ADVERTISEMENT

Any other Pre camp league predictions?

IAdelco

Nov 7, 2011
How about the Catholic, Public, Central and Inter-Ac shape up? Any dark horses have a legitimate shot to make a run into December or is it just the usual suspects I.e. St. Joes, Wood, Imhoptep, LaSalle, etc.

I'm hearing Judge took in a couple of transfers and look pretty good so far.
QB committed to Temple as an ATH. They should be legit.

It'll be good to see how Imhotep rebuilds. They lost a ton of athletes. (Rbs,LBS,OL,TE). Wood should be interesting to watch with replacing the QB.SJP will look very different offensively with a dual threat QB. Judge and Roman will battle it out for the bottom of PCL 6A. It'll come down to the which senior QB plays better. Ryan is still a very young team I think they'll have some success later in the season.Gratz, Frankford, and Franklin will battle it out for the Public League crown.

In Pub Frankford, gratz and Franklin are all 5A. NE is the favorite in 6A, central, GW next best. 4A Imhotep, Bartram could be good just nowhere near Imhotep. Del Val is heavy favorite in 3A.

I am interested in how the "PCL Red" will play out in its first year back.

I am interested in how the "PCL Red" will play out in its first year back.

I see Wood jumping in and taking the number 3 spot behind Lasalle. SJP will be #1. Last 4 teams will be in a fight for the bottom. ABC will battle Roman for the bottom. Judge will probably be in there some where.Ryan is still very young. This conference is top heavy.

I see Wood jumping in and taking the number 3 spot behind Lasalle. SJP will be #1. Last 4 teams will be in a fight for the bottom. ABC will battle Roman for the bottom. Judge will probably be in there some where.Ryan is still very young. This conference is top heavy.
Last year's LaSalle picture changed when they got Madden. Do they have any difference-making transfers this year?

Re Judge and Ryan: Are there enough players in the northeast for both to be much better or will one's getting better have to come at the cost of the other getting weaker.

I'm expecting great things from the Prep this year as long as they can stay reasonably healthy. The defense may take some time to come around, but the offense should be great.

Last year's LaSalle picture changed when they got Madden. Do they have any difference-making transfers this year?

Re Judge and Ryan: Are there enough players in the northeast for both to be much better or will one's getting better have to come at the cost of the other getting weaker.

I'm expecting great things from the Prep this year as long as they can stay reasonably healthy. The defense may take some time to come around, but the offense should be great.

I'm with you Judge and Ryan are fighting for the same players. Early 2000's both schools had great players come in from outside of their area, but with schools like Imhotep and the PL being able to compete for state titles......... kids are staying home instead of taking that early commute to the northeast area.

Could you imagine with a lot of the kids that play in the Catholic league how good Cardinal Dougherty would be if they never closed

I'm with you Judge and Ryan are fighting for the same players. Early 2000's both schools had great players come in from outside of their area, but with schools like Imhotep and the PL being able to compete for state titles......... kids are staying home instead of taking that early commute to the northeast area.
Besides King and Godfrey who does judge and Ryan have this year a lot of the area kids are running to inter ac schools these days

Judge also has jeremy smith a transfer wr from from ryan and return Justin gies who had a very good year as a wr/db. They have the pieces at the skill spots the question will always be can they matchup upfront. Ryan also returns a boatload from last year. Romano, mcneil, edwards to name a few

northeast returns most starters from a team that won 12 games and frankford also should be a contender in what to me is the most competitive district 12 division the public league 5A

Judge also has Raheem Blackshear who transferred from Wood. He will help King and the Father Judge offense. Not sure but heard Roman maybe be sleeper team in Catholic League. Prep, LaSalle, and Wood still favorites.

Judge also has Raheem Blackshear who transferred from Wood. He will help King and the Father Judge offense. Not sure but heard Roman maybe be sleeper team in Catholic League. Prep, LaSalle, and Wood still favorites.
If Roman can put it all together in time. They'll be in a better position to compete this year. Didn't lose a bunch in starters. It'll come down to who's athletes are better in their. Upfront looked pretty good being the veteran group. If they could control the clock and establish the run some they'll be in the game.
Ryan will fight for the 3A ( or the 3A division as of last season)crown.

Does anyone see Malvern being challenged for the Inter-Ac title?

I won't count out HS until MP starts beating them again. The Fords have had their number. They've won last four head-to-head and 7 of 8 vs Friars.

MP maybe write more, be a bit deeper, but HS's cupboard won't be bare.

Last edited:
How are Roman's skill positions this year? I thought last year they were underwhelming. The kid Bristow had good size, hands, and was a reliable possession type kid. The backs seemed to be lacking. Maybe, it was youth.

northeast returns most starters from a team that won 12 games and frankford also should be a contender in what to me is the most competitive district 12 division the public league 5A

NE and FRK are in same division, but I believe different classes. NE is 6A, FRK 5A. That division also has Gratz 5A, Imhotep 4A, West Philly 4A, Del Val 3A, and Prep Charter 3A (But their existence is in limbo and might be gone).

Yes northeast is 6A and should be a clear favorite there although central looks to be good again and should challenge

How are Roman's skill positions this year? I thought last year they were underwhelming. The kid Bristow had good size, hands, and was a reliable possession type kid. The backs seemed to be lacking. Maybe, it was youth.

Huck, a lot of youth last season. A lot of soph's started last year. A lot of Juniors starting with 0 varsity experience.
Some skill guys to look out for on Roman are Sr. QB Anthony Butler. Butler in 1 year has done a complete 180. Very mature, smart, much improved. Recently offered by Morgan State. Sr. WR Joe Bristow. Bristow is pretty much the only name outside of Butler that anyone will recognize. Joe is 6'3 1/2 190. Very long and a reliable target for Butler. Added weight will only help him become more of a WR threat Sr. WR/DB Dahmeer Duvernay. Duvernay returns with a full year of starting experience at corner. Good speed and athleticism. Sr. DB/WR Shane Flaherty. Flaherty was a second team AC DB last year I believe. Very good instincts defensively, always around the football. Jr. WR/DB Donathan McCants. McCants lacks the numbers that stick out from last season, however being thrown to the fire as a Soph will only help him. Jr. RB Marquise Cooper. Cooper has good size , 5'10 185. Coopers experience last season will help him tremendously. Jr DB Rodney Michel. Rodney has very good speed and put together well. Rodney has impressed so far this summer and is expected to make big plays on the defensive side in 2016.

Huck, a lot of youth last season. A lot of soph's started last year. A lot of Juniors starting with 0 varsity experience.
Some skill guys to look out for on Roman are Sr. QB Anthony Butler. Butler in 1 year has done a complete 180. Very mature, smart, much improved. Recently offered by Morgan State. Sr. WR Joe Bristow. Bristow is pretty much the only name outside of Butler that anyone will recognize. Joe is 6'3 1/2 190. Very long and a reliable target for Butler. Added weight will only help him become more of a WR threat Sr. WR/DB Dahmeer Duvernay. Duvernay returns with a full year of starting experience at corner. Good speed and athleticism. Sr. DB/WR Shane Flaherty. Flaherty was a second team AC DB last year I believe. Very good instincts defensively, always around the football. Jr. WR/DB Donathan McCants. McCants lacks the numbers that stick out from last season, however being thrown to the fire as a Soph will only help him. Jr. RB Marquise Cooper. Cooper has good size , 5'10 185. Coopers experience last season will help him tremendously. Jr DB Rodney Michel. Rodney has very good speed and put together well. Rodney has impressed so far this summer and is expected to make big plays on the defensive side in 2016.
That's a pretty good assessment. Only hope they open up the playbook this year. Went to the Downingtown game last year they had kids running open in the middle of the field all game. Then went to the game against Ryan and they went double tight all game. They have a bunch of athletes over there. Release the chains and let them play.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
CYO, I recognize all of those names. Yes, another year of experience should really help.

Good to hear that Dahmeer is doing well. He went to my school in grade school. Good kid.

What can we expect from Carroll this year?

Carroll should definitely be improved and headed in the right direction. They had 58 kids in their roster last year and only 10 were seniors. They return their top 3 rushers, QB, and top WR.

I hear that Connor is really pounding the sidewalks in trying to get kids. Administration is tossing around some loot, too. President wants to win.

Look for them to be better, but playing in big boy division will still be too much to chew at this juncture. Two-three years from now? It might be time to pay attention.

Haverford School is still the team to beat in the Inter-Ac. Malvern lost defensive coordinator and O coordinator was let go and never replaced. Malvern has tons of talent but Haverford School has a good amount of skill and will be better coached. The game is also at Haverford School this year. Look for Brady and Malvern to be 0-3 vs the Fords in his tenure.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
On roster for judge on max preps judge looks stacked

Curious? Define stacked just from looking at a roster.

Also, with maxpreps the rosters come strictly from a kid's Hudl account. It's often wrong and changed frequently.

With that said, who knows with Blackshear. My source was strong, but a game of cat mouse at this time wouldn't shock me.

Curious? Define stacked just from looking at a roster.

Also, with maxpreps the rosters come strictly from a kid's Hudl account. It's often wrong and changed frequently.

With that said, who knows with Blackshear. My source was strong, but a game of cat mouse at this time wouldn't shock me.
You have king Eli Godfrey if eligible blackshear the kid from Ryan if he gets better Perez and a few more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT