ADVERTISEMENT

6a final

newport

Nov 22, 2002
I know the weather is probably dictating this, but this is much more of a defensive battle than I'm sure most if not all expected. I'm sure PIAA is on its knees right now praying that the game stays this competitive in the 2nd half after what has happened for much of the weekend. Should be a great 2nd half. Crazy to think only 24 min left in this season

I know the weather is probably dictating this, but this is much more of a defensive battle than I'm sure most if not all expected. I'm sure PIAA is on its knees right now praying that the game stays this competitive in the 2nd half after what has happened for much of the weekend. Should be a great 2nd half. Crazy to think only 24 min left in this season
Hawks are self destructing, leaving a lot of points on the field.

The hawk is cooked, stubborn coaching, #24 gashing pr, where was he in second half. Possession they scored on, poof 2 carries, Touchdown. Run the rock gabe, and to many fumbles, looks like pr also practices the rip and strip.

Reactions: halefleet
No way all these guys actually grew up in PR school district. They had to of recruited some of these guys to beat the Prep (sarcasm). PR is a helluva team. Solid in all areas. Early red zone stops were huge. Jurkovec really came alive in 2nd half and is everything I read about/watched and more

SJP certainly had their chances in the first half but the fumble at the one, the called-back punt return, and the the failure to catch a perfectly thrown ball that would have been a TD put them in a big hole. But the biggest kick was PR's TD in the last minute of the first half. All that said, PR was the better team tonight. That QB was terrific with the ball, especially given the conditions. His running more than his passing was the difference.

Great season for SJP--all the rankings business seemed almost to obscure the fact that in every part of the offense except for the QB they lacked experience and didn't have a huge amount of talent. If you told me in August that (especially without Simmons) they'd undefeated going into the state title game, I'd be surprised.

PR. made an adjustment at halftime. D line stayed home and played the run. They didn't think the prep could beat them with the pass. Not sure why prep didn't have a spy on the QB. He Scored TD,s in the second half standing up. I have always watched all the games but there is still nothing better then the big school final. Very good players and depth.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
True, pr def halftime adjustments fantastic but still Burrell and #13 were breaking off huge runs in first half and mid third, what happened . Coaches outsmarted themselves, got away from what worked fell in love with spread, bubble, qb draw, lead crap. Qb was like 5-25, tried to fit the square peg in round hole.

True, pr def halftime adjustments fantastic but still Burrell and #13 were breaking off huge runs in first half and mid third, what happened . Coaches outsmarted themselves, got away from what worked fell in love with spread, bubble, qb draw, lead crap. Qb was like 5-25, tried to fit the square peg in round hole.
I think McCray's numbers, while not very good, were better than 5-25. I agree PR played the Prep's QB runs quite well. The Prep relied on McCray's running all year, especially in big games (e.g. LaSalle and Coatesville), so it's not surprising that tonight they kept trying it, especially when the passing game was spotty. Still, if McCray gets the two TD passes in the first half (to Cherry and Rightly) it would have been a different game. Not saying the Prep would have won, just a different game ...

SJP lost ZERO offensive fumbles all year. They lost FOUR tonight.

Anyway, so the best public schools won 4 of 6 titles this year. So what’s the issue? Ohh, some people won’t be happy unless it’s 6 of 6.

Congrats PR - well deserved ... the best part is they are fundamentally sound and well coached. I heard the announcers say they won in basketball as well. So, should we protest?

SJP should have been closer but that's why you play the games.
#1, 'the transfer' can play ... and the announcers even said "that's how you build a program and a team" - so, what does that mean?? Honestly?, Really??, Someone help me ... did it mean for kids to play football at a school like PR with resources of that as a small college? Or did it mean that PR is a football school? Or did it mean this school is on the rise with great coaching?? I'm so confused anymore ... or maybe they just won because they were better?!!!

#24 for prep is a stud but he couldn’t hold onto the Ball tonight. Prep had way way to many mistakes to win. Very hard to win with 4 turnovers (one would’ve been sure a TD) and a dropped TD pass too. Those two are huge momentum shifts that went PR’s way. If they don’t make some of those errors we could be talking about a different game. Jurkovec was the best player on the field and he played like it. That prep defense was very very impressive in person, they stopped PR and got pressure the most from any team this season. It’s very surprising PR dropped 41 with the way the prep defense played tonight. It was very obvious going into it that prep didn’t have a very efficient passing game and that was ultimately apart of their downfall. QB seemed to like to wanna run when he gets the first opportunity rather then stay in the pocket.

Reactions: lilromeo
#24 for prep is a stud but he couldn’t hold onto the Ball tonight. Prep had way way to many mistakes to win. Very hard to win with 4 turnovers (one would’ve been sure a TD) and a dropped TD pass too. Those two are huge momentum shifts that went PR’s way. If they don’t make some of those errors we could be talking about a different game. Jurkovec was the best player on the field and he played like it. That prep defense was very very impressive in person, they stopped PR and got pressure the most from any team this season. It’s very surprising PR dropped 41 with the way the prep defense played tonight. It was very obvious going into it that prep didn’t have a very efficient passing game and that was ultimately apart of their downfall. QB seemed to like to wanna run when he gets the first opportunity rather then stay in the pocket.
Nice win,congratulations ! Jurkovic was very good tonight as always. Too bad for the turnovers by the Prep, but that's football. PR deserves the title this year.

The hawk is cooked, stubborn coaching, #24 gashing pr, where was he in second half. Possession they scored on, poof 2 carries, Touchdown. Run the rock gabe, and to many fumbles, looks like pr also practices the rip and strip.
Gashing. Hahaha. Kid can’t do anything but fumble.

Anyway, so the best public schools won 4 of 6 titles this year. So what’s the issue? Ohh, some people won’t be happy unless it’s 6 of 6.
They are soft. And must play soft teams. They got smacked all night and had no answer.

Congrats PR - well deserved ... the best part is they are fundamentally sound and well coached. I heard the announcers say they won in basketball as well. So, should we protest?

SJP should have been closer but that's why you play the games.
#1, 'the transfer' can play ... and the announcers even said "that's how you build a program and a team" - so, what does that mean?? Honestly?, Really??, Someone help me ... did it mean for kids to play football at a school like PR with resources of that as a small college? Or did it mean that PR is a football school? Or did it mean this school is on the rise with great coaching?? I'm so confused anymore ... or maybe they just won because they were better?!!!
Got recruit harder. QB horrible. Must play flag in eastern PA. Couldn’t take getting hit. Didn’t want to catch and couldn’t hold the football. Very soft.

True story Burrs5, Pine Richland played a great game, both Coach and team were prepared for SJP. Some people will never be happy about the public/ private Archdiocese school thing.

Football. 6a with a lowercase, i would call 13 carries for 158 yds gashing and last night everyone fumbled. Good try at stoking the flames. Qb was 12-35. To many pass attempts in that weather, especially after starting 1-9. Reminds me of rain soaked, wind swept np game, throwing the rock 33 times to make new qb look good against a bad team. But i digress.....

Football. 6a with a lowercase, i would call 13 carries for 158 yds gashing and last night everyone fumbled. Good try at stoking the flames. Qb was 12-35. To many pass attempts in that weather, especially after starting 1-9. Reminds me of rain soaked, wind swept np game, throwing the rock 33 times to make new qb look good against a bad team. But i digress.....
Hahaha excuses excuses.

Got recruit harder. QB horrible. Must play flag in eastern PA. Couldn’t take getting hit. Didn’t want to catch and couldn’t hold the football. Very soft.
As you well know, SJP won three of the previous four state titles, two by very wide margins. And when they won those three--including the one over PR--nobody from SJP or the eastern side of the state made the kind of childish insults you are making. As well, after the lopsided 5A final nobody came on here to say that in western PA they play flag football.

No offense to the West Catholic guy but people only care about the big schools.

Penalties, turnovers and a complete lack of composure at the end of the game. Yielded almost 100 points the last two weeks. Long winter of discontent and soul searching ahead for Gabe. Life is a little different when you can't hand it to #7.

Look who came home drunk after their big win and pounded on the key board. Biggest loser in all of this is you, pretty obvious to all.

Reactions: green_beans
Dude get a grip bruh. Not even i , a non prep fan can stand this nonsense. Pr has one state championship ring, prep 3 in 5 years, 27 straight wins against good comp. I wouldn't call that soft, I'd say lost. And please pr beat pcc this year, who prep smoked last year. Speak the truth, stay away from the egg nog.

Don't get to caught up on football 6a comments he is just trying to Trump you and be obnoxious

I can't believe I am going to back up SJP.. as with Cover.. I am a non-prep fan.. call it a competitive thing (NP alumni).... nice win for PR.. but act like you have been there before... oh wait.. dump comment on my part-you haven't been.. the first time is always the hardest..

Hahaha excuses excuses.
Cover is a North Penn guy I believe? He's not a SJP fan. He's seen SJP many times. Like he said you are just throwing gas on the flames. At the end of day better team won last night! Where you get off calling SJP soft is funny. Take a look at the film! No soft buddy!

Reactions: green_beans
BTW QB was 27-0 coming in. He smashed your PCC school last year!

Cover is a North Penn guy I believe? He's not a SJP fan. He's seen SJP many times. Like he said you are just throwing gas on the flames. At the end of day better team won last night! Where you get off calling SJP soft is funny. Take a look at the film! No soft buddy!
SOFT

Ballay played some H last year. Did not start at WR. Camino started at WR and is getting no offensive reps, he has been moved to fullback which they won't use this year. King played H when Ballay didn't, which was often, he is getting no offensive reps. The new H is a coaches kid that has never caught a varsity pass. No competition for any of these spots and large disagreements within the coaching staff about all of it.

Last comment....Jochem is your starting H with no competition. The others you mention may be good for a series or two. Not using Camino and King on offense is just flat stupid. Keep in mind the inside receivers block for screens constantly. Good luck with a bunch of 170 lb kids taking on LBs

Camino wasn’t a good WR at all last year. To slow, suspect hands at best. That’s the truth. He fit in at DE much better and he had a big year for their defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT