ADVERTISEMENT

Any scrimmage information to report?

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
I would be interested in peoples perceptions of scrimmages from Saturday. I realize they don't matter much ,but its at least a start for the season. Anyone see the prep/Imhotep ,Wood/ Judge other good ones ?

I would be interested in peoples perceptions of scrimmages from Saturday. I realize they don't matter much ,but its at least a start for the season. Anyone see the prep/Imhotep ,Wood/ Judge other good ones ?

Wood dominated. Heard Prep did too.

Coatesville and Emmaus were mostly even. Coastesville scored more but I would call it even overall

Swift looked good I heard idk about wood judge but was told a couple kids from judge got pretty banged up

IA delco - how did the new Emmaus quarterback look throwing the football? I think they'll be able to run it really well, and Cuthbert seems to be high on the QB and Artis, the 6'5 receiver.

Saw just the first half of Wood-Judge. Wood dominated, agree with 16th&georgetown. As expected Wood's o-line play was luke-warm compared to last several years ... more wide-open offense, pass set up run, might have more overall speed than last year (exception of McClenton, of course) ... one Judge injury during time I was there ...

Idk but way it sounds looks like wood fooled all the doubters with talent in all the weak spots

Swift looked good I heard idk about wood judge but was told a couple kids from judge got pretty banged up
Mactatty,anything significant to share about the Preps QB for this year. There has been a great deal of discussion about this, Thanks

IA delco - how did the new Emmaus quarterback look throwing the football? I think they'll be able to run it really well, and Cuthbert seems to be high on the QB and Artis, the 6'5 receiver.
He threw the ball well when not under duress. Just threw basic Wing T patterns but was right on the money with most balls. Took some shots sometimes instead of throwing the route that the defensive was giving him, i.e., fb on bootleg.

Mactatty,anything significant to share about the Preps QB for this year. There has been a great deal of discussion about this, Thanks
Idk Romeo philly.com had Kidd Jackson ,shaw,and McCray as there options but no mention of this kid Angelos who I hear is the real deal from Florida.the only thing I know over there is swift is really hard to tackle

Can anyone tell me who it was that got hurt during warmups for Judge? I got there late and didn't see it. I heard the coaches afterward saying the early report was torn ligaments. They're going to struggle this year. I might have to agree with Rude, Judge didn't look so good. Wood, on the other hand, looked better than I expected. of course, those things go hand in hand sometimes.

He threw the ball well when not under duress. Just threw basic Wing T patterns but was right on the money with most balls. Took some shots sometimes instead of throwing the route that the defensive was giving him, i.e., fb on bootleg.

I checked out some Hudl clips, looks like Boney (#36) broke off a handful of big gains. Was that indicative of his day as a whole? I think he's a pretty safe bet to lead the EPC in rushing, and he's a bear to bring down. Schaeffer just needs to present enough of a threat throwing the ball so that Boney doesn't see exclusively 9 men in the box.

How did Emmaus look on defense? From the Coatesville clips, looks like Young had a lot of time to throw, but that also might just be what made it on the Internet. Emmaus is huge up front and I'd anticipate pretty good line play from them this year. They're definitely the popular sleeper up here in the preseason.

Ridley looked pretty good against a very raw but talented Academy Park squad. The D looked excellent , O kind of sputter along but took care of the ball

Father Judge just isnt that Good. I think Pennsbury will be a better assessment.
you may be right ... they will have more size up front than Judge did ... Judge was lacking there ... the Wood D completely shut down Judge #1's on the first 10-play possession ... Judge ran Yeedee a lot, but he got nowhere ... on the next 10-play possession that the #1's played he broke one 20-yd run ... Wood moved in big chunks, scored Russo to Webb ... probably you'll hear that a lot this year ... Wood's #2's were led by a freshman QB ... younger brother of Dooley, the all-everything QB at Springside-Chestnut Hill last year ... did well considering he is a frosh ...

1. Stuffington says:
    August 23rd, 2015 at 10:11 am
    Prep dominated Imhotep. Imhotep was really sloppy, lots of arguing between coaches and players.
    Got this from another site.this is what will stop Imhotep from winning it all.im sorry you can't yell at your coach maybe in pound ball.team needs discipline

you may be right ... they will have more size up front than Judge did ... Judge was lacking there ... the Wood D completely shut down Judge #1's on the first 10-play possession ... Judge ran Yeedee a lot, but he got nowhere ... on the next 10-play possession that the #1's played he broke one 20-yd run ... Wood moved in big chunks, scored Russo to Webb ... probably you'll hear that a lot this year ... Wood's #2's were led by a freshman QB ... younger brother of Dooley, the all-everything QB at Springside-Chestnut Hill last year ... did well considering he is a frosh ...

shane dooley the freshman from SCH last year? Transferred and reclassified?

Saw Oxford - Pottsgrove. Oxford lost a lot a has a new coach. But Pottsgrove's line roadgraded them. I think its back to the old days where Pottsgrove threw maybe 5 times per game. Their line is huge, they have 2 FBs in the 220-230 range and their TB is 190 and pretty fast (he had 2 long TDs). Oxford didn't score until the reserves went in...though they did have a couple long gains.

Next week's scrimmage against WC Rustin should be a test for Pottsgrove. I am expecting Rustin to take a hit with 300 lb Bordley leaving for IMG in FL.

I think Pottsgrove can beat PV if they can run which should keep the clock moving and perhaps keep PVs offense off the field. Perk Valley lost 4 OL but has their skill guys back. If they can protect it could be a long night for Pottsgrove.

shane dooley the freshman from SCH last year? Transferred and reclassified?

Shane Dooley was not a freshman at Chestnut Hill Academy last year he was an 8th grader at Chestnut Hill he is now a Freshman at Wood.

I checked out some Hudl clips, looks like Boney (#36) broke off a handful of big gains. Was that indicative of his day as a whole? I think he's a pretty safe bet to lead the EPC in rushing, and he's a bear to bring down. Schaeffer just needs to present enough of a threat throwing the ball so that Boney doesn't see exclusively 9 men in the box.

How did Emmaus look on defense? From the Coatesville clips, looks like Young had a lot of time to throw, but that also might just be what made it on the Internet. Emmaus is huge up front and I'd anticipate pretty good line play from them this year. They're definitely the popular sleeper up here in the preseason.
He ran well. Boney is a load. Seems to block well. His long touchdown run was against Coatesville's 2s. He had very good runs against their one's as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT