ADVERTISEMENT

BradlyPitt and the rest of this site gets what it wants/ is delusional

No one at SJP considers 2017 and 2021 as "down years."

One thing I'm certain about. If SJP were not participating in the state playoffs this year and if either NA or PCC were to run the table and win the state championship, supporters of NA or PCC would be saying NA or PCC would have given SJP a very good game and might have beaten them. "If only ..."

Many who say they don't think SJP should be in the state playoffs like to have it both ways. If SJP wins, it's because they're a four-state all-star team that has a million-dollar football program. If SJP loses, then a heroic David has slain Goliath and cosmic justice has been achieved.
It is a down year for the standard they have set

After watching some livestream of St. Joes Prep game, I definitely think they are beatable. PCC just needs to get into their offensive rhythm and magic can happen.

Sjp is a giant favorite but no one thought lebo and PR would beat them. I'm not writing anymore off. That's why they play the game. Central has the talent.
that is completely false, SJP was not favored in those games especially in 2021

2017 might have been considered a toss up at the time, but in 2021 it was constantly mentioned that it was a down year and young team for SJP

No one at SJP considers 2017 and 2021 as "down years."

One thing I'm certain about. If SJP were not participating in the state playoffs this year and if either NA or PCC were to run the table and win the state championship, supporters of NA or PCC would be saying NA or PCC would have given SJP a very good game and might have beaten them. "If only ..."

Many who say they don't think SJP should be in the state playoffs like to have it both ways. If SJP wins, it's because they're a four-state all-star team that has a million-dollar football program. If SJP loses, then a heroic David has slain Goliath and cosmic justice has been achieved.
It goes both ways though. The two years they played lebo and pine Richland it worked out but every other year when they mercy ruled everyone we missed out on some good games. Last year Harrisburg and Garnet Valley would have had been a good game so it goes both ways. I see both sides of the argument but I do think most years it'll be hard to compete with them when they get the top talent from new Jersey and Philly. You see the same thing with Imhotep's basketball team. At the same time that's the direction high school sports has headed. It's no longer community vs community. You have your imgs, mountverdes, Imhotep's, st Francis, St Thomas, St joes prep, St Thomas Aquinas's, mater dei's ect... When prep has a down year and a wpial school as one of those generational teams they can be beat. Prep will be a huge favorite this year and next year as well. Especially with the Roman kid and new Jersey kid (both juniors and rival 200 players) transferring in. They will be hard to beat and I imagine the favorite every year.

Last edited:
that is completely false, SJP was not favored in those games especially in 2021

2017 might have been considered a toss up at the time, but in 2021 it was constantly mentioned that it was a down year and young team for SJP
They were even worse in 2015, when PCC was gifted a ring when they played “goofy” Parkland

It goes both ways though. The two years they played lebo and pine Richland it worked out but every other year when they mercy ruled everyone we missed out on some good games. Last year Harrisburg and Garnet Valley would have had been a good game so it goes both ways. I see both sides of the argument but I do think most years it'll be hard to compete with them when they get the top talent from new Jersey and Philly. You see the same thing with Imhotep's basketball team. At the same time that's the direction high school sports has headed. It's no longer community vs community. You have your imgs, mountverdes, Imhotep's, st Francis, St Thomas, St joes prep, St Thomas Aquinas's, mater dei's ect... When prep has a down year and a wpial school as one of those generational teams they can be beat. Prep will be a huge favorite this year and next year as well. Especially with the Roman kid and new Jersey kid (both juniors and rival 200 players) transferring in. They will be hard to beat and I imagine the favorite every year.
Harrisburg-GV may have been a close game, but would it have been a good state championship game? My sense--and I'd be happy to be challenged on this--is that the D1 6A reps in the last five years have been much weaker than the North Penn teams of, say, 2010-2016, some of the stronger Neshaminy teams, and certainly the CBW teams of the 90's. The Lehigh Valley teams of recent years have also been weaker--same for D7 reps (other than ML in 2021)since 2018. Is all this because of SJP?

SJP loses an awful lot after this year. Hard to beat next year? Viking says they're not so very hard to beat this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stalker
Well, they are now. Do you really think Peters Township or Imhotep is stopping Pine? Get real.
[/QUOTE
Harrisburg-GV may have been a close game, but would it have been a good state championship game? My sense--and I'd be happy to be challenged on this--is that the D1 6A reps in the last five years have been much weaker than the North Penn teams of, say, 2010-2016, some of the stronger Neshaminy teams, and certainly the CBW teams of the 90's. The Lehigh Valley teams of recent years have also been weaker--same for D7 reps (other than ML in 2021)since 2018. Is all this because of SJP.

SJP loses an awful lot after this year. Hard to beat next year? Viking says they're not so very hard to beat this year.
Im torn because I want to see the best play the best but sjp advantages are to great. They are a traveling all star team. They'll continue to get the top talent. Next year they'll be stacked again. They don't ever have to rebuild. Viking is delusional. This year's img team might be imgs best team and prep lost by a field goal. I think this is preps best team yet but they still have to play the games.

There’s a real “who’s who” of who is REALLY the delusional commenters here. The truth is, I’m the only sane one here

First off, regarding the SJP apologists. You all know my opinion. It’s a travesty Private and public schools play in the same playoffs. I think deep in your souls, you know it too. Stop with the downplaying and Humble bragging about how good your team is. Youre team is good and you should be proud. Stop with the baloney about how teams aren’t “as good as ‘21 lebo or ‘17 pine” because that’s just a bunch of hogwash

Next, the people who think any other team has a shot at SJP. Stop it, get some help

All in all everyone except me seems to be delusional

Harrisburg-GV may have been a close game, but would it have been a good state championship game? My sense--and I'd be happy to be challenged on this--is that the D1 6A reps in the last five years have been much weaker than the North Penn teams of, say, 2010-2016, some of the stronger Neshaminy teams, and certainly the CBW teams of the 90's. The Lehigh Valley teams of recent years have also been weaker--same for D7 reps (other than ML in 2021)since 2018. Is all this because of SJP?

I said they not unbeatable. They are still a very hard team to beat.

There’s a real “who’s who” of who is REALLY the delusional commenters here. The truth is, I’m the only sane one here

First off, regarding the SJP apologists. You all know my opinion. It’s a travesty Private and public schools play in the same playoffs. I think deep in your souls, you know it too. Stop with the downplaying and Humble bragging about how good your team is. Youre team is good and you should be proud. Stop with the baloney about how teams aren’t “as good as ‘21 lebo or ‘17 pine” because that’s just a bunch of hogwash

Next, the people who think any other team has a shot at SJP. Stop it, get some help

Oh good - give yourself a trophy - you seem to need the attention

Reactions: Bighead75

you just repeated what i've been saying for months

PCC has lived and died (mostly lived) on having WRs running wide open deep. They had it a couple times against P-R and dropped some. They don’t really have any sort of substantial short to medium pass game that I saw vs P-R.

Running the ball it seemed like they tried to pound it up the middle even when it wasn’t working, and they weren’t willing to throw the quick game consistently.

On defense, they didn’t get guys down in the box until too late and frankly got punched in the face a little bit up front.

A few other things I learned recently (and from watching) This is definitely not the SV offense Lehmeier ran and isn’t what they did in 2017 and 2020 at P-R. The OC is from Hempfield and seems to run some variation of spread. Very wide WR splits. Also, the DC is from North Catholic and runs this 3-4. That worked when North was 2A and 3A, but last year in 4A not so good. I guess when HC, OC and DC are all young/inexperienced in their roles, games like that can happen.

Plus P-R is big and physical.

Thanks NA. Still wondering what all the fuss is about PCC. Educate me!! Can't stop basic running plays? Was someone injured. Big holes! I don't have a side, just observing is all.
Pine and Woody should be a good one with PCC running out. Major impact games coming up.
PCC likley has the most amount of d1 players in the state, except for SJP. This makes them intimidating right of the bat

Don’t really know how they lost to PR, especially after NA mercy ruled them the week prior. I do know that Art walker Jr and staff will be analyzing that game thoroughly to find the game plan to beat PCC

Funny side note: look at maxpreps. 11/18 the Wpial championship between NA and PCC is already scheduled. That’s how bad the rest of 6A is

PCC likley has the most amount of d1 players in the state, except for SJP. This makes them intimidating right of the bat

Don’t really know how they lost to PR, especially after NA mercy ruled them the week prior. I do know that Art walker Jr and staff will be analyzing that game thoroughly to find the game plan to beat PCC

Funny side note: look at maxpreps. 11/18 the Wpial championship between NA and PCC is already scheduled. That’s how bad the rest of 6A is
tiger- you gotta see the whole picture- "6A championship" is nonexistant

NA, don't know if you played but most guys don't think in terms of intimidation. At least, not the guys, teams and programs I've been associated with or know. The mentality of guys I know-known is we're going to kick your ass until the final whistle.
Teams like Harrisburg, LaSalle, NA....and look at Pine last week. Those guys weren't intimidated even a little bit. Not in the vocabulary of solid programs or lesser ones well coached.

NA, don't know if you played but most guys don't think in terms of intimidation. At least, not the guys, teams and programs I've been associated with or know. The mentality of guys I know-known is we're going to kick your ass until the final whistle.
Teams like Harrisburg, LaSalle, NA....and look at Pine last week. Those guys weren't intimidated even a little bit. Not in the vocabulary of solid programs or lesser ones well coached.
stalk- A+ post- spot-on comments!!!!

you mentioned “championship schools”. sure they don’t get intimidated but the other 99% do get intimidated. I would almost guarantee Seneca Valley, Mt Lebanon, and Canon-Mac went Into their game against PCC knowing they wouldn’t win. Yes, I bet the schools you’ve been around have been well coached, but most schools are not

but all of this might change- who knows... in 2 months maybe there will 2 or 10 teams in wpial 6A- maybe better, maybe even worse

I agree, the naval academy is great. But they could have played at Pitt. Tecza is leading the nation in yards per carry. Also considering how Pitt is pretty bad this year
You guys know they are there for the education and football pays for it. If I got into the naval academy too I'd go there over Pitt.

You guys know they are there for the education and football pays for it. If I got into the naval academy too I'd go there over Pitt.
agreed- and how about Air Force football? Gonna play in a bowl game, and top 20 program- Pitt unlikely to provide / boast of either of those this year-pitt is not "it"

agreed- and how about Air Force football? Gonna play in a bowl game, and top 20 program- Pitt unlikely to provide / boast of either of those this year-pitt is not "it"
💯 I'm choosing naval academy everytime. NA is clueless on how difficult it is to get in there.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
i never heard of any prospect choosing Navy over Pitt

they pick Navy over schools like Robert Morris

I’ve seen a ton of athletes choose D3 schools over D1 offers from average academic schools for a chance to go to school in the NESCAC or Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, etc… happens all the time.
bucks, paul, drip, i agree 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT