ADVERTISEMENT

Chesmont Leaque QBs - Will Howard to Kansas State and Ricky Ortega to Villanova

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
We’ve been blessed to see some of the states best QBs play in the league over the last 20-30 years as two more recently chose college. Howard of Downingtown West is headed to Manhattan, KS and Coatesville’s Ortega staying close and playing on the mainline. Congrats.

Reactions: lilromeo
We’ve been blessed to see some of the states best QBs play in the league over the last 20-30 years as two more recently chose college. Howard of Downingtown West is headed to Manhattan, KS and Coatesville’s Ortega staying close and playing on the mainline. Congrats.
Agreed CL1....some of the best. I have Dtown West ranked high, real high again like last year when you disagreed. What do you think this year? And great news for K. State.
https://www.bringonthecats.com/2019...ting-breaking-down-the-will-howard-commitment

Agreed CL1....some of the best. I have Dtown West ranked high, real high again like last year when you disagreed. What do you think this year? And great news for K. State.
https://www.bringonthecats.com/2019...ting-breaking-down-the-will-howard-commitment
Stalk - Gentlemanly disagreements!! Agree that West should be one of the top D1 teams again. Have to tip my hat as the Whippets defense seems to be getting better over the years. It just seemed glaring visible during the tough games but definitely improved. Football will be here soon!

Stalk - Gentlemanly disagreements!! Agree that West should be one of the top D1 teams again. Have to tip my hat as the Whippets defense seems to be getting better over the years. It just seemed glaring visible during the tough games but definitely improved. Football will be here soon!
Absolutely. Curious about your opinions is all....since it's often a solid one. They have a challenging opening slate with Garnet Valley home, at CB South and Neshaminy then Perk Val home. Some tough games against vet/experienced Qbs, tho South and PV have lost a lot. A manageable schedule but one that will test them.

Absolutely. Curious about your opinions is all....since it's often a solid one. They have a challenging opening slate with Garnet Valley home, at CB South and Neshaminy then Perk Val home. Some tough games against vet/experienced Qbs, tho South and PV have lost a lot. A manageable schedule but one that will test them.
I like that Dwest, DEast and Cville all have tough opening 3 weeks. Going to make them better and keep them all at top of D1.

I really like Ortega’s game, as a Patriot League guy was hoping to see him in the league, but Nova is obviously big deal.

I haven’t watched Howard much, but clearly a guy. Looking forward to him being healthy all year. When was the last PA guy to play at K-State? Bob Pacchioli from Easton played tackle there in the early Snyder years, but I’m sure there’s somebody between then and now?

XXXXXXXX

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kansas-state/index.html
Who will win the D-town East vs. West matchup this year?
HS....if it's just talent it's DWest like last year, but you know rivalries!
Rover....not gambling as I used to so I've lost touch with composition of team. Used to be heavily in-state, then Mizu with a surprising # snipped from Tex. They've had tons of talent that was just overwhelmed/out shinned by Neb, Io St, Okla, Tex, over the years, sometimes Baylor. There is so much O talent in that conference with slimmer pickings with lineman. What used to impress me was the O talent on Kan, KSt, Bay teams that went 5-7, 4-8.

XXXXXXXX

Rover....not gambling as I used to so I've lost touch with composition of team. Used to be heavily in-state, then Mizu with a surprising # snipped from Tex. They've had tons of talent that was just overwhelmed/out shinned by Neb, Io St, Okla, Tex, over the years, sometimes Baylor. There is so much O talent in that conference with slimmer pickings with lineman. What used to impress me was the O talent on Kan, KSt, Bay teams that went 5-7, 4-8.

I’m just always fascinated by the geography of college football. There certainly are PA kids that go to the Big 12, but Kansas State isn’t one I remember getting kids out here. They’ve long been great at recruiting junior colleges and identifying undervalued kids who they could move positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT