ADVERTISEMENT

BradlyPitt and the rest of this site gets what it wants/ is delusional

I’ve seen a ton of athletes choose D3 schools over D1 offers from average academic schools for a chance to go to school in the NESCAC or Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, etc… happens all the time.
name the kids

i can't speak for Philly but that never happens in the WPIAL, absolutely never

name the kids

i can't speak for Philly but that never happens in the WPIAL, absolutely never
Alex Erby. (Perfect timing) I’m told he stated at his press conference he was only doing it to prove a point to a WPIAL guy. But no, I’m not going through the rosters of all the top academic colleges to point out the kids who turned down D1 offers to go there. I’m sure you can find a few guys on the Carnegie Mellon roster. As other Eastern guys have pointed out, to use one school as an example, SJP has a pipeline to D3 Amherst and some of those kids commit very early in the process, when they would clearly have an opportunity to play at a higher level of football. But, they lock in an Amherst degree, a school they couldn’t get into without football.

Alex Erby. (Perfect timing) I’m told he stated at his press conference he was only doing it to prove a point to a WPIAL guy. But no, I’m not going through the rosters of all the top academic colleges to point out the kids who turned down D1 offers to go there. I’m sure you can find a few guys on the Carnegie Mellon roster. As other Eastern guys have pointed out, to use one school as an example, SJP has a pipeline to D3 Amherst and some of those kids commit very early in the process, when they would clearly have an opportunity to play at a higher level of football. But, they lock in an Amherst degree, a school they couldn’t get into without football.
Bucks I agree as well. A very very small percentage of college athletes make the NFL. The majority are there because they get their education paid for. I'm going where I get the best education for what I'm majoring in. This coming from a wpial/western pa guy as well.

who is Alex Erby?

there has never been a kid that chose Carnegie Mellon over Pitt football, now you are lying

unless you are talking about walk ons, in that case yeah they should choose the academic school but no kid has ever chosen these schools over a full ride to Pitt

who is Alex Erby?

there has never been a kid that chose Carnegie Mellon over Pitt football, now you are lying

unless you are talking about walk ons, in that case yeah they should choose the academic school but no kid has ever chosen these schools over a full ride to Pitt
I never said that Carnegie Mellon kids specifically chose it over Pitt, I only said that kids regularly choose top academic schools over offers to play higher levels of football. All over the country they do that, including regularly in PA. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Alex Erby is the all-time passing yardage and passing TD leader in PA history. He just committed to Navy. His full ride scholarship offers included Duke, James Madison, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State and PITT.

who is Alex Erby?

You're just poking around now, right Bradly? Because everything you've said points to a person who just says stuff.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain

Reactions: lilromeo
It does seem like PCC played a bad game and PR had the perfect game plan. It reminded me of the 2000 ecp Altoona game where Altoona kept chipping away running the ball and let the play clock run to almost zero before hiking the ball. Id be curious the difference in time of procession that game. They kept PCC offence off the field and the defense on. Plus you can't have 3 TO in a game your offense isn't getting the ball often. It looked like the D was getting wore down and tired. I expect PCC to make adjustments and be just fine. I think this might be the confidence booster that PR needed and could catch fire like last year going into the playoffs. 5A is going to be really interesting now. *** I thought it was crazy pr line was able to do that they did to PCC. IMO woody high has the best O line in 5A maybe the wpial and PCC handled them just fine.
Not only TO`s but multiple dropped passes by Central kept their offense off the field.

who is Alex Erby?

BP, you can't come on here professing to know about HS FB in PA and not know who Alex Erby is any more than you can profess knowledge of horse racing and not have heard of Secretariat.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
BP, you can't come on here professing to know about HS FB in PA and not know who Alex Erby is any more than you can profess knowledge of horse racing and not have heard of Secretariat.
Most kids are playing college football to pay for their college. Q very very very small percentage of athletes make it to the pros. 💯 They are going to choose the college with the best academics.

I never said that Carnegie Mellon kids specifically chose it over Pitt, I only said that kids regularly choose top academic schools over offers to play higher levels of football. All over the country they do that, including regularly in PA. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Alex Erby is the all-time passing yardage and passing TD leader in PA history. He just committed to Navy. His full ride scholarship offers included Duke, James Madison, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State and PITT.
i said WPIAL kids, you still haven't named any

Erby is the exception not the rule

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain
or maybe don't argue when you can't prove your statement that wpial kids choose Navy or Carnegie Mellon over Pitt

i am an expert on the wpial, not the entire state sorry

Most kids are playing college football to pay for their college. Q very very very small percentage of athletes make it to the pros. 💯 They are going to choose the college with the best academics.
that's what they should be doing, but the large majority hope and even expect to play in the pros

they major in football, many wouldn't even get into college without football

and it's not like schools in the power 5 conferences don't offer great educations

i am an expert on the wpial, not the entire state sorry
Don't misunderstand me BP, I'm not saying you need to be a expert or that anyone else on the board is. But you do come out with some critical responses as tho everyone else is wrong. And no, I'm not going back thru the various entries to pull out examples. You what I mean.
You got to expect a little push back when you're firing on others. No big deal BP. Boys being boys.

He’d be more well known if he didn’t play at the lowest level

anyone who thinks "he is not well known" knows very little about HS football in PA
i didn't watch the 1A game last year
i don't live near Harrisburg or follow high school football there
i don't pay a lot of attention to 1A football as a whole
i don't follow recruiting outside of the wpial anymore

sue me

and i'm still waiting for the names of the wpial guys that chose Navy or CMU or any other school like that over Pitt

i can admit i didn't know Alex Erby, how about you admit you lied

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT