ADVERTISEMENT

Boundary 3 wins - Non Boundary 1 win

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
For anyone counting… Boundary will win atleast one more in he state championships and maybe 2. What does this say about District 1 football? We don’t have any teams in the finals?

Reactions: Bighead75
For anyone counting… Boundary will win atleast one more in he state championships and maybe 2. What does this say about District 1 football? We don’t have any teams in the finals?
I’m sure the respond will be those boundary schools didn’t have to play against the best non boundary school. 😂😂😂
Fact is better than opinion any day. Get back to the drawing board.

Drum roll please….. District 1 was so bad that the Central League won the 6A and 5A district titles!!!!!!

RCH - technically District 1 is not a conference , but it’s own region since the have the most teams of any District. They have to play the same amount of games as other districts to win a state championship.

Reactions: Aragorn
The PIAA lists the ratio of boundary to non boundary as 76%/24%. This means statically 1/4 of all championships should be won by non boundary schools. Going back to 2008, non boundary are winning football championships at close to a55% rate. It’s even greater in basketball, where it’s well over 60%. This is not an anti- recruit thread , but merely shows whatever the non boundary schools are doing, they are doing it significantly better than boundary schools across the board , year in year out.

Reactions: Aragorn
If anything we should complain that district 1 have to win one out of conference game all year in order to make it to Hershey.
Non-conference games this year:
GV vs Downingtown W
SH vs Interboro

I could care less about boundary schools most of them have rebuilding years and down seasons too. I think everyones complaint is on a few schools that are able to put these super teams together every single year. Prep being the biggest. There's a reason they don't ever have down years or ever have to rebuild. They go out and get the talent. They have players from Maryland, Delaware, new Jersey, and pa. They are an all star team playing against home grown talent. They should be playing a national schedule and not in the piaa playoffs.

I could care less about boundary schools most of them have rebuilding years and down seasons too. I think everyones complaint is on a few schools that are able to put these super teams together every single year. Prep being the biggest. There's a reason they don't ever have down years or ever have to rebuild. They go out and get the talent. They have players from Maryland, Delaware, new Jersey, and pa. They are an all star team playing against home grown talent. They should be playing a national schedule and not in the piaa playoffs.
Please stop the falsehoods. Name me one player from Maryland who ever played for SJP. On another thread I named two players--one who played one year as a freshman for SJP and another who grey up in Philly and decided to attend the Prep for high school when his family moved to northern Delaware--who are, as far as I know, the only players from Delaware who have played for the Prep in the last decade. If you know of others, please name them. Just because a Pittsburgh paper quotes a ML coach suggesting the Prep is a tri-state all-star team doesn't make it so.

Please stop the falsehoods. Name me one player from Maryland who ever played for SJP. On another thread I named two players--one who played one year as a freshman for SJP and another who grey up in Philly and decided to attend the Prep for high school when his family moved to northern Delaware--who are, as far as I know, the only players from Delaware who have played for the Prep in the last decade. If you know of others, please name them. Just because a Pittsburgh paper quotes a ML coach suggesting the Prep is a tri-state all-star team doesn't make it so.
Coach Palko commented in the triblive about them having players from all those states. I will take the word of a coach that has been scouting them and will play them in Hersey. I'm pretty sure the trib does their research too before they write something. You don't know yourself where all their players are from so you can't say that they arent. You tell me then where every player grew up in. I'll take a coaches and papers word over yours. Let's face it they are an all star team.

Coach Palko commented in the triblive about them having players from all those states. I will take the word of a coach that has been scouting them and will play them in Hersey. I'm pretty sure the trib does their research too before they write something. You don't know yourself where all their players are from so you can't say that they arent. You tell me then where every player grew up in. I'll take a coaches and papers word over yours. Let's face it they are an all star team.
On the Prep's website nearly all the players' places of residence are listed. None are from Delaware or Maryland. https://www.sjprep.org/team-detail?fromId=291024&Team=290804&SeasonLabel=2021 - 2022&siteId=1402 It's also obvious that nothing close to half the players are from Jersey as some--maybe you're one of them--have suggested. And if you think a newspaper is going to fact check such a comment from a high school football coach you are very out of touch. I can just imagine an editor saying to a reporter "Before we go with that story I want you to check on the hometowns of every player on the SJP team." Your fixation has become delusional.

A few years ago a coach of one of the teams that played the Prep in the final made a comment about the Prep having players from four states. That has never been the case. But people believe what they want to believe.

About 25% of the Prep's players live in Jersey, roughly the same percentage of its students as a whole who live in Jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
The PIAA lists the ratio of boundary to non boundary as 76%/24%. This means statically 1/4 of all championships should be won by non boundary schools. Going back to 2008, non boundary are winning football championships at close to a55% rate. It’s even greater in basketball, where it’s well over 60%. This is not an anti- recruit thread , but merely shows whatever the non boundary schools are doing, they are doing it significantly better than boundary schools across the board , year in year out.
Make that 4 Boundary vs 1 non Boundary who are state champions. SJP is an upstanding member of the PIAA and you continue to put them down/question in a sneaky back handed way Speed. Stop your whining because it is. Again.. is SJP a member of the PIAA.

District I football is bad. 6A teams in District I could not beat most of the teams in the state finals.
But that is for discussion later.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Non-conference games this year:
GV vs Downingtown W
SH vs Interboro
You lost me Foot? Coatesville played. CB West, Perk Valley and York High in non league games. Coatesville used to schedule Cumberland Valley, Wilson and Bethlehem Catholic which gave them a gauge against eastern powers and the state. Honestly it gets them through D1 but a disservice if they get to states. I wish the Chesmont would get rid of the stupid cross over games. Yeah.. you had Kennett get one on DWest but generally nobody cares about those matchups. The Central schedules 1 non league. For the good of the central and 6A teams stop beating up on Harriton, Lower Merion , Penncrest, Marple. GV should play Freedom or Cumberland Valley or Wilson

Last edited:
You lost me Foot? Coatesville played. CB West, Perk Valley and York High in non league games. Coatesville used to schedule Cumberland Valley, Wilson and Bethlehem Catholic which gave them a gauge against eastern powers and the state. Honestly it gets them through D1 but a disservice if they get to states. The Central schedules 1 non league. For the good of the central and 6A teams stop beating up on Harriton, Lower Merion , Penncrest, Marple. GV should play Freedom or Cumberland Valley or Wilson
My response was to RCH13co18 for non-conference game.

On the Prep's website nearly all the players' places of residence are listed. None are from Delaware or Maryland. https://www.sjprep.org/team-detail?fromId=291024&Team=290804&SeasonLabel=2021 - 2022&siteId=1402 It's also obvious that nothing close to half the players are from Jersey as some--maybe you're one of them--have suggested. And if you think a newspaper is going to fact check such a comment from a high school football coach you are delusional. I can just imagine an editor saying to a reporter "Before we go with that story I want you to check on the hometowns of every player on the SJP team." Your fixation has become delusional.

A few years ago a coach of one of the teams that played the Prep in the final made a comment about the Prep having players from four states. That has never been the case. But people believe what they want to believe.

About 25% of the Prep's players live in Jersey, roughly the same percentage of its students as a whole who live in Jersey.
We are just going have to agree to disagree. Prep made it to states 8 out of the last 9 years. You don't do that without recruiting. You can try to sugar coat it and justify it all you want. They get players from all around the region and put together these all star teams.

We are just going have to agree to disagree. Prep made it to states 8 out of the last 9 years. You don't do that without recruiting. You can try to sugar coat it and justify it all you want. They get players from all around the region and put together these all star teams.
Happy to agree to disagree and would never deny that the Prep recruits all its students. I would also never deny that it makes a special effort to recruit particular types of students, one of those types being those who show promise as football players. But I don't like seeing something stated as a fact that isn't a fact.

I can agree with that! Agree to disagree. That you think they all recruit all stars and me thinking you are a whiner.

Hausman, us at P-R have been in exactly your situation. In 2014 Coach K made those EXACT same comments that Palko made, (which are the EXACT same comments that the TJ coach made about Erie Cathedral Prep.)

In 2014, with a little bit better defense, P-R would have beat SJP. P-R didn't know how to win those games yet.

But the result of that game was that the player and coaches stepped up their efforts and with talent in 2017, beat them fairly easily. P-R remains the only public school in PA to beat them since their recent run began. All of us in the football community here are very proud of that.

In 2018 we played them again and they were better than P-R. Period. I imagine it was exactly what lots of team think about P-R.

We can argue the recruiting stuff all we want and it won't change what the PCL teams are allowed to do. Its part of doing business and the PIAA allows what they do. It really does seem its the WPIAL that always causes the uproar about this because their are so few private school out here.

So, in the end, if Lebo doesn't beat SJP tonight, I hope Coach Palko and younger players learn what it takes to be a champion of the state of PA, and get to work. Because if they don't all of this discussion is just about one great team, rather than building a championship program.

Reactions: lilromeo
Happy to agree to disagree and would never deny that the Prep recruits all its students. I would also never deny that it makes a special effort to recruit particular types of students, one of those types being those who show promise as football players. But I don't like seeing something stated as a fact that isn't a fact.
Sounds good, and that's where we'll disagree. I think prep gets players from further out then you realize but who cares anyways. My point of this entire thing is that it makes for an uneven playing field and allows for a couple of schools to just dominate.

Hausman, us at P-R have been in exactly your situation. In 2014 Coach K made those EXACT same comments that Palko made, (which are the EXACT same comments that the TJ coach made about Erie Cathedral Prep.)

In 2014, with a little bit better defense, P-R would have beat SJP. P-R didn't know how to win those games yet.

But the result of that game was that the player and coaches stepped up their efforts and with talent in 2017, beat them fairly easily. P-R remains the only public school in PA to beat them since their recent run began. All of us in the football community here are very proud of that.

In 2018 we played them again and they were better than P-R. Period. I imagine it was exactly what lots of team think about P-R.

We can argue the recruiting stuff all we want and it won't change what the PCL teams are allowed to do. Its part of doing business and the PIAA allows what they do. It really does seem its the WPIAL that always causes the uproar about this because their are so few private school out here.

So, in the end, if Lebo doesn't beat SJP tonight, I hope Coach Palko and younger players learn what it takes to be a champion of the state of PA, and get to work. Because if they don't all of this discussion is just about one great team, rather than building a championship program.
They made adjustments but pr had a once in a life time team that could match sjp in talent that year. That was the bigger difference. That 2017 team was the most talented team to come out of the wpial ever. Sjp gets those types of teams every year.

They made adjustments but pr had a once in a life time team that could match sjp in talent that year. That was the bigger difference. That 2017 team was the most talented team to come out of the wpial ever. Sjp gets those types of teams every year.
Didn't PR get in trouble regarding recruiting some kids on that team?

Hausman, the 2014 P-R team wasn't once in a lifetime and that SJP team was really, really good. We had DiNucci and a bunch of other kids. Slomka got hurt. I don't think anyone else played more than 1 or 2 season of college football. Most didn't even play. SJP had Swift, Runyan, Zaccheaus who all went to the NFL plus a host of others. They couldn't stop P-R's offense. That was before Coach K took over the D and it was awful. I'll go to my grave knowing that if Coach K was on D, P-R would have beat them twice. (Others may disagree!!)

Imagine if in 2014 P-R would have said "welp, we can never beat them." Instead they upped their game and when P-R had a great team again, they beat them.

And I will reiterate, if you have some gimmick O or D, you are not going to beat the Prep unless you have overwhelming talent - meaning about 2x better than they have. They are too well coached, especially late in the year.

That's why I'll be a bit surprised if the wildcat stuff Lebo does with 5 and 8 work. They are great players, but that's sort of a gimmicky offense.

Lebo must play good D and be technically sound. On O, they must be able to run the ball, including QB keeps and they have to throw for 150+ yards.

Just my opinion.

Didn't PR get in trouble regarding recruiting some kids on that team?
A couple coaches got “in trouble” with the school but not WPIAL or PIAA. It was an Ohio kid that never came was what I think the story was.

No one can get in trouble for recruiting when you have prep out there. That entire team is recruits.
Every student at the school is recruited.

I'm not opposed to looking at some alternative system, e.g. adding two or three classifications for private or non-boundary (not necessarily the same thing) schools, something that would be easier if the InterAc joined the PIAA. But I think people should think very carefully what the results would be. Is Jersey the model many want? If so, ask the public schools there if they're happy with the situation. (They won't all give the same answer.)

Of course we wouldn't be having this conversation at all if the Prep had lost to Wood five weeks ago. (Interesting that I haven't heard a peep about the recruiting that Wood does now that they are no longer winning state championships.)

Hausman, the 2014 P-R team wasn't once in a lifetime and that SJP team was really, really good. We had DiNucci and a bunch of other kids. Slomka got hurt. I don't think anyone else played more than 1 or 2 season of college football. Most didn't even play. SJP had Swift, Runyan, Zaccheaus who all went to the NFL plus a host of others. They couldn't stop P-R's offense. That was before Coach K took over the D and it was awful. I'll go to my grave knowing that if Coach K was on D, P-R would have beat them twice. (Others may disagree!!)

Imagine if in 2014 P-R would have said "welp, we can never beat them." Instead they upped their game and when P-R had a great team again, they beat them.

And I will reiterate, if you have some gimmick O or D, you are not going to beat the Prep unless you have overwhelming talent - meaning about 2x better than they have. They are too well coached, especially late in the year.

That's why I'll be a bit surprised if the wildcat stuff Lebo does with 5 and 8 work. They are great players, but that's sort of a gimmicky offense.

Lebo must play good D and be technically sound. On O, they must be able to run the ball, including QB keeps and they have to throw for 150+ yards.

Just my opinion.
Just a note that SJP didn't have John Reid, by far their best defensive player (especially against the pass), that game.

Reactions: new2pa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT