ADVERTISEMENT

Allentown Central Catholic 50 Meadville 7

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Meadville has been in the top 4 of PennLive’s 4A rankings all year, and a 6-4 ACC team just took them behind the woodshed. More a comment on Meadville not being elite, or ACC being very good.

I thought ACC was a good team that would compete to make a run like this in the 4A playoffs after playing a 6A schedule, but I did not anticipate them throttling teams.

Meadville has been in the top 4 of PennLive’s 4A rankings all year, and a 6-4 ACC team just took them behind the woodshed. More a comment on Meadville not being elite, or ACC being very good.

I thought ACC was a good team that would compete to make a run like this in the 4A playoffs after playing a 6A schedule, but I did not anticipate them throttling teams.
Im a district 10 guy and live in meadville. They have some good players but I've said they've been overrated all year. They had a really weak schedule and their toughest opponent was a good Erie McDowell team who also took them to them to the wood shed. They also left off Erie cathedral prep from their schedule this year. With that being said great win for ACC. I think aliquippa ends thier season next week which sets up the premier match up at Cumberland valley between the quips and mcdevitt! The two best teams in the state not including St Joe's prep.

Im a district 10 guy and live in meadville. They have some good players but I've said they've been overrated all year. They had a really weak schedule and their toughest opponent was a good Erie McDowell team who also took them to them to the wood shed. They also left off Erie cathedral prep from their schedule this year. With that being said great win for ACC. I think aliquippa ends thier season next week which sets up the premier match up at Cumberland valley between the quips and mcdevitt! The two best teams in the state not including St Joe's prep.
I’ve said (I think on this board) that I thought ACC could play with any 4A team in the state outside of the Quips and McDevitt, but the amount by which they won last night is what really surprised me. They’re huge up front and will need to try and wear down Aliquippa next week.

I’ve said (I think on this board) that I thought ACC could play with any 4A team in the state outside of the Quips and McDevitt, but the amount by which they won last night is what really surprised me. They’re huge up front and will need to try and wear down Aliquippa next week.
Meadville wasn't a slouch this year but they weren't the #3team in the state. They wouldn't even finish in the top 5 in the wpial with McKeesport, quips, tj, Armstrong, CV, ect... ACC has a great team and I'm not saying they don't have a chance but 4A is the premier classification in the state this year. Aliquippa made a huge statement in the playoffs blowing out McKeesport and beating central valley 34-7. With that said if the quips over look acc they will be watching the finals from home.

Last edited:
I think great team is overselling it. Again, they were a 5-5 regular season team, they played Emmaus tough and beat Parkland, but a .500 record is a .500 record.

I don’t think they have the explosiveness at the skill spots to hang with the Quips. Jareel Calhoun might be that guy in the future, he’s just a sophomore and has flashed on his way to all league honors, but is probably a year away from really being a dude. The rest of their offense is physical, but can be plodding against good teams. Caiden Shaffer at running back is a nice HS player, 5’10 205 and runs tough, but he’s not going to take over a playoff game. Ethan Hosak at tight end is I think going to play at Bucknell, he’s a solid blocker who can run some move-the-chains routes. Griffin Partridge is a Division I baseball player, who will gives them another tough receiver, but isn’t going to stretch the field.

They make their money on the offensive line. Braheem Battle is the best recruit in the Lehigh Valley, I think he’ll be a Power 5 kid in 2025, as a 6’3 310 sophomore. He’s probably a DT at the next level, but they run right behind him, plus Fynn McDonald at the other tackle spot is 6’8 315 and can dominate. He’s also a underclass man and is probably a Group of 5 kid. The other kids up front are good high school players. But if the game is any kind of shootout, that’s a tough way to make a living offensively unless they’re just going to impose their will.

I think great team is overselling it. Again, they were a 5-5 regular season team, they played Emmaus tough and beat Parkland, but a .500 record is a .500 record.

I don’t think they have the explosiveness at the skill spots to hang with the Quips. Jareel Calhoun might be that guy in the future, he’s just a sophomore and has flashed on his way to all league honors, but is probably a year away from really being a dude. The rest of their offense is physical, but can be plodding against good teams. Caiden Shaffer at running back is a nice HS player, 5’10 205 and runs tough, but he’s not going to take over a playoff game. Ethan Hosak at tight end is I think going to play at Bucknell, he’s a solid blocker who can run some move-the-chains routes. Griffin Partridge is a Division I baseball player, who will gives them another tough receiver, but isn’t going to stretch the field.

They make their money on the offensive line. Braheem Battle is the best recruit in the Lehigh Valley, I think he’ll be a Power 5 kid in 2025, as a 6’3 310 sophomore. He’s probably a DT at the next level, but they run right behind him, plus Fynn McDonald at the other tackle spot is 6’8 315 and can dominate. He’s also a underclass man and is probably a Group of 5 kid. The other kids up front are good high school players. But if the game is any kind of shootout, that’s a tough way to make a living offensively unless they’re just going to impose their will.
I think if you make it to the semifinals in this stacked 4A division you're a pretty good team. ACC played a rough schedule and played a lot of bigger schools which definitely helped them starting November. As big as acc line is aliquippa may be bigger and having the best sophomore running back in the country running behind them doesn't hurt either. I'm just hoping for a good game Friday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT