ADVERTISEMENT

Chester

delcofootball1

Jul 31, 2015
In the central league- which was down this year- Chester Would be 4-6 And the fools who think Chester could play with haven or garnet- no shot. Poorly coached, poor sportsmanship and they cry race on ever call that doesn’t go their way. I was disappointed sitting on their side today. The del Val is the worst league in the state.

I figured I would give Chester a second chance and not judge them from the only game I saw vs Marple, so I made the trip to pw. Should have saved myself some gas money- same old-same old. Poorly coached (decisions and penalties are mind blowing), poor sportsmanship (I counted at least 4 totally cheap shots. Not your standard late hits) and once again- when things didn’t go their way it’s everyone else’s fault but their own. Adults teaching kids not to take responsibility is not the direction the program should be going. The head coach seems like a decent guy but he sure has surrounded himself with fools. Coaches wearing tights and receiver gloves on the sidelines like they’re ready to play instead of coach.

No wonder only one good team decided to play Chester this year. There’s absolutely no upside for programs outside of the del Val to put Chester on their schedule.

I too was at that game tonight. Chester has a solid team with a qb that will be very good in the coming years. Their technique looked solid, I give Credit to their coach. Much better than it has been in years past, but they just can’t seem to get out of their own way with the lack of discipline. Like you said bad personal fouls, I saw a punch thrown in the closing seconds of the game. And what’s worse is a scuffle broke out during the handshake and from where I was Sitting it actually looked like a Chester coach started it. (I could be wrong, old eyes) Give credit to PW they sent their kids right to the locker room

Let's be honest, most of the players on Chester come from broken families with only one parent. Fathers are nowhere to be seen. Chester's not a good school, as I believe the percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading is less than 5%. students achieving proficiency in math is less than 20%. When you're lacking education, structure and discipline, that's going to come out on a football field. Those kids have a lot going against them to try and succeed in this world. At least they have the football team to keep them out of trouble for a couple hours each day.

Reactions: Fletchster1
Let's be honest, most of the players on Chester come from broken families with only one parent. Fathers are nowhere to be seen. Chester's not a good school, as I believe the percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading is less than 5%. students achieving proficiency in math is less than 20%. When you're lacking education, structure and discipline, that's going to come out on a football field. Those kids have a lot going against them to try and succeed in this world. At least they have the football team to keep them out of trouble for a couple hours each day.
Totally disagree. There’s successful programs throughout the state with similar or worst attributes that play quality ball. To assume that most come from broken families is horrible.

Reactions: d1football1
Just watched 4 district 1 semifinal football games. 3 Of the 4 were close. 2 were lost in heartbreaking fashion. Believe it or not- No fights after the game and everyone shook hands. Figure it out chester.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT