 24 7 , Fight on state , are very positive for the most part in all posts. Just please be responsible . You can disagree w/o insults of judgements.

No one is bashing a high school kids it's his parents decision you dope I was just making a point it doesn't not matter where you go to school if your good enough the schools will find you and possibly other kids on that team also. Look at Imhotep charter the PUB league is not the greatest competition and they have 8 or 9 D1 kids this year and they have done very well in college in the past from Imhotep so Big Kev 420 who doesn't know shit about anything keep your mouth shut you bum. I bet your one of those guys who things it's ok for all the private schools to take kids from other school districts just for athletics not for education and it's ok for private schools to get kids from jersey and basically the whole state just to win a state.

Lol, I know a lot more than you do. And yes were bashing the kid ya internet dork. Getting a little defensive know are we?

Central League Commish? Hahahaha, I doubt it.

Rumors are that Chris Bleich is leaving IMG and going back to WVW. No word as of yet on the why. Good luck and God bless in whatever he and his parents decide is best for him.

If true, big shot in the arm for WVW. Should be a real 5A contender in the subregional , Bleich is obviously one of the better tackles in the state.

I get the IMG appeal, but am glad for the kid and his hometown that he'll continue to compete there, if it's what he really wants.

Rumors are that Chris Bleich is leaving IMG and going back to WVW. No word as of yet on the why. Good luck and God bless in whatever he and his parents decide is best for him.
Maybe because he's a high school kid and wants to have a normal high school life. I'm glad he is coming back and is done living out his fathers dreams.

I stand by my original post to Chris' Dad on the topic, I believe since deleted?

Be careful of those snakes down there in that pro-training facility they fraudulently call a school. I said be careful what they tell you down there, they're telling similar tales to the parents of the "next" recruit, He/she who may displace your child. Not sure of the circumstances here, really doesn't matter, is not my/our business.

It's America (for now...), freedom of choice. I hope the decisions this family makes moving forward are ultimately pleasing and rewarding to both student-athlete and family.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT