ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Wood 5 A champions

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Well I read all of the posts about the poor Gateway being overmatched and the normal PCL stuff,but nothing except pre game mentions of players that played. The Wood team IMO represents good solid football. Peoples and Lambert were superb at running behind an average sized line that just is unbelievably technically solid. If you like to watch old style football at its best tune into AW. Pitts was a star at its finest ,both on offense and defense. Palmer and company [Huck nailed it about the D backs] shut down a great QB and receiver. The coaching was as good as it gets. Devlin is among the best in the state. Lets not forget that Gateway played and won against some pretty good competition this year. As a side note, the officials were so damn obvious in those magical penalties from the second quarter on trying to keep the score down. I realize Wood could have put up another 28 points but its NOT the refs job to call uncalled for penalties. They should not Ref another championship game. They didn't do that crap in the 1 A or 2 A games so I wonder why in the 5 A Duh !!! Well congratulations coach Devlin and his staff and most of all to the players.

Not sure you can call it an averaged sized offensive line when you a 6-5 230lb SEC tight end down blocking and legit collapsing the entire side. I do agree with you though, they are consistently the most fundamentally sound team in all three areas of the game at Hershey every single year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT