ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Wood

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
I noticed that The two RBs that I thought would be carrying the load this year don't have many carries as opposed to Santiago,and Colyar is not playing. Can any one help out with this for me?

Coylar is hurt and might be out the entire RS. Jake Ross is filling in admirably. He was a starting WR and is a decent athlete runner, but AW’s passing game downfield is limited right now.

Blackstone and Santiago appeared to be sharing the workload early. Blackstone was dinged in their third game and didn’t play this past weekend. Also, when they were both in there Santiago appeared to be playing better and has been very good the last two week. I still expect Blackstone to have role once healthy again.

Reactions: lilromeo
Huck how has Wood looked this year? I guess 2-2 isn’t a bad start considering their daunting schedule. Any insights?

Yea, no cupcakes on that schedule. I think they are a work-in-progress in terms of recent standards, but I fully expect them to be right in the thick of things come November at the 5A level. They don't have a Mark Webb, Kyle Pitts, McClenton, D. Peoples, Colin Thompson. etc type of player/recruit, but they have plenty to achieve this year. They are as fundamental and sound as ever on the OL. Maybe, a bit lighter than usual, but still a real nice group there. This Santiago kid is emerging and I still think Blackstone will be heard from. It takes them a little longer to score compared to recent years, but the competition has been stiff. Bergen and McDonogh were very good up front on both sides of the ball. This Spalding team was tied with Good Counsel (SJP beat them 34-27) 35-35 and had the ball at the 4-minute mark of 4th QT before weather ended it. They are sound on defense and play good team defense. They have been hit by the big play from time to time, but overall I like what I see from the D. LB Dylan Urbanowski has a nose for the ball. Bishop has been a force on the DL and they have scrappy kids throughout that unit. They are still well-coached and still have good special teams. Considering the schedule and losing their QB I'd have to think that splitting those first four games is a pretty good thing.

I haven't seen them live, but I have watched all of their games off of Hudl.

Reactions: lilromeo
Interesting - thanks for the update. I usually jump on the Wood bandwagon later in the year when most local teams are eliminated. It sounds like Spalding was a pretty good win for them considering they are playing with their backup QB.

What are your thoughts now about wood on 2nd round of playoffs. Who do u like watching?

If you mean next week I say they beat Hollidaysburg by 41, or Wallenpaupack by 48. After all these are the state playoffs and Wood will have their hands full like every year with these upstate juggernauts.

Hollidaysburg wins easily 31-0. According to this guy the Pack coaches were not happy with the refs and the game was chippy. H'burg better be disciplined next week. I'll be curious to see where they put the game.

https://twitter.com/swalshTT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT