ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Too Early State Champions Predictions

Isn't he a sorta squat short dude?
lol yes he is a smaller dude, goofball- BUT the kids like the attention- i just cannot understand how or why the coaches did not "push or encourage" even one returning starter / team leader

Reactions: new2pa
The fact they are interviewed tells me something. PS: The one larger white kid that was interviewed - Curren I think - is a coaches kid that barely played last year - and he ain't like Miller, Jochem x2, Neff, etc. So there you have it. LeDonne is basically trying to make ultra-suburban, bubble city P-R like his beloved Quips or PH.

Maybe the Wentz kid could have played on those earlier teams but that's about it. The best looking one is Timmons and he's an a$$hole from everything I've heard. Now, 16 yo kids can be that way, so maybe he's better this year. But I've literally never heard of any of them making huge contributions. Maybe Oobi a little last year particluarly as a runner, but that's about it.

Anyway, thinking :

Week 0: ?
CC: L
SV: W
NH: W
FC: W
PH: W
Latrobe: L
Quips: L
NA: L
Shaler: W

5-4 pending Week 0. I can see them bearing Latrobe as well. We will see. 7-3 max upside IMO.
IDK- i might be full of crap- i just re-read this thread- and I predicted PR was gonna be state champ?? I just look at the program, the kids and the history- it's possible. There are just so many things LeDonne does that i question- like all these new kids. Wentz was not very good last year. Thimmons has matured and is working hard, might be really good. Yes i agree they could get to 7-3 in reg season- most likely losses imo are PCC, Latrobe and maybe NA- Quips are no longer on their schedule, which is a shame. If by platoffs, if we have a decent passing game and fairly healthy we might make a run- 5A gonna be a dog fight with more teams getting in.

Ironically what they did with the Curren kid might be one of the most impressive things- coach's kid- started first 3 games, was bad, barely played after that- they did not even give him a LETTER! But we gotta get him on the field- 6'3, 280, and already the strongest kid ever in the program- might be OT.

lol yes he is a smaller dude, goofball- BUT the kids like the attention- i just cannot understand how or why the coaches did not "push or encourage" even one returning starter / team leader
Can't be worse than that WPIAL Sportsmen. Massive ego. Guy has very little concept of the English language and used to be super political on an account for giving players a spotlight for whatever reason.

Can't be worse than that WPIAL Sportsmen. Massive ego. Guy has very little concept of the English language and used to be super political on an account for giving players a spotlight for whatever reason.
Pretty sure he's the parent of a former PCC kid.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
IDK- i might be full of crap- i just re-read this thread- and I predicted PR was gonna be state champ?? I just look at the program, the kids and the history- it's possible. There are just so many things LeDonne does that i question- like all these new kids. Wentz was not very good last year. Thimmons has matured and is working hard, might be really good. Yes i agree they could get to 7-3 in reg season- most likely losses imo are PCC, Latrobe and maybe NA- Quips are no longer on their schedule, which is a shame. If by platoffs, if we have a decent passing game and fairly healthy we might make a run- 5A gonna be a dog fight with more teams getting in.

Ironically what they did with the Curren kid might be one of the most impressive things- coach's kid- started first 3 games, was bad, barely played after that- they did not even give him a LETTER! But we gotta get him on the field- 6'3, 280, and already the strongest kid ever in the program- might be OT.

Is there new schedule out? I had forgotten about Quips back in 4A.

Is there new schedule out? I had forgotten about Quips back in 4A.
yes its on PR website- looks like the WPIAL debated which 5A to have Quips play as non-conference- and they decided Penn Hills instead of PR- i guess more fair to the Quips, idk- for PR they "swapped" Wuips, for Latrobe

He wanted to spend more time with the family. I assume he didn't want all the responsibilities and commitment that comes with being a head coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT