ADVERTISEMENT

Changes at Garnet Valley

IrishCB

Jul 4, 2012
A friend of mine told me Mike Ricci is stepping down as Head coach, but will still be involved with the team. Scott Green from Kennett will be returning to GV as Head coach. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

If this is true it kind of makes you go "Huh"? Kennet was 1-9 this year. Garnet Valley is one of, if not the, strongest programs in Delaware County. He either must have known this was happening and thats why he stepped down, or he has impeccable timing. But again, why? I'm sure there would be several head coaches at other programs as well as a long list of assistants that would want that job. What about any of the current assistants? It doesn't make much sense which leads me to believe it must not be true.

Well, Green has strong ties to Ricci and the GV program. he also was a teacher in the school( and still may be). Dotn let his record at Kennett fool you, Green is an excellent coach and knows the interworkings of GV. Thbis is just pure speculation, but maybe Ricci is steeping aside and naming his successor all at the same time.

It doesn't work like that in a public school system, no matter how much time and influence Mike Ricci has. If he steps down, there will have to be an open application as dictated by union contracts. Now, they GV administration could only take Green's application and give him the job but there will be a formal process. Green is a teacher at Kennett; he was the OC at Garnet before he arrived there. Would not be surprised that he would want to end up back there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT