ADVERTISEMENT

Big games week 1 state wide

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
Just wandering what are some big games I should watch out for in week 1? One big game I'll be checking out is Farrell taking on youngtown Usurline out of Ohio. McKeesport also takes on Penn Trafford in a huge match up.

Last edited:
Just wandering what are some big games I should watch out for in week 1? One big game I'll be checking out is Farrell taking on youngtown Usurline out of Ohio. McKeesport also takes on Penn Trafford in a huge match up.
Those two for sure and others as time allows and I do my weekly. Maybe at least get a listing out there with no time to do my writeup and something as large as that.

Those two for sure and others as time allows and I do my weekly. Maybe at least get a listing out there with no time to do my writeup and something as large as that.
I always look fwd to reading your weekly break down Stalk. Another giant game this week will be Belle Vernon going up against laurel Highlands. Not only will you have 2 of the top teams in the wpial but you'll see two of the best players in the country going head to head.

Reactions: Stalker
The most ridiculous scheduled game this week is PCCvs Abraham Lincoln. Who ever thought this one up .What a joke !!!!

Ahhhhhh shit... I was thinking of RB from Scranton Prep. My apologies 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I always look fwd to reading your weekly break down Stalk. Another giant game this week will be Belle Vernon going up against laurel Highlands. Not only will you have 2 of the top teams in the wpial but you'll see two of the best players in the country going head to head.

Haus, no time to do a writeup but here are some interesting games.

BIG games……..Sept 2 and 3
Southeast PA
District 1
(home team on left)
Downingtown East vs State College
Perk Val vs Downingtown West
Quakertown vs North Penn
District 12
Northeast vs Cheltenham
LaSalle vs Malvern Prep
St. Joseph’s Prep at St. Peter’s Prep

Rest of State
District 2

Dallas vs Crestwood
District 3
Harrisburg vs Delaware Valley
Steelton Highspire vs Westinghouse
Central York vs Cumberland Valley
Carlisle vs Governor Mifflin
Central Dauphin vs Wilson
Hempfield vs York
District 4
Mount Carmel vs Dunmore
Selinsgrove vs Juniata
District 5
Bedford vs Forest Hills
District 6
Martinsburg Central vs Richland Township
District 7
Gateway vs Woodland Hills
Seneca Valley vs Peters Twp
Penn Trafford vs McKeesport
Central Valley vs Avonworth
Armstrong vs Alliquippa
West Allegheny vs South Fayette
Belle Vernon vs Laurel Highlands
Rochester vs OLSH
Bishop Canevin vs Greensburg CC
Sto-Rox vs Steel Valley
District 8 N/A
District 9 N/A
District 10

Farrell vs Ursuline
Distric1 11
Emmaus vs Allentown CC
Easton vs Freedom
Nazareth vs Parkland
Norte Dame vs Southern Lehigh

Cathedral preps played a rare Thursday night game because of all the home games in Erie and lack of officials and what a game it was. Clarkson North was up by 4 in their own red zone with 26 seconds left & 4th down. They tried to run as much of the clock out and take a safety putting them up by two with 26 sec left in the game. Prep had a nice kick return and on the last play of the game Cater Barnes threw a 59 hail Mary to win the game for prep 22-17.

Last edited:
Ok Haus thanks. A win is a win....especially early. Clarkson must of had a few athletes.
And you'll know about W.est Toronto Prep (next week's opponent) after they play McDevitt tomorrow.
Never know about these Canadians unless one under their belt. Like Delaware teams, every now and then they zing you with a sleeper team. Used to work in Wilmington-DE, a few miles south seeing some good football despite rep.

Last edited:
Ok Haus thanks. A win is a win....especially early. Clarkson must of had a few athletes.
And you'll know about W.est Toronto Prep (next week's opponent) after they play McDevitt tomorrow.
Never know about these Canadians unless one under their belt. Like Delaware teams, every now and then they zing you with a sleeper team. Used to work in Wilmington-DE, a few miles south seeing some good football despite rep.
I was really impressed with the running back from Clarkson and they had a beast defensive lineman that's going to Virginia tech so they are good. The refs were real flag happy. I think they said there was something like 18 flags in the first half. Cater Barnes preps QB had a rough start and was benched in the first half. I think he was holding onto the ball to long, trying to scramble, and make something happen. Being benched woke him up because he came out the second half playing lights out with some clutch scrambles plus he threw the game winning 59 yard pass.

Coatesville @ Academy Park - Ouch
State College @ Dtown East - Close one.
Dtown West @ Perk Valley - Close one.
North Penn @ Qtown - Ouch
CB West @ Upper Dublin - Ouch, what is in the water in UD?

LaSalle vs Malvern - Blowout city, where did that come from?

Coatesville @ Academy Park - Ouch
State College @ Dtown East - Close one.
Dtown West @ Perk Valley - Close one.
North Penn @ Qtown - Ouch
CB West @ Upper Dublin - Ouch, what is in the water in UD?

LaSalle vs Malvern - Blowout city, where did that come from?
I'm a western pa guy but I'm surprised with cb west. A lot of guys on this board were big on them this year and they are off to an 0-2 start.

Haus, Garnet Valley is always a really really solid program out here. They bounced CBW from the playoffs last year. They graduated most of their guys, however they typically have 100+ on their roster. It’s no surprise they are again a very solid team. CBW controlled them most of the game. GV scored late.

I did not see the Upper Dublin game. I’d expect UD to (fairly?) easily win 5A District 1 championship. They have a really nice team this year. I will say I was surprised by how lopsided the final score was. I still expect CBW to end up having a decent year after a shaky start. Bucks can probably offer much more insight than I can.

Haus, Garnet Valley is always a really really solid program out here. They bounced CBW from the playoffs last year. They graduated most of their guys, however they typically have 100+ on their roster. It’s no surprise they are again a very solid team. CBW controlled them most of the game. GV scored late.

I did not see the Upper Dublin game. I’d expect UD to (fairly?) easily win 5A District 1 championship. They have a really nice team this year. I will say I was surprised by how lopsided the final score was. I still expect CBW to end up having a decent year after a shaky start. Bucks can probably offer much more insight than I can.
I always pull for them with the history of that program. I'd love to see them turn back into the powerhouse they were. I would also love to see a D1 school get over the hump and win a title. It's been a while since they had a 6A school in the championship. Back in the day they were one of the best district in the state and maybe the country.

This game, in my opinion, was played much closer than the score indicates. CBW fumbled the opening kickoff inside their own 25 yard line and played from behind for the remaining 47 minutes. And somehow still only threw 5 passes. They lack size and the offense is limited, but they played with grit. If they can turn grit into points they might be okay. UD was missing their starting RB. I don't know enough about them to know if that would have mattered. O'Sullivan can sling the ball, but my expectations for him were higher than what I saw. The UD team I saw last night was good, not great. I believe they play North Penn next week. That should give us a much clearer picture of what to expect from them.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT