House1978

Jun 8, 2015
1. St joes prep vs St Ignatius
2. Central dauphin vs wilson
3. Somerset vs Bedford
4. LA Salle vs de matha
5. Penntraford vs McKeesport
6. Pittsburgh central catholic vs north Allegheny
*Am I missing anyother big games and lets hear your thoughts and predictions?

Last edited:
I'll throw out a few other games (mostly SOL) that will start affecting team's playoff chances in District 1. So these are big games for the schools involved. The theme here is all the 1-1 teams do not want to start 1-2.

Neshaminy (1-1) at CR-South (1-1)

CR-North (1-1) at Pennsbury (1-1)

Norristown (2-0) at Plymouth-Whitemarsh (2-0)

Garnet Valley (1-1) at Ridley (2-0)

CB-South (1-1) at CB-East (2-0)

House , good read on Somerset-Bedford a huge one in 6 and maybe a good one if Bedford has replaced Qb.

-McDevitt 2-0 at Cumberland Valley 2-0, always a hard hitting game with CV a little under radar this year. CV very tough at home playing on the field right behind the school. Packed house in Mechanicsburg.

-Gov Mifflin 1-1 with narrow loss to Wilson is at Manheim 1-1 who was crushed by Central Dauphin. CD just unstoppable in opener then a little flat last week vs crosstown foe Susquehanna Twp winning 31-21 tho Hanna is a strong AAA, kind of a north side brawl. Mifflin has reloaded while Manheim has a big line and good QB. Should be a war, Lancaster vs Reading with this being Streaks home opener.

-CD at Wilson is a hard one being Bulldogs home opener and real special at Gurski, nearly unbeatable. Besides Cedar Cliff they're the best in south Penn unless Harrisburg develops a offense to go with that defense of theirs. CV is a pounder like Mifflin, NA, NPenn and the McD game will tell if they're near CD's and Wilson's level. They usually are.

Another big game this week that I'll be attending is the Erie Cathedral prep game vs McDowell. One of the biggest rivalries in Pennsylvania and the game sells out every year. Even though McDowell is 0-2 this season bothe their losses come from Ohio power houses and they always play prep tough.

Downingtown East - North Penn is a biggie and should tell us alot about both programs and the state of things between SOL and Chesmont powers. These two could be playing again for the D1 title. North Penn has an uncharacteristically strong passing attack to go with West's running, which should scare the rest of SOL. DTE has some real high profile guys. This one is real interesting, a toss up in my eyes.

Neshaminy - Council Rock South should be interesting as Rock South really took it to Pennsbury before falling short. To be able to move the ball against that Pennsbury D is an accomplishment. That they were able to control Pennsbury's ground and pound enough says something for their D, but also says something about PHS's offense and coaching philosophy. Neshaminy's offense is a completely different animal. CRS will need to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, to make their bone work and to keep the Skins from running over them and keep pressure on Jones. Neshaminy's aerial weapons will be a real challenge. We may see if DTW was really that good or the Skins are not as good as expected after the Montclair game. Probably a close game with the Skins getting back on track.

Pennsbury -Council Rock North is another interesting game. The Falcons usually win this kind of game, and despite their offensive woes, PHS should have its way against the matador D of CRN. Brandon McIllwain can be a whole other story, but the Pennsbury D is strong and fast and probably will create enough problems for McIllwain that he has trouble finding his two excellent receivers, Bibbens and Nowmos. I am betting PHS wins this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT