ADVERTISEMENT

20 year anniversary of the best high school game ever

Followed closely by P-R / Governor Mifflin game in 2020.

Followed closely by P-R / Governor Mifflin game in 2020.
i don't think so for many reasons

that was a blowout for most of the game, big comebacks are cool but to me the best games are back and forth from beginning to end

how many people actually saw that game too? it won't be remembered by most

plus this was the state championship in a blizzard, the setting and context makes it hard to top

These are some of the best games imo
2007 wpial championship-gateway/pcc
2000 wpial championship- Lebo/Woodland hills
2015 SEMIFINAL- Penn trafford/Pine Richland

These are some of the best games imo
2007 wpial championship-gateway/pcc
2000 wpial championship- Lebo/Woodland hills
2015 SEMIFINAL- Penn trafford/Pine Richland
all great games, but flawed

2007 - looked like a relatively easy win for Central until the final minutes
2000 - too low scoring, a bunch of 3 and outs gets boring
2015 - district semifinal game not as interesting or important as state title game

a comparable game for me is the 2000 state final with CB West and ECP, two national goliaths trading blows throughout the game, but the blizzard setting in 2003 makes me enjoy that game more

all great games, but flawed

2007 - looked like a relatively easy win for Central until the final minutes
2000 - too low scoring, a bunch of 3 and outs gets boring
2015 - district semifinal game not as interesting or important as state title game
I guess I’m a sucker for fantastic endings

a comparable game for me is the 2000 state final with CB West and ECP, two national goliaths trading blows throughout the game, but the blizzard setting in 2003 makes me enjoy that game more
You’d probably like the 2021 wpial championship between Penn trafford and moon. It was snowing, the teams colors were perfectly christmas themed, and it ended 24-21 on a field goal miss

You’d probably like the 2021 wpial championship between Penn trafford and moon. It was snowing, the teams colors were perfectly christmas themed, and it ended 24-21 on a field goal miss
that was good but not exactly a blizzard, and i felt bad for the kicker

I was at P-R / MC. Great atmosphere in the state's biggest game.

But, to me nothing tops 1994 MC/Berwick in the state eastern finals. Over 15k at the game at Hershey. People were sitting in the isles up and down the bleachers. Hershey turned a blind eye and allowed people line the fences, 2 deep.

The closest thing to a college football game atmosphere-wise.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT