ADVERTISEMENT

Can Anyone Handicap the NP/LaSalle game? What am I going to see?

IAdelco

Nov 7, 2011
Big game for the first game of the year at Crawford. Lost of talent gone from NP team. Are they going to run the same type of offense or go back to something more traditional things?

That's a pretty big number but always hard to gage first game out of the gate. Weather should be great tomorrow night.

That's a pretty big number but always hard to gage first game out of the gate. Weather should be great tomorrow night.
You're right it is a large spread. I am strictly going off of what I hear/ read and what little I've seen from both squads thus far.
Gordon calling the offense with multiple weapons and ultimately the biggest weapon in Jones at QB. I can see LaSalle scoring early and often. I see NP having some growing pains while trying to replace Udinski. He was the heartbeat of that offense last season. Sure, there are weapons on the NP offensive side as well, damn good ones at that. But someone has to get them the ball.
With that being said, I'll probably be WAY off and it will be a 14-13 game haha.

You're right it is a large spread. I am strictly going off of what I hear/ read and what little I've seen from both squads thus far.
Gordon calling the offense with multiple weapons and ultimately the biggest weapon in Jones at QB. I can see LaSalle scoring early and often. I see NP having some growing pains while trying to replace Udinski. He was the heartbeat of that offense last season. Sure, there are weapons on the NP offensive side as well, damn good ones at that. But someone has to get them the ball.
With that being said, I'll probably be WAY off and it will be a 14-13 game haha.

I have a feeling this is a statement game for Coach Steinmetz. A lot of pressure on him to catch up to St. Joe's, if that's possible. I know it's the first game and all but he has to start the season on a strong note.

I think it's a tough call... from what I hear (mainly hearsay) NP might be going back to is run based O.. they have a couple of good receivers but not as good as the group last year including good QB..The OL could be the deciding factor.. they have a good base to run behind and some quick receivers to keep the D honest.. because I'm a homer I'll go with NP -3.5 (now watch the game be a blow out one way or the other)... Good luck and good game to both side tomorrow night..

If Lasalle can move the ball on the ground look for Stein to slip in the Jones/Holland connection at key points for big plays. NP has talented skilled guys spread all over this yr. but the verdict is still out on the signal caller. If they can protect their QB it could go into the 30's. 35-27 Lasalle. They win on a costly 2nd half TO from a mishandled snap.

If Lasalle can move the ball on the ground look for Stein to slip in the Jones/Holland connection at key points for big plays. NP has talented skilled guys spread all over this yr. but the verdict is still out on the signal caller. If they can protect their QB it could go into the 30's. 35-27 Lasalle. They win on a costly 2nd half TO from a mishandled snap.

Tough putting a line on this one! LaSalle has the D that is typically ahead of offense at this stage but both bring a new Qb with LS/NP historic skill . LS put 24 on em the last 2 years, 29 the year before that and 34 the year before that. Seems they’ve figured out North Penn pass defense (sorry, bad joke) but they do get out the gate fast vs a lot of teams. LS by10 to 14 sounds good.
If NP stays grounded, they're done.

Reactions: TDjones22
Big game for the first game of the year at Crawford. Lost of talent gone from NP team. Are they going to run the same type of offense or go back to something more traditional things?
LaSalle by 12.

Lasalle by 14-21. LS defense dominant and hold NP to less than 125 total yards.

Tough putting a line on this one! LaSalle has the D that is typically ahead of offense at this stage but both bring a new Qb with LS/NP historic skill . LS put 24 on em the last 2 years, 29 the year before that and 34 the year before that. Seems they’ve figured out North Penn pass defense (sorry, bad joke) but they do get out the gate fast vs a lot of teams. LS by10 to 14 sounds good.
If NP stays grounded, they're done.
Looks like Knights will be ok IADelco. Decent opening for both putting pts up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT