ADVERTISEMENT

Chesmont League splits in 2019

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
According To Pete DiG from Daily Local WC East and WC Henderson move to American Division in 2019. Appears to be for football only.

National
Avon Grove
Bishop Shanahan
Coatesville
Downingtown East
Downingtown West

American
Great Valley
Kennett
Oxford
Sun Valley
Unionville
WC East
WC Henderson
WC Rustin

Will keep 1 crossover (maybe add a second). National teams will have to find 2 games. Hello Central and PAC12!!! do your 6As want to play!

A five team league leaves six games open in the schedule. One cross-over now they are down to finding five games, a second crossover potentially? That leaves four games that still need to be filled. This is a huge sham by the WCSD AD's and Principals.

Cheers,

Busch

The big 4 are screwed as it’s doutful any league would offer admission to them now especially w the success in 6A football.

How is it acceptable that a league completely reshuffles itself and the main culprits (WCSD) are the ones who don’t have to search for games? This is has to be one of the biggest shams of all time.

Cheers,

Busch

Last edited:
They wouldn't want them because of Shanahan in tow as well.
Agreed because of Shanahans state championship indoor and outdoor track and men’s lax along w several other high level sports programs. Come to think about it I don’t see any of the big 4 winning many state championships recently? They are usually complaining about the teams winning.

How is it acceptable that a league completely reshuffles itself and the main culprits (WCSD) are the ones who don’t have to search for games? This is has to be one of the biggest shams of all time.

Cheers,

Busch
First it was Catholic schools and now because the 5A smaller schools position themselves better for playoffs in all sports? You should be thanking Shanahan Busch. Your welcome...

More like Hello open dates for American(too late in season) and Hello Inter Ac for National. National might be able to grab some games against Del Val on a one off basis.

First it was Catholic schools and now because the 5A smaller schools position themselves better for playoffs in all sports? You should be thanking Shanahan Busch. Your welcome...

Ahh your still hung up on me calling out that fiasco at NG? Guess others caught on based off of the performance this year...

How are the 5A schools benefiting in all sports when this is football only? Kudos to Shanahan for sticking around. Huge advantage if they knock on of the four bigs off. Showed a lot of guts going up to Pottsgrove last week and how they played DTW.

Cheers,

Busch

Ahh your still hung up on me calling out that fiasco at NG? Guess others caught on based off of the performance this year...

How are the 5A schools benefiting in all sports when this is football only? Kudos to Shanahan for sticking around. Huge advantage if they knock on of the four bigs off. Showed a lot of guts going up to Pottsgrove last week and how they played DTW.

Cheers,

Busch
Not all Busch on NG. The big 4 should be playing other 6As in all sports. East and Henderson are a shell of the former selves now at 1300 per school. Thank you and I agree Shanahan has balls and did hang w West and Pottsgrove. I agree w Meyers I don’t know how they didn’t win but good luck to Pottsgrove! Shanahan is staying w the big 4 because this where the majority of the student body comes from Coatesville, Downingtown and West Chester. Nothing better than playing your neighbors. I think most of the alumni don’t care if we get beat up by the big schools as it will prepare them come playoff time in all sports. Shanahan competes pretty well in men’s and women’s in most league sports. Let’s add another 6A school to make it a 6 school division. That’s my thoughts.

Agreed because of Shanahans state championship indoor and outdoor track and men’s lax along w several other high level sports programs. Come to think about it I don’t see any of the big 4 winning many state championships recently? They are usually complaining about the teams winning.

its the football that brings in money....last I saw, concessions at any of those events are dwarfed by football. The reason noone would want Shanahan, if you are 6A, is the lack of points.

When the original Big12 was formed, A&M and Texas had to bring their little sisters, Baylor and TTech along to go with the Big 8. We all know how that turned out.

its the football that brings in money....last I saw, concessions at any of those events are dwarfed by football. The reason noone would want Shanahan, if you are 6A, is the lack of points.

When the original Big12 was formed, A&M and Texas had to bring their little sisters, Baylor and TTech along to go with the Big 8. We all know how that turned out.
Pastor - This isn’t college football so your point holds no water. Shanahan is a very desirable school for most leagues under 6A because of the very solid sports programs. Unwritten too is leagues don’t want schools w drama, problems w fans and poor academic showing.. cough cough.

Pastor - This isn’t college football so your point holds no water. Shanahan is a very desirable school for most leagues under 6A because of the very solid sports programs. Unwritten too is leagues don’t want schools w drama, problems w fans and poor academic showing.. cough cough.

You made my point for me...you said "under 6A" let Shanahan make the move to the other side and let the Big 4 search for another conference.

Btw, problems with fans? The fact that Coatesville travels well everywhere they go? Schools with poor academic showing, last I looked you can only educate those that live in the district and not cherry pick like other schools.

You made my point for me...you said "under 6A" let Shanahan make the move to the other side and let the Big 4 search for another conference.

Pastor my cloaked friend...name a conference that is willing to take on three of the top five seeds in D1 and an improving AG squad. The PAC wants no business with that, the Central League won’t touch those four...zero options.

Cheers,

Busch

Last edited:
I didn’t make your point. Shanahan has made it know they’d like to stay w the big 4 and at this point I’m sure they are welcomed. You don’t get it... nobody is going to take them. We’ve been down this road.

Not all Busch on NG. The big 4 should be playing other 6As in all sports. East and Henderson are a shell of the former selves now at 1300 per school. Thank you and I agree Shanahan has balls and did hang w West and Pottsgrove. I agree w Meyers I don’t know how they didn’t win but good luck to Pottsgrove! Shanahan is staying w the big 4 because this where the majority of the student body comes from Coatesville, Downingtown and West Chester. Nothing better than playing your neighbors. I think most of the alumni don’t care if we get beat up by the big schools as it will prepare them come playoff time in all sports. Shanahan competes pretty well in men’s and women’s in most league sports. Let’s add another 6A school to make it a 6 school division. That’s my thoughts.

I agree playing your neighbors. I just don’t see the benefit of doing it in all sports? Wouldn’t it be easier to schedule if it was just one big league in other sports? Just throwing it out there. Not a lot of wiggle in terms of non league opponents depending on the season, but if structured correctly then why not?

Sidenote: I do not see one 6A school just jumping ship to come play the five teams in the National.

Cheers,

Busch

Btw, problems with fans? The fact that Coatesville travels well everywhere they go? Schools with poor academic showing, last I looked you can only educate those that live in the district and not cherry pick like other schools.
Do you want me spell it out. I’ve sat mostly on the Coatesville side at football games. When your kids come over and sit in the visitor side and start fights. I’ve witnessed twice. The learning environment at Coatesville SUCKS.. why does it send the most kids out the pubs to charter and Catholic schools. Doesn’t mean there aren’t good people or teacher but you by far have the worst school district in Chester County. Who are you going to blame this one on?

I agree playing your neighbors. I just don’t see the benefit of doing it in all sports? Wouldn’t it be easier to schedule if it was just one big league in other sports? Just throwing it out there. Not a lot of wiggle in terms of non league opponents depending on the season, but if structured correctly then why not?

Sidenote: I do not see one 6A school just jumping ship to come play the five teams in the National.

Cheers,

Busch
I’m 100% w you. Should have just made it football only as the other sports were pretty competitive lot balanced. Agreed.. Chesmont won’t get any newcomers.

Chest : did Shanahan willingly agree to stay with the larger schools , or is that just how the vote turned out and they are willing to live with it .

Everything runs in "cycles" in HS sports. Chesmont is good top 3-4 right now and SOL may be down a little. Same

Everything runs in "cycles" in HS sports. Chesmont is good top 3-4 right now and SOL may be down a little?. Same with the PAC. I would be careful suggesting how great you are and that nobody wants to play you. The tables turn every few years. I have to give Perk Valley and Spring-Ford for playing quality OOC opponents. PV plays DWest and DEast, Pennridge, etc.. Spring-Ford has played State College twice, Whitehall twice(with Saquon), WWL, Exeter and others OOC. Those teams don't dodge anyone in their OOC schedule. One year is one year...

Chest : did Shanahan willingly agree to stay with the larger schools , or is that just how the vote turned out and they are willing to live with it .
Yes. Shanahan football wanted to stay w the larger schools. See Pete DiGionvanni’s article in PAPrepLive

Everything runs in "cycles" in HS sports. Chesmont is good top 3-4 right now and SOL may be down a little?. Same with the PAC. I would be careful suggesting how great you are and that nobody wants to play you. The tables turn every few years. I have to give Perk Valley and Spring-Ford for playing quality OOC opponents. PV plays DWest and DEast, Pennridge, etc.. Spring-Ford has played State College twice, Whitehall twice(with Saquon), WWL, Exeter and others OOC. Those teams don't dodge anyone in their OOC schedule. One year is one year...
Chesmont is great this year D1. They could have the top 3 6A teams and top 5A team in District 1. Coatesville and Unionville won respective district titles last year so I think it speaks for itself. Heck.. we’d love to have your Garnet Valley join the league and make it 6 teams

I'm not suggesting no one wants to play the Chesmont 6A schools, but I am suggesting that no one wants to leave a league to join them and create their own league. Not one 6A public school in D1 is just going to jump ship and say lets go play CV, DTE, and DTW every year. You got one?

Cheers,

Busch

I just wonder if this is a knee jerk reaction. CV is very strong now, will that continue. WCH is down, they will come back. Give the new coach a chance. WCE was pretty good this year, improving. DE and DW have had down years, it happens. Might need more data to break up the league this quickly.

I'm not suggesting no one wants to play the Chesmont 6A schools, but I am suggesting that no one wants to leave a league to join them and create their own league. Not one 6A public school in D1 is just going to jump ship and say lets go play CV, DTE, and DTW every year. You got one?

Cheers,

Busch
Totally agree.

Do you want me spell it out. I’ve sat mostly on the Coatesville side at football games. When your kids come over and sit in the visitor side and start fights. I’ve witnessed twice. The learning environment at Coatesville SUCKS.. why does it send the most kids out the pubs to charter and Catholic schools. Doesn’t mean there aren’t good people or teacher but you by far have the worst school district in Chester County. Who are you going to blame this one on?

My kids are on the football teams. ChesMont rules don't allow kids to go over to the other side at games. Learning is all about what you make of it. My boys are A students, with one about to go to West Point. Your point about kids moving schools has more to do with bias than anything else and I can prove it. But, please go ahead and bash CV all you want. I'm sure they have heard it all before and unfortunately, will continue to do so.

My kids are on the football teams. ChesMont rules don't allow kids to go over to the other side at games. Learning is all about what you make of it. My boys are A students, with one about to go to West Point. Your point about kids moving schools has more to do with bias than anything else and I can prove it. But, please go ahead and bash CV all you want. I'm sure they have heard it all before and unfortunately, will continue to do so.
Pastor - It’s not a bash it’s my experience which I provided detail. You are the good part of the school district and wish families like yours would overtake the bad pieces of the district. My question is why are you so anti Shanahan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT