ADVERTISEMENT

Chesmont games this week?

MPChesco

Sep 27, 2018
Is it me, or is this this weekends line up of games bad? I think the only interesting game is Coatesville @ Unionville. Oxford and Great Valley can thank the West Chester athletic department for the butt kicking they are going to receive. Does anyone have any inside info on a game that might be close?

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Coatesville vs. Unionville will not be that interesting unless Ortega isn't playing...they'll roll. I do think AG vs. Rustin could be an interesting game.

Not sure what the WCASD athletic department has to do with Great Valley and Oxford? League mandated crossover games 4 years ago. All principals and AD's voted on the changes to the divisions & the mandatory "Big 4" game (DWest, DEast, Coatesville, Avon Grove) for the smaller schools. If other schools weren't happy, they could've out voted it 11-3. If anyone should complain it would be CV, DWest, and DEast having to play teams they'll mercy rule in the middle of the season. I think next year they'll pick up some Del-Val games like Penn Wood, Academy Park, and Chester. Not sure those will be that much better....

Anyway, Ches-Mont is proving to be the strongest league in SEPA across 6A and 5A. 3 legit contenders in 6A for D1 title, WC East looks to be for real in 5A, Kennett looks like a sleeper, Unionville and Rustin are not as dominant but nobody will want to play them in the playoffs.

Good post MP I agree with not fan interesting match up with SAINT and Harry Os Red Devils. Got go with Saint he will have them schemed up and will be spot on Red Devils tendencies!

Going to disagree with you 4i. Rustin is banged up and has a Qb that struggles to throw. Avon Grove just won their first game and Harry, an ex Unionville coach, will have them locked and loaded for a Friday night game with the Knights. I'll take the Red Devils by a bucket and a hook.

Reactions: MPChesco
Thanks for the info IA. I didn't realize SAINT had so many guys out. This one should be a close. I think O's and the Grove pull this one out.

Chesco and IA guess we will just have to agree to disagree. SAINT always has his teams ready to go next man up philosophy! His wing t run game should wear them down.

Avon Grove is a big physical running team that mirrors what Rustin does. Only difference is they actually make an attempt to throw the ball. If they're able to be physical up front & control clock like Kennett did, they should beat Rustin. If Rustin can get outside on them, AG doesn't have the speed they have. I'll go 23-21, Avon Grove.

Probably heading to see SAINT’s Knights tomorrow night going to duffers before for a burger and a beer. MP chesco or IA if you are around it would be great to meet up if you guys can make it!

4i, I will be at Duffers at 5:30. IA was correct, SAINT has a ton of Seniors on the IR. We will see if SAINT can work some of his magic tonight. See you tonight.

Reactions: 4i tech
Glad to read the this game was moved back to Rustin as playing at Henderson really wouldn’t be a home game. Been to many many high school stadiums in district 1 but Rustin has to have one of the nicest campuses by far. Great academic school, campus and pretty strong all around sports

ChesmontLeague1, I agree. It feels like you are driving into a Country Club when entering campus. The lights are a little dim, but that is probably on purpose due to the neighbors.

ChesmontLeague1, I agree. It feels like you are driving into a Country Club when entering campus. The lights are a little dim, but that is probably on purpose due to the neighbors.
Agreed. This is coming from a Shanahan alumni whose kids went to DWest then Unionville then DEast. Rustin high school is damn good.

4i - good call. SAINT turned the lights out on AG, who continues to struggle. So other than a hiccup to a seemingly dreaming Kennett program, SAINT looks to have Rustin right where they should be halfway through the season.

IA - maybe you should stick to calling Central League matchups?

Easy Sub1. Your first cup of coffee on the board doesnt warrant your need to take shots at those of us that watch games, films of teams, talk to coaches and give an objective viewpoint. Why dont you start picking games over the course of several weeks and we can see how you do? Or why dont you pick the 16 teams that you think will be in the playoffs as of tomorrow?

Reactions: Sub1Monster
King - welcome back!

Here’s my prediction for this coming week. Coaches Ortega and Limper will have their D ready against Rustin. It took some time to gel, but my prediction is CASH by 14 over SAINT’s Rustin squad.

Tough to pick this one guys. Might be best to take the Under. 14 points is too high. I think it will be alot closer.

Unlike IA, I will actually make some picks.

CM Game of the Week:
CV over WCR by 10
I predict a competitive game vs 2 very good coaches. Ortega's D will hold WCR to 14 pts, while Coach Cantafio's CV Offense will just score enough on Saint's D to win. D. Bryant and special teams may be the difference. 24-14

Not very competitive games:
DE over AG by 20 or more
DW over BS by 20 or more
KT over WCH by 18
OX over SV by 14
WCE over GV by 20

Non-League:
Uni over Int by 14

The King has spoken!!!!!!!!!

King: I am not in the prognostigation business, but the Unionville line seems a little light. Might be the worst Interboro team in 25 years giving up close to 50 points a game, including 76 to Oxford.

Speed: You may be right. My thought process was a little CV hangover (they really played tough), maybe a little banged up too.

All smart picks, King. I might go see Kennett - Henderson to see this new retooled Kennett program in action. This week’s postgame will be at the Square Bar if interested.

Gentleman, I believe all the posted lines are extremely light. CVille vs Rustin game will by far be the most competitive so that will be the Chestmont game I would go to unless there is an Inter Ac or Central League game that is more attractive.
Dtowns win both by mercy rule. Kennett will beat Henderson by 4Tds, Oxford beats Sun Valley by 3 scores and WC East beats Great Valley by mercy rule as well. If someone else wants to pick some Central, Inter Ac or Suburban 1 games I'm game. Actually, isnt this St. Joe's/LasSalle week? That maybe where I am headed unless it's on Saturday. Not sure about Square Bar. PSU is playing Friday night. Pretty sure I was thrown out of there last time Penn State played and I was in the bar so I'll probably avoid there. People in there have become as soft as the Henderson program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT